COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Really? My ladies are still laying fresh eggs every day! My husband loves it when they lay double yolk eggs, your ladies are really beautiful looking birds ❤ how old are your ladies? Even last winter which was their 1st winter of laying they laid the whole winter they haven't stopped laying... I didn't know they even could stop laying we keep a heat lamp on them in the coop when they nest at night... they don't mind the cold but they hate the summer and being hot bless their hearts
I love my Brahma chicken. They are so big and beautiful with their feathered feets. My hens are 2 - 4 years old. They don`t have a heat lamp or artificial light to extend the day. Last winter they lay eggs, but it seems that this winter they don`t want to.:eek:

Bee62

Germany
Tired Adam ?
I am not, but I have to go to bed. :(
Tomorrow I have to get up earlier and have to work.:(
Not much time for the CDR on weekend I think:(:(:( but I will try to pop in as often as I can.:)

images

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Tired Adam ?
I am not, but I have to go to bed. :(
Tomorrow I have to get up earlier and have to work.:(
Not much time for the CDR on weekend I think:(:(:( but I will try to pop in as often as I can.:)

images
A bit tired, perhaps.
I may have an early night.
Have a good weekend and hopefully we'll manage to speak a little.
Take care and sweet dreams.
Nos da. :)

xlondon-ladyx

London uk
I love my Brahma chicken. They are so big and beautiful with their feathered feets. My hens are 2 - 4 years old. They don`t have a heat lamp or artificial light to extend the day. Last winter they lay eggs, but it seems that this winter they don`t want to.:eek:
That explains why when it's too cold for them and not enough heat and light and food they reserve their resources and stop laying, id give them extra food to help them gain some winter weight and give them a heat soure They will soon start to lay again.. . It's the most natural thing for a healthy bird to lay eggs... I give my rabbits and hens lots of extra food to fatten up over winter ( it's what they do in the wild) after all fat is there to keep us all warm... it's not about giving them a break from laying it's a simple case of they are cold and need extra heat and food... give it a go no harm will come of it as it's a bitter winter this year ❤

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. Frosty start here in Kent, but the sun is shining and it's a lovely morning.

I'm wrestling with JoesDad's new phone. He is so untechnical that he just hands it to me and I get it going and everything transferred. To be fair, it's the division of labour in this house... I do technical, he does finance. It works fine as long as neither of us meddles with things we don't understand :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all. Frosty start here in Kent, but the sun is shining and it's a lovely morning.

I'm wrestling with JoesDad's new phone. He is so untechnical that he just hands it to me and I get it going and everything transferred. To be fair, it's the division of labour in this house... I do technical, he does finance. It works fine as long as neither of us meddles with things we don't understand :D

Good morning, Linda!
Who’s winning the wrestling match so far?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning, roommates! Very sunny and totally freezing in Roskilde today. Had a coffee morning with some school parents, then walked past the UNESCO World Heritage listed Roskilde Cathedral (it’s between home and daughter’s school). Gorgeous in any weather.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning, Linda!
Who’s winning the wrestling match so far?
If this were a boxing match, I'd say the phone was winning, but the balance of power is changing.

They give you just enough information to think you understand what you need to do and then you have to work out what they haven't told you... It's a bit like putting together flat-pack furniture :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Could somebody please enlighten me: the shops here advertise discounts for “Black Week”. Surely they don’t mean this “Black Week”? Or is that a shopping event? :confused:
View attachment 223094
It's an American marketing thing launched by retailers to try to boost sales round the Thanksgiving holiday.

Retailers in the UK latched onto "Black Friday" a couple of years ago and, while there was madness the first year, the UK public seems to have lost interest largely because it's based round a shopping dip that we just don't have here. Retailers in desperation have extended this to a week to try to maintain interest, but I think people are quite good at seeing through marketing ploys when the deals don't stack up to what is claimed.

Don't get me wrong. There are undoubtedly some good deals to be had, but the hype and the madness isn't the British way and people are seeing through it :D

It is probably the same in Germany! The British have strong German ancestry :D