COLD DARK ROOM

DE42

Could we have an example of ‘redneck’ please? I’d love to learn :D
Han't no learnen to it. It's just sumthun ya born with out here. It like this. Ya younguns come home from playing up yonder in da tater patch and ask watchya got ta eat? And you tell e'm "y'all ain't getten nuttun till ya wash y'all's filthy hands. Han't no tellen watch y'all got on e'm. Holler at ya pal when ya get done an tell him ta come on."

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Yeah! Even she knew my bike's sound. When I came home even I don't use horn to intimate, she used to run over the door and wait for me to open it, then she started meow and happy dance. I loved her so much. She was my 1st cat(kitten) as well. I ordered every possible thing available here for cats from cat litter box, litter, food even comb and poop scoop. Everything available. Some of these things I ordered from another city (Lahore). I loved her so much and she too, she used to sleep just next to me, and she also liked to lick me sometimes. Cats are so adorable and cute.[emoji173]
And she was someone really special. I used to talk with her and she listens everything sitting on my lap. [emoji173][emoji7]
I always used to have cats in the UK.
But here it's difficult, the local children are not good to them.
So I don't have one now.:(
But I have my Tidgy! :<3::tort:(my superstar tortoise)
And now SPLAT ! ! ! !:<3::tort:(a baby tortoise)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Han't no learnen to it. It's just sumthun ya born with out here. It like this. Ya younguns come home from playing up yonder in da tater patch and ask watchya got ta eat? And you tell e'm "y'all ain't getten nuttun till ya wash y'all's filthy hands. Han't no tellen watch y'all got on e'm. Holler at ya pal when ya get done an tell him ta come on."
:confused:
And :confused:

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
South West England, a horrible industrial town called Bridgwater.
My family were rural country farmers and Welsh miners from across the Bristol Channel.
I'm a peasant. :D

I grew up on a small cattle farm, we had horses, goats, pigs all of the above and some etc [emoji41]
We’re all peasants [emoji41]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I always used to have cats in the UK.
But here it's difficult, the local children are not good to them.
So I don't have one now.:(
But I have my Tidgy! :<3::tort:(my superstar tortoise)
And now SPLAT ! ! ! !:<3::tort:(a baby tortoise)
Wait! What did I miss? You now have a baby tortoise? What kind?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
The sun came out so I thought I had better get some postcards :)

Starting with The London Eye from Charing Cross Bridge
View attachment 229631

This little green hut it actually a Cabbies Hut. Built in the days of the horse and cart they were for taxi drivers to take refreshment... some of them still are :)
View attachment 229632
And then I went to the Savoy Queen’s Chapel. It’s actually the chapel of a hospital for the poor built by King Henry VII (the one before the one with 6 wives ;) ) The Savoye Hospital has long since gone and the site is now occupied by a rather posh hotel - the original in its chain. The chapel remains and is the HQ of the Royal Victorian Order of chivalry.
View attachment 229633
View attachment 229634
View attachment 229635
View attachment 229636
View attachment 229638
:eek: WOW!!! Always love your postcards, Linda!!! Thanks so much! :)

Raqib Farid

Karachi Pakistan