COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
My oldest granddaughter (22). Went on a fishing charter on lake Erie. They had a wonderful day limiting out on walleyes.
Great eating fish, maybe when Rose and I are in michigan July/ August. I will take the boat to lake Erie.
IMG_2768.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's a great idea Ray....too hot in Florida in August anyway.

Saw the aftermath of a fatal bike accident on the Verazano bridge at 6am when we got to the other side. The Freedom tower & NY skyline way over there!
20240623_062504.jpg
Then after an hour stop at home to pick up the cooler and unwind we drove to Chincoteague island and Assateaque (so?) Islands. You may have heard of the ponies that swim the channel
20240623_132948_HDR.jpg
Assateaque on the left, Chincoteague on the right:
20240623_133611.jpg
After this, we drove down to cross the Chesapeake Bay tunnel/bridge. There are 2 tunnels that allow ships to travel above without affecting traffic or getting knocked down like the one up North in Baltimore.
20240623_163022_HDR.jpg
20240623_163037.jpg
We saw a major accident on Waze and tasked siri to find a way around the closed bridge at Portsmouth. Wow...she did!
We arrived in Williamsburg 12.5 hrs after leaving NY.
Kerry is at the adult pool reading, I just woke up...lol.
Started the day today right....7AM= no kids!
20240624_071200.jpg
After wearing out the machines we went to Colonial Williamsburg. How come we were the only ones smart enough to bring our ebikes? All those poor folks out there in 90 plus degree weather frying up like eggs! Didn't any of them realize that this is okay? You see how far that is, right? LMAO
20240624_101531.jpg
20240624_110021.jpg
We went to one of the Taverns for lunch. I got a beef stew that blew me away. We did not expect the food to be as good as it was. My meal was as good as any that I've ever bought in a restaurant. No matter where in the world it was.

We came back in the afternoon I took a nap for the last 2 hours.

While we were at lunch, I got a call from a nice lady who works for the US gvnt who wanted to send me a crapload of money each month, forever. Then when I opened my email before said nap, I found that the Local #5 girl says National is good to go on my hours back in the 80's....so my ex can finally get paid with the pension I earned. Very cool!

Attachments

• 20240623_132948_HDR.jpg
    20240623_132948_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The nap is coming back to haunt me....lol. I might not sleep much tonight.

I joined Kerry at the pool for some people watching, then she came from deep in the hole on the front 9 to whip me in miniature golf when my buzz ended and my game collapsed on the back 9. Lol

The place here has a ton of kids but it was a timeshare gift from friends so it's really cheap to stay here. The kids are a bane to a recently retired teacher but most of them are actually pretty good....and most of them are fat. We always had 1 fat kid in class and he paid heck for it. Now they tell me not to offend their body image. Ok Sparky but those biker tats on the Pillsbury dough boy body don't make you look tough, trust me. I'm watching your girl as she's desperately looking for her next ride with her roaming eyes. I am just having fun but there should be a BMI limit to be eligible for tats on a man. I mean I have to look at that mess, put a shirt on bro. LOL

It is nice here....and Kerry is the one struggling to get into vacation mode for a change. It's ok, I've got her.

The 25 y/o young man who waited on us at lunch was from Ukraine. He bailed at the very onset of stupid. Meh, we all make our own decisions but at least he was fit.
LOL

MaNaAk

Southend
The nap is coming back to haunt me....lol. I might not sleep much tonight.

I joined Kerry at the pool for some people watching, then she came from deep in the hole on the front 9 to whip me in miniature golf when my buzz ended and my game collapsed on the back 9. Lol

The place here has a ton of kids but it was a timeshare gift from friends so it's really cheap to stay here. The kids are a bane to a recently retired teacher but most of them are actually pretty good....and most of them are fat. We always had 1 fat kid in class and he paid heck for it. Now they tell me not to offend their body image. Ok Sparky but those biker tats on the Pillsbury dough boy body don't make you look tough, trust me. I'm watching your girl as she's desperately looking for her next ride with her roaming eyes. I am just having fun but there should be a BMI limit to be eligible for tats on a man. I mean I have to look at that mess, put a shirt on bro. LOL

It is nice here....and Kerry is the one struggling to get into vacation mode for a change. It's ok, I've got her.

