COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Han't no learnen to it. It's just sumthun ya born with out here. It like this. Ya younguns come home from playing up yonder in da tater patch and ask watchya got ta eat? And you tell e'm "y'all ain't getten nuttun till ya wash y'all's filthy hands. Han't no tellen watch y'all got on e'm. Holler at ya pal when ya get done an tell him ta come on."
:D:D:D:D:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Wait! What did I miss? You now have a baby tortoise? What kind?
Yes, last summer i was given a baby tortoise by someone who could no longer care for it.
Another Testudo graeca graeca.
Beautiful but currently in quarantine while i was building an outdoor enclosure for it.
Currently brumating , probably far too young for this, and it's been a long, cold winter, so i may have made the wrong decision there.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Han't no learnen to it. It's just sumthun ya born with out here. It like this. Ya younguns come home from playing up yonder in da tater patch and ask watchya got ta eat? And you tell e'm "y'all ain't getten nuttun till ya wash y'all's filthy hands. Han't no tellen watch y'all got on e'm. Holler at ya pal when ya get done an tell him ta come on."

Awesome. Thank you! :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes, last summer i was given a baby tortoise by someone who could no longer care for it.
Another Testudo graeca graeca.
Beautiful but currently in quarantine while i was building an outdoor enclosure for it.
Currently brumating , probably far too young for this, and it's been a long, cold winter, so i may have made the wrong decision there.

I was wondering how little Splat is doing. (Are you still sure about calling the poor thing that?)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
And then I went to the Savoy Queen’s Chapel. It’s actually the chapel of a hospital for the poor built by King Henry VII (the one before the one with 6 wives ;) ) The Savoye Hospital has long since gone and the site is now occupied by a rather posh hotel - the original in its chain. The chapel remains and is the HQ of the Royal Victorian Order of chivalry.

Ironic, isn’t it — from a hospital for the poor to a posh hotel. Hope the guests aren’t haunted by ghosts and old diseases :eek: