COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
The sun came out so I thought I had better get some postcards :)

Starting with The London Eye from Charing Cross Bridge
View attachment 229631

This little green hut it actually a Cabbies Hut. Built in the days of the horse and cart they were for taxi drivers to take refreshment... some of them still are :)
View attachment 229632
And then I went to the Savoy Queen’s Chapel. It’s actually the chapel of a hospital for the poor built by King Henry VII (the one before the one with 6 wives ;) ) The Savoye Hospital has long since gone and the site is now occupied by a rather posh hotel - the original in its chain. The chapel remains and is the HQ of the Royal Victorian Order of chivalry.
View attachment 229633
View attachment 229634
View attachment 229635
View attachment 229636
View attachment 229638
Wow, what a impressive chapel. The mural paintings are amazing.
With sun all the objects of your postcards look more beautiful and friendly ... Thank you Linda.

Bee62

Germany
Glad to be the first ;)

The pixie frog is with me. I left to Chicago for 3 weeks and spent time with my gf. After that I flew to Andrew, Texas to start working. My uncle was in Houston and was able to bring him here.
Fine ! I think froggy is full grown. Is he fat and beautiful ????:eek::D Pictures ??? Please ....:D

Bee62

Germany
Yeah! Even she knew my bike's sound. When I came home even I don't use horn to intimate, she used to run over the door and wait for me to open it, then she started meow and happy dance. I loved her so much. She was my 1st cat(kitten) as well. I ordered every possible thing available here for cats from cat litter box, litter, food even comb and poop scoop. Everything available. Some of these things I ordered from another city (Lahore). I loved her so much and she too, she used to sleep just next to me, and she also liked to lick me sometimes. Cats are so adorable and cute.[emoji173]
And she was someone really special. I used to talk with her and she listens everything sitting on my lap. [emoji173][emoji7]
I understand you very well. Here in the CDR are many cat loving people.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning all. 11:50am here and I’m in London.

I woke to snow again this morning, but there’s none 40 miles away in the city. I am hoping it’s stopped back home!

My iPhone 6 desperately needed a new battery and Apple has been shamed into replacing them cheaply (£25) for a limited period. Unfortunately, the nearest Apple store to me is being refurbished .... actually that’s fortunate given today’s snow, I wouldn’t have wanted to drive there this morning... so I made an appointment in Covent Garden instead.

I now have an hour to kill in the freezing cold... or a suitable coffee shop with WiFi :D
Okay that was 7 hours ago according to the post. So hopefully all done and dusted.