COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Your Torts look very very very happy. I don't know what is normal for a Sulcata so can't help you there. However they do say that each tort grows at their own pace and as long as they are growing and healthy they are doing well and you shouldn't worry.
Thank you Carol. What makes a tort happy ? Sunshine, warm weather, space to roam and a lot to eat ....:D

Bee62

Germany
Dang, it's Friday! That means I have to get my act together and go out to run errands. Leaving my property is NOT my favorite thing to do. I get more agoraphobic as the weeks go by. And to add to the anxiety, my driver's license expired on my birthday a couple weeks ago and my appointment to take the test to have it renewed isn't until August 1st.
How often is a driver license checked and at which age ? In Germany we haven`t such a check. My father is 90 years old and still driving his car. It is not right because he has issues with his eyes. I think he would loose his license when there would be a check on his health.:(

Bee62

Germany
o-O, That is not good re your drivers licence. Do you have to do the driving test again when you renew it? We just have to apply for a new card. And I don't blame you on wanting to stay home. I am the same. More and more I am happier staying at home and potting around, looking after my torts etc. I don't like having to go out.
My home is my castle ! I love to be home with my animals. Only leaving home for lettuce run and urgent other things, like feeding stray cats in town. That is my newest thing I do.:)
I can understand you both very well. :)

Bee62

Germany
Good afternoon all.

It rained! Well just about. A little is better than none. We have had a light shower.

And afternoon tea, catered by our year 10 (15 year old) GCSE food and catering students was delicious. I particularly recommend the lemon meringue pie. Help yourselves!
View attachment 245619

I am just waiting for daughter to arrive so we can go to the cinema
Little rain is better than no rain.
The food looks very yummy. Thank you.:)and have fun at the cinema.

Bee62

Germany
Happy Friday All.

Got a text last night from two friends who wanted to out on an early morning paddle today. Weather forecast for clear blue sunny skies, cool morning temps, sun all day.

We hit the water at 0630 to peace and quiet...

At the Launch

View attachment 245629

On the River

View attachment 245630

A Few Great Blue Herons - Should be Four

View attachment 245631
You should think of making your pics public ( not only in the CDR ). They are so beautiful like postcards you can buy and the colors are so natural and clear. You are having a great hobby ( kayaking ).

I am envious looking at the calm, cold water on your pics. I want to swim...:(

Bee62

Germany

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
SEEE!! I’m still trying to engineer the perfect fencing scenario in my head before I present this idea to hubby

And since Texas DOES get cold in the winter, you’ll need a covered, waterproofed, heated winter enclosure where they can move around because they DON’T hibernate/brumate.@EllieMay

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How often is a driver license checked and at which age ? In Germany we haven`t such a check. My father is 90 years old and still driving his car. It is not right because he has issues with his eyes. I think he would loose his license when there would be a check on his health.:(
The only time the license gets checked is if you get stopped for some kind of traffic violation. But it comes up for renewal about every 4 years.