COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
FWIW: I saw Dr Chiro on Friday early morning for sciatica and my returning migraines. He worked on my lower back and flexors in my hip.
He is a SHAMAN! No pain Friday or Saturday at all and not until late yesterday, after I had emptied the tool shed to install some shelves.
Jeff did you ever figure out a good check valve for your lift station?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy father's day to all the fathers here in the cdr and TFO too. It's been a lovely day around here for celebrating it. I hope it's the same for all of you 🙏 🤗 🌈😘

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I bought the Zoller valve Ray...perfect and very quiet! & Happy Father's day!

20240608_150907.jpg

We went and got my Historic tag...fpund these guys in our travels yesterday
20240614_123456.jpg20240614_103530.jpg

We were going to go to Calvert Cliffs this morning but none of the kids could come so we took the ebikes to Tuckahoe park to do 10 miles of woods trails...i got quite a workout! Sore...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I bought the Zoller valve Ray...perfect and very quiet! & Happy Father's day!

View attachment 372282

We went and got my Historic tag...fpund these guys in our travels yesterday
View attachment 372283View attachment 372284

We were going to go to Calvert Cliffs this morning but none of the kids could come so we took the ebikes to Tuckahoe park to do 10 miles of woods trails...i got quite a workout! Sore...
Sounds like you had a nice Father's day.
Thanks for the info.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sapphire's outdoor enclosure was 115°f today. We're headed for a heat wave. But we got the best case scenario. We got a summer rain 🌧️ with thunder and wind. It promptly cooled to 71°f in a matter of minutes. I had him inside in his enclosure with the window open and he was totally enjoying the fresh air blowing through the house. He was totally at peace and let me pet him without hissing. It was nice.🐢🤗

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

I'm just letting you know that when my eldest nephew was in pre-school the teacher asked his class where tortoises come from? My nephew said:

"Grandad's house!"

He also called Jacky and Daisy "Torshees"!

Natrah

PS: I'm pleased that Sapphire is going outside now Cathie.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You're welcome Ray. Yes I had a day without getting twisted...that alone made it a good day. I've been a mess lately.

I'm having coffee at 545 waiting for the animals to wake. Big Matt has a dead minnow in his pool. Enrichment.. Lol

We have some really badazz birds here. The Pilaited woodpecker is a beast...i watched as he chases and harasses a murder of 8 -10 crows. BIG crows...didnt matter to him, he dominated them over and over. Then yesterday we were at the water and while Im off catching minnows for Matt like a 5 yr old, I hear the attack shriek of the mommy I sorry and look up. She is in a full on attack on a full grown beautiful Bald Eagle, easily twice her size....he beat a hasty retreat! Kerry actually caught it on film and we're trying to figure out how to get it off of her apple. Every time I download it through a cloud the resolution turns to crap.

Just heard the "Pope stack" ( vent thru roof...you can hear a toilet flush) so Kerry must be up...i set cushions out here for both of us.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You're welcome Ray. Yes I had a day without getting twisted...that alone made it a good day. I've been a mess lately.

I'm having coffee at 545 waiting for the animals to wake. Big Matt has a dead minnow in his pool. Enrichment.. Lol

We have some really badazz birds here. The Pilaited woodpecker is a beast...i watched as he chases and harasses a murder of 8 -10 crows. BIG crows...didnt matter to him, he dominated them over and over. Then yesterday we were at the water and while Im off catching minnows for Matt like a 5 yr old, I hear the attack shriek of the mommy I sorry and look up. She is in a full on attack on a full grown beautiful Bald Eagle, easily twice her size....he beat a hasty retreat! Kerry actually caught it on film and we're trying to figure out how to get it off of her apple. Every time I download it through a cloud the resolution turns to crap.