The 25 y/o young man who waited on us at lunch was from Ukraine. He bailed at the very onset of stupid. Meh, we all make our own decisions but at least he was fit.
LOL
Well done Kerry! 😁

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes N , she whooped me by 4 strokes.

Today is Jamestowne..some pretty cool history if you are into it. I even found my ex sister in laws old broom! Who da thunk?
20240625_100245.jpg
20240625_095640.jpg20240625_091442.jpg

20240625_102620_HDR.jpg
Couldn't find a good explanation as to why this tower was erected in '57 but the date held significance so here it is. An Osprey is at home up top.
Was going to exact revenge on the magella of minigolf...the Pirates Cove Mountain( every resort town has one). Anyway, huge mistake... Let's just forget that episode of embarrassment and future regret(hand on forehead). Lol20240625_111406_HDR.jpg
We had a blast in other words. She's a good winner.

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Jeff,

First of all ex-sister🤣🤣. Secondly the picture of armoury reminds me of when we visited a museum whilst on holiday in Majorca. Dad often wandered off to walk around places without us and he wandered into a torture chamber in this museum! Anyway a lot of public places have lights on timer in Majorca so the lights went out in the torture chamber just when dad was all alone 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I'll bet Dad was terrified! Great prank!

We are heading to Yorktown today but it's supposed to be somewhere around 250F out today so I am again thankful for the bikes! We didn't swim this morning, we took a walk instead, past the outdoor huge checkerboard where I very thoroughly vanquished Kerry on Monday before suffering 2 golf defeats.
Wonderwoman is ready so off we go....this is gonna be hot me thinks.
Lol

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon everyone!

I had some sad news this morning when an old family friend from Malaysia passed away from cancer. Her daughter and granddaughter had been caring for her and she slipped away with her family at her bedside.

Natrah 💔❤️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon everyone!

I had some sad news this morning when an old family friend from Malaysia passed away from cancer. Her daughter and granddaughter had been caring for her and she slipped away with her family at her bedside.

Natrah 💔❤️
It's good she got to have her family with her. What a wonderful loving family to just be there.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Sorry bout your friend N.

Was thinking about you when I saw these Harpsichords. This is the craftsman who built them: 20240627_125504.jpg
20240627_125611.jpg
The most interesting thing about this area of the country is that this(Jamestowne) is where it all began for us Americans and only a couple miles away at Yorktown, is where the Colonial rule portion of our history ends.
The Yorktown monument
20240626_101539.jpg

Ya'll know I love my toys....but in reality I like things that increase my quality of life. We all know the deal, we get older and physical things drain us more. My toys keep "life" accessible for a person who despite my fantasies, would find those things difficult. We toured the 4000 acre National Park getting much closer that those in their cars.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Was thinking about you when I saw these Harpsichords. This is the craftsman who built them: View attachment 372992
View attachment 372993
The most interesting thing about this area of the country is that this(Jamestowne) is where it all began for us Americans and only a couple miles away at Yorktown, is where the Colonial rule portion of our history ends.
The Yorktown monument
ne neView attachment 372934

Ya'll know I love my toys....but in reality I like things that increase my quality of life. We all know the deal, we get older and physical things drain us more. My toys keep "life" accessible for a person who despite my fantasies, would find those things difficult. We toured the 4000 acre National Park getting much closer that those in their cars.
Wow that's so amazing that there's harpsichord craftsmen in our country. I love to hear certain Bach songs played on one.😊 Unfortunately owning one is out of my league so I never really looked. Playing on one would be even be more amazing.

MaNaAk

Southend

Was thinking about you when I saw these Harpsichords. This is the craftsman who built them: View attachment 372992
View attachment 372993
The Yorktown monument
View attachment 372934

Wow! Another place I should go to if I visit the states!

Natrah