COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I took a few pics at breakfast time because we had cloud cover.

Here’s my first RF Dusty I got as a hatchling from and old member who was a breeder about 6 yrs ago.
IMG_1239.jpg

2nd RF Roxy I rescued from Petco! I watched him there for months eating fruit pebbles and badly pyramided.
IMG_1247.jpg

3rd Sulcata Jackson I got as a small little guy. He is a good boy who is 40lbs now.
IMG_1228.jpg
IMG_1235.jpg

4th Desert tort Willow found next to our pool while bbqing. She was a tiny hatchling who I thought was a Sulcata until I picked her up. I found out 1yr later that our senior neighbors down the street have a pair of adults. So she either wondered off to our yard which is possible because I have found 2 other hatchlings in our road. One was squished and I buried it and the other my son found with his friend and we gave it back. We all live on 2 acre lots so it’s a long walk. Or a bird dropped her as a gift.
IMG_1243.jpg

5th Desert tort Buddy who I just got from my sister last month. He is so sweet. It drives me crazy not knowing how old he is.
IMG_1223.jpg
IMG_1219.jpg

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good evening all. Sorry I haven't been able to give the CDR my full attention in the last couple of weeks. I am not sure much will change for the next couple, but I am trying to keep up.

Firstly, congratulations to South Africa's Kevin Anderson who is through to the final of Wimbledon after a marathon 5 setter that went to 26-24 in the fifth...and yes I did watch it; I now have the other semi on tv. A local hero for Carol ;)

In between tennis we are trying to find accomodation for Son who starts his permanent post grad job at the end of this month. I was supposed to take him to the location this afternoon but the motorways were so completely stuffed that I took him to the train station instead and he went flat hunting alone.

I also have paperwork for yet another school governor meeting on Monday to complete... And for a pupil disciplinary on Thursday that requires working with a translator because the parents first language is not English and the teenage student concerned has been taking advantage of this. (I actually think the student may realise that everyone, including their parents, are on to them now!)

Tomorrow, JoesDad and I are going to see the England v India cricket one day international. After a few days relief, it has turned hot again here. My sister and Mum who live much further north have finally had rain today; I am jealous!

Have the tempers over at your other forum cooled off as well?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I took a few pics at breakfast time because we had cloud cover.

Here’s my first RF Dusty I got as a hatchling from and old member who was a breeder about 6 yrs ago.
View attachment 245407

2nd RF Roxy I rescued from Petco! I watched him there for months eating fruit pebbles and badly pyramided.
View attachment 245408

3rd Sulcata Jackson I got as a small little guy. He is a good boy who is 40lbs now.
View attachment 245410
View attachment 245411

4th Desert tort Willow found next to our pool while bbqing. She was a tiny hatchling who I thought was a Sulcata until I picked her up. I found out 1yr later that our senior neighbors down the street have a pair of adults. So she either wondered off to our yard which is possible because I have found 2 other hatchlings in our road. One was squished and I buried it and the other my son found with his friend and we gave it back. We all live on 2 acre lots so it’s a long walk. Or a bird dropped her as a gift.
View attachment 245409

5th Desert tort Buddy who I just got from my sister last month. He is so sweet. It drives me crazy not knowing how old he is.
View attachment 245412
View attachment 245413
What gorgeous torts you have there. You can see that they have been taken care of really well.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
How was your Dad today?
He's not doing to great. He had another stroke while in the hospital a few days ago. He's pretty much bed bound now. Physical therapy has to get him up to walk and even with help he can only manage a few steps. We are trying to get him placed in a good rehab but since he's thru the Veterans Association there's limited options. We're hoping he can walk and be somewhat mobile on his own again after some rehab. Most likely not going to be able to live by himself again. Me and my brother have been super busy trying to take care of things.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
He's not doing to great. He had another stroke while in the hospital a few days ago. He's pretty much bed bound now. Physical therapy has to get him up to walk and even with help he can only manage a few steps. We are trying to get him placed in a good rehab but since he's thru the Veterans Association there's limited options. We're hoping he can walk and be somewhat mobile on his own again after some rehab. Most likely not going to be able to live by himself again. Me and my brother have been super busy trying to take care of things.
Oh shame. That is not good news. But by the sounds of it he is in good hands and you and your brother are doing everything that you can. I am holding thumbs that everything works out like you want it to and it gets better for you all.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Oh no. I know it’s stressful taking care of parents. Your dad is lucky to have you and your brother.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
My weekend is almost done so sad[emoji24][emoji24]. But before i go here are some post cards. I also wanted to take a pic of the seagulls but they wouldn't stay still. There was also a small bird with blue and orange that I wanted to take a pic of but that one also flew away before I could take a pic[emoji21].
The 2nd pic is through the window of the lighthouse.
Some pics of the beach by woodbridge Island. And of the mountain by Claremont.
Rue climbing into the water bowl while enjoying outside time.
One of Kang going in for a bite.
One of Clark playing hide and seekView attachment 245184View attachment 245185View attachment 245186View attachment 245187View attachment 245188View attachment 245189View attachment 245190View attachment 245191View attachment 245195View attachment 245196View attachment 245197

No. 2 is very interesting. No. 3 is gorgeous. The last one is hilarious! [emoji23]