Just heard the "Pope stack" ( vent thru roof...you can hear a toilet flush) so Kerry must be up...i set cushions out here for both of us.
Who and what is Big Matt?
I got thinking I don't know what you keep as pets.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I braved the heat wave and got Sapphire outside today. In the meantime I had to fernangle a puppy from a bunny. I'm afraid Ms Razberri will bop Mr Fre on the nose while I'm playing hide and seek with Sapphire so he has to go in his kennel. He thinks I put him in puppy jail. 😜In reality I'm protecting him from having a scratched up Scarface nose because Mr Fre thinks he's super dog 🐕 and the bunny is top wabbit. He's the new guy and she rules the roost. Even the cat knows better than to tangle with a rabbit. It took a lot of seeking to find Sapphire today. I had to feel through every single plant 😞 I finally found him in a silly place again. Some days he comes out to greet me and makes it easy on me after I feel every single plant 🌵 🐢🐢 not today.😉

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
"Even the cat knows better than to tangle with a rabbit." If she shows him those 1" front teeth, he will catch on! Lol

Jacky getting into stuff....lol

Kerry is finishing the short-people portion of pressure washing the house today! I did the high work, that 22' entension wand waving up there....bleach falling from the sky. That girl is a beast...no wonder I'm sore all the time from trying to keep up!
We will both be blondes after our showers!

Beautiful day... Going to make some coffee and hop into the shower. We are getting offers on the home and declined 1 this morning. For #'s folks, we slammed it. Over 2500 views and over 220 saves, 40+ confirmed showings thru Weds.

Shower time

MaNaAk

Southend
"Even the cat knows better than to tangle with a rabbit." If she shows him those 1" front teeth, he will catch on! Lol

Kerry is finishing the short-people portion of pressure washing the house today! I did the high work, that 22' entension wand waving up there....bleach falling from the sky. That girl is a beast...no wonder I'm sore all the time from trying to keep up!

Beautiful day... Going to make some coffee and hop into the shower. We are getting offers on the home and declined 1 this morning. For #'s folks, we slammed it. Over 2500 views and over 220 saves, 40+ confirmed showings thru Weds.

Shower time
Dear Jeff,

I hope to get up to mischief if I reach Jacky's age (88). We've been hearing about your heatwave and I hope you all look after yourselves.

Natrah

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Shower time
I'm glad for you but eeeek. That's a lot of showings.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I'm glad for you but eeeek. That's a lot of showings.

We don't do the showings and we don't live there so it's no stress to us, we don't need to "leave". Getting each notification of another showing is like another dose of affirmation., a lottery ticket so to speak.....it's great! LOL Kerry just texted with the agent, more offers coming tomorrow but I really hate to have them show the house in 99F heat they expect later this week. Let's all remember that I put that system in a few weeks back.....LMO!!

Here's a drone shot they posted; It's kind of neat. My home is dead bottom just over on the right side from center. I can see the side of the garage & the windows.
Capture.JPG

N is going to get me into trouble with the Old Iron Lady Jacky!

It reached 96F here today....I put an AC unit in my shed.
20240618_115355.jpg

I began puttering out there early this morning and by 8AM I realized I needed an ac unit. It's on the far side in one of the windows The the metal roof was 131F but I had insulated the roof with 6" batt. It did ok inside and I'm happy even though I got taken off task when Kerry's project became mine & Kerry's...just how relationships work and the house looks great....and I'm not in the hospital.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It was pretty warm here, but the clouds were nice and kept it shady. The heat wave we're supposed to be having hasn't been hard to deal with here. It only got up to 100°f on the back deck and promptly cooled off to around 90°f in the sun. I'm blessed for now 🙏 🤗 that deck can cook you in the full sun. I've seen it 130°f on my WiFi thermometers and they think Ohio doesn't get hot 🔥 🔥 and scorching. Think again. So far so good 👍

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We don't do the showings and we don't live there so it's no stress to us, we don't need to "leave". Getting each notification of another showing is like another dose of affirmation., a lottery ticket so to speak.....it's great! LOL Kerry just texted with the agent, more offers coming tomorrow but I really hate to have them show the house in 99F heat they expect later this week. Let's all remember that I put that system in a few weeks back.....LMO!!

Here's a drone shot they posted; It's kind of neat. My home is dead bottom just over on the right side from center. I can see the side of the garage & the windows.
View attachment 372406

N is going to get me into trouble with the Old Iron Lady Jacky!

It reached 96F here today....I put an AC unit in my shed.
View attachment 372405

I began puttering out there early this morning and by 8AM I realized I needed an ac unit. It's on the far side in one of the windows The the metal roof was 131F but I had insulated the roof with 6" batt. It did ok inside and I'm happy even though I got taken off task when Kerry's project became mine & Kerry's...just how relationships work and the house looks great....and I'm not in the hospital.
That's good you don't have to show the house. I really like your garage though and I'm sure it's not done yet . You'll get there. Take your time so you can do it right 👍 and not be in a hospital for a so called Superman and Superwoman 😉😜 you'll have to get on Kerry for me and tell her to take it a bit easy too 😜

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Hot again today. I hope everyone is able to stay cool.

