COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
That explains why when it's too cold for them and not enough heat and light and food they reserve their resources and stop laying, id give them extra food to help them gain some winter weight and give them a heat soure They will soon start to lay again.. . It's the most natural thing for a healthy bird to lay eggs... I give my rabbits and hens lots of extra food to fatten up over winter ( it's what they do in the wild) after all fat is there to keep us all warm... it's not about giving them a break from laying it's a simple case of they are cold and need extra heat and food... give it a go no harm will come of it as it's a bitter winter this year ❤
I know that they need more fatty food in winter to keep them warm, but I would never use an extra heat for chicken. When they are outside it is cold too. My chicken get a lot of extra food in winter too.:) I hope the winter will not be so cold !:eek:

Bee62

Germany
Good afternoon CDR ! Good afternoon friends !
Little update on my old cat: He got the next shots today and is now very exhausted from the VET visit. But he eats and drinks as usual.
Weekend should show if there is more improvement in his health.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning all. Frosty start here in Kent, but the sun is shining and it's a lovely morning.

I'm wrestling with JoesDad's new phone. He is so untechnical that he just hands it to me and I get it going and everything transferred. To be fair, it's the division of labour in this house... I do technical, he does finance. It works fine as long as neither of us meddles with things we don't understand :D
wifey plus finances = gin.
Good afternoon, Linda. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning, roommates! Very sunny and totally freezing in Roskilde today. Had a coffee morning with some school parents, then walked past the UNESCO World Heritage listed Roskilde Cathedral (it’s between home and daughter’s school). Gorgeous in any weather.
Good morning, Lena. :)
It was even a bit chilly when i went out this morning to visit SPLAT.
The sweet little thing has not been eating for a few weeks, drinking a lot and will thus be allowed to hibernate this week.He has a burrow under a rock ledge already half excavated and is still digging it, so I guess we'll let him vanish for the winter and hope he comes out safely in a few weeks time.
Sorry, no photos as wifey didn't come with me.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good afternoon CDR ! Good afternoon friends !
Little update on my old cat: He got the next shots today and is now very exhausted from the VET visit. But he eats and drinks as usual.
Weekend should show if there is more improvement in his health.
It is at least looking a bit more hopeful!
Will be thinking good, positive thoughts for your cat over the weekend. :<3:
Good afternoon, ccl Bee :).

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Good morning, Noel. :)
You are the magnificent SEVEN ! ! !
Five likes and five dislikes for your TORTOISE sender, please. :D

Yay!!!!!!
It’s awesome being lucky magnificent seven [emoji256]☘️
My five likes are:
Tortoises
Coffee
Plants
Fish (alive)
Traveling

My dislikes
Lettuce
Time away from the people I love
Being cold
Sushi
Beets

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yay!!!!!!
It’s awesome being lucky magnificent seven [emoji256]☘️
My five likes are:
Tortoises
Coffee
Plants
Fish (alive)
Traveling

My dislikes
Lettuce
Time away from the people I love
Being cold
Sushi
Beets
Indeed, you are most magnificent. :)
So, TORTOISE sender to Noel:
A coffee-coloured, tortoise-shaped plant or a holiday to a place full of living fish would be great.
A long holiday on her own to a lettuce and beet farm in the Icelandic sushi capital in winter would not be good.
Now we know. :D

xlondon-ladyx

London uk
Good afternoon, Sara.:)
Yes, indeed, Amazon are bombarding me with discount offers on loads of items I don't want and they wouldn't post to Morocco anyway. :rolleyes:
Good Afternoon Mr guru since raising the substrate Mr Handsome been trying to climb out ( yes I know now they can't understand glass) had to put cardboard up but he knows what he saw and keeps going back his a smart boy for sure so I'm cutting sticky back plastic to stick on the outside in a grass design so he can't see out anymore! Also his been doing laps around his head mound is that normal? As im battled

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
@Tidgy's Dad we are hitting 95F under uv 100F under heat bulb hot end.... 75F cold end heat gun come is that ok?
Time to play games with the heat gun!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Yup, that sounds perfect.
Most splendid. :):tort:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good Afternoon Mr guru since raising the substrate Mr Handsome been trying to climb out ( yes I know now they can't understand glass) had to put cardboard up but he knows what he saw and keeps going back his a smart boy for sure so I'm cutting sticky back plastic to stick on the outside in a grass design so he can't see out anymore! Also his been doing laps around his head mound is that normal? As im battled
He is checking out his 'new' enclosure since the substrate change. Put in some sight barriers or objects of interest to help distract him and beware of flip hazards,, but he should calm down anyway after he's got used to things. But they are a bit slow on the uptake so it may take a few days.