COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Good afternoon Adam, Wifey and Tidgy.

I just returned home from the airport after I picked up the two Olis.

They did enjoy themselves and they both asked me to thank you on their behalf. So:

THANK YOU @Tidgy's Dad for everything.
Good afternoon, Gillian. :)
I'm glad they're happy.
Were they in the bar drunk?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
@JoesMum good afternoon humidity is 60_61% at the min what am I aimimg for don't want it too dry or too humid expert advice needed by the tortoise Queen ❤
That should be fine.
As long as your substrate is kept moist, there is a nice hide, you give frequent soaks and the air is not too dry and a water source is always available it is not a huge problem for this species.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Student? What do you teach.... I knew you was alchemists... mr guru is a wizard and a fine wizard at that
I teach at home, just to help out a bit.
English, mostly, to students of all ages except children.
I also sometimes teach other subjects, geology, particularly palaeontology, physics, maths, Latin, astronomy, some history.............

xlondon-ladyx

London uk
That should be fine.
As long as your substrate is kept moist, there is a nice hide, you give frequent soaks and the air is not too dry and a water source is always available it is not a huge problem for this species.
Ok I'll go spray it now didn't want it too wet in there for him I thigjy
I teach at home, just to help out a bit.
English, mostly, to students of all ages except children.
I also sometimes teach other subjects, geology, particularly palaeontology, physics, maths, Latin, astronomy, some history.............
Omg oh my goodness you are a guru ❤ my respect and appreciation of you has just escalated rapidly ❤ in ore.. you may now blush profusely

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Ok I'll go spray it now didn't want it too wet in there for him I thigjy

Omg oh my goodness you are a guru ❤ my respect and appreciation of you has just escalated rapidly ❤ in ore.. you may now blush profusely
No, that won't make me blush, my head's too big for that.
Hence the hat not fitting.
I don't spray the substrate, it just makes the top damp and dries out too quickly. Poor water into the substrate and mix by hand, that way the top may dry out but you have the moisture underneath. Yes, moist but not wet.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'm off up to the lab with Tidgy for a bit.
She's going to help me choose some fossils to post to the American chap I've got to send a Secret Santa in the Fossil Forum.
Tidgy finds fossils fascinating. She particularly like to sniff them and sit on them, but doesn't try to eat them.
Good girl.
See you later, Roommates. :D

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm off up to the lab with Tidgy for a bit.
She's going to help me choose some fossils to post to the American chap I've got to send a Secret Santa in the Fossil Forum.
Tidgy finds fossils fascinating. She particularly like to sniff them and sit on them, but doesn't try to eat them.
Good girl.
See you later, Roommates. :D
Thank goodness she doesn't :eek: POOP on them! I'm afraid Elsa might:oops: - she's very casual about her toileting habits, I'm afraid. o_O

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
There’s tumbleweed rolling through TFO today. Where is everyone? It’s not just the CDR that’s empty
I always thought tumbleweed was a plant native to the Americas, but :eek: NOT SO!!!! Apparently it's called "Russian Thistle" and its tiny seeds were accidentally introduced in the 1800s with shipments of grain etc from Russia.
Darling Hubby is a Texas boy and grew up with tumbleweeds. He says they are great fun for kids: the big balls stick to each other like velcro! They would use them to build forts with and could make them quite tall! Unfortunately, being so very dry, they can be quite a fire hazard!

xlondon-ladyx

London uk
No, that won't make me blush, my head's too big for that.
Hence the hat not fitting.
I don't spray the substrate, it just makes the top damp and dries out too quickly. Poor water into the substrate and mix by hand, that way the top may dry out but you have the moisture underneath. Yes, moist but not wet.
It's already dam and the tops dry In some places so it's fine then I'll just leave it until the substrate is drying out too much

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thank goodness she doesn't :eek: POOP on them! I'm afraid Elsa might:oops: - she's very casual about her toileting habits, I'm afraid. o_O
Tidgy is toilet trained. (seriously)
She only poops on our little table we put her on for her toilet needs.
Plus occasionally outside or very rarely during a soak.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It got too dark to keep checking the fossils and Tidgy decided it was supper time so we came back down but i got some good stuff to send.
More tomorrow hopefully.
It's my fault, the electric in my laboratory has a broken cable and I've been putting off fixing it all summer. :rolleyes:

JSWallace

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
View attachment 223143View attachment 223145View attachment 223147View attachment 223148View attachment 223153

So a few more pictures from Bath. These are the Roman baths, approx 2000 years old. You can see how warm the water is by the steam!
And the famous Georgian crescent, you can buy a three bedroom apartment here if you have a spare £5000000! And the Abbey, sadly sideways but impressive none the less
I can't see the photos either, i'm afraid. :(
Pesky app.