Kerry is setting up the timer for the hose to water her plants while we go away. We can't place them on the ground where that super cool sprinkler system would water then because the deer here would raid her. It just went off(testing) and I didn't have the valve open enough, it didn't reach the plants!

The house is coming to close soon. I will likely strive to make a deal tonight with one of the offers. We've received several and quite frankly, I need to be done with this. It's going to be blistering hot towards the weekend and the AC unit will struggle so I worry. We get feedback after each showing, no complaints on it being hot. Well two offers just got texted to me....both over asking price, 1 is a cash buyer, no inspections outside septic/well/termite. Well, THAT makes it an easy decision. Sweet. I will sign that.

Honestly, I never doubted it would sell fast but getting to this point has taken a real toll on me. I hardly sleep and I have lost 16 pounds without needing to or trying. My hands hurt so bad that I commented to Kerry wondering when pockets, belts, shoelace tying and refrigerators all became child-proof. I even gave up on certain proclivities because Kerry has to open the edibles and it's embarrassing. I appreciate the kind words Ms Cathie but it's bad enough that I actually agreed to go to a Dr today for a nagging morning cough but I was honest on the depression/anxiety sheet they all give out now. My scores were 0/21....no depression, highest score possible for anxiety.....I wouldn't have been if murder were legal....lol Everything and everyone pizzs me off these days. We chatted with the Dr and, he assured Kerry that while a half-bubble out, I will likely survive this emotionally intact. In turn, I told him Kerry was trafficking me....making me work. "Help me"

He saw the dynamics with that cute girl that hangs out with me.....he said I'll be ok.

Speaking of said cute girl....
Kerry surprised me last week by booking a trip to Williamsburg Va for a week so we will leave Sat. for NY for a day for a comedy show than to Williamsburg Va for a few days. Kerry has never been to Jamestown and we both like Colonial Williamsburg. I'm taking my Subnado's for the pool!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Matilda, the box turtle had a sex change and is now Big Matt
LOL....Yes Ray, Matt made it VERY clear to me that not only is he a male, he could be a Kushner. I'm quite proud of him!

I'm teasing...but yes he flashed me.....had turtles my entire life and never saw one before...scared the heck out of me! All I could think of was....ALIEN

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hot again today. I hope everyone is able to stay cool.

Kerry is setting up the timer for the hose to water her plants while we go away. We can't place them on the ground where that super cool sprinkler system would water then because the deer here would raid her. It just went off(testing) and I didn't have the valve open enough, it didn't reach the plants!

The house is coming to close soon. I will likely strive to make a deal tonight with one of the offers. We've received several and quite frankly, I need to be done with this. It's going to be blistering hot towards the weekend and the AC unit will struggle so I worry. We get feedback after each showing, no complaints on it being hot. Well two offers just got texted to me....both over asking price, 1 is a cash buyer, no inspections outside septic/well/termite. Well, THAT makes it an easy decision. Sweet. I will sign that.

Honestly, I never doubted it would sell fast but getting to this point has taken a real toll on me. I hardly sleep and I have lost 16 pounds without needing to or trying. My hands hurt so bad that I commented to Kerry wondering when pockets, belts, shoelace tying and refrigerators all became child-proof. I even gave up on certain proclivities because Kerry has to open the edibles and it's embarrassing. I appreciate the kind words Ms Cathie but it's bad enough that I actually agreed to go to a Dr today for a nagging morning cough but I was honest on the depression/anxiety sheet they all give out now. My scores were 0/21....no depression, highest score possible for anxiety.....I wouldn't have been if murder were legal....lol Everything and everyone pizzs me off these days. We chatted with the Dr and, he assured Kerry that while a half-bubble out, I will likely survive this emotionally intact. In turn, I told him Kerry was trafficking me....making me work. "Help me"

He saw the dynamics with that cute girl that hangs out with me.....he said I'll be ok.

Speaking of said cute girl....
Kerry surprised me last week by booking a trip to Williamsburg Va for a week so we will leave Sat. for NY for a day for a comedy show than to Williamsburg Va for a few days. Kerry has never been to Jamestown and we both like Colonial Williamsburg. I'm taking my Subnado's for the pool!
Sounds like youall will be cool 💨