COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
No, just the written test. They have sample tests online and I've been taking them. I should be ok. In years past I didn't have to take any tests, they just automatically renewed the license, but now that I'm up in age I guess they want to actually see me to make sure I'm not a threat on the road.
Oh okay. I didn't know that. I wonder if they do that here as well. I suppose I will have to wait and see then.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good afternoon all.

It rained! Well just about. A little is better than none. We have had a light shower.

And afternoon tea, catered by our year 10 (15 year old) GCSE food and catering students was delicious. I particularly recommend the lemon meringue pie. Help yourselves!
View attachment 245619

I am just waiting for daughter to arrive so we can go to the cinema

The catering looks wonderful!!
You have been so busy!!

We have drama with my daughter ‘s soccer coach.
I guess he has been yelling and talking down to the girls on the side lines and made a few cry after our tournament last weekend. We can’t hear what he says but the girls told us and the other teams coach heard him really putting down our girls. He is the one who called our league to report him.

Last night we had a Parent meeting with our director and he has had difficulties with this coach on the administrative side. We told him some of the things he said and the director was having a meeting with the board to decide if he will lose his job.
We as parents really like him but there does seem to be a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on because as we walk up after the games he is congratulating all the girls and telling us how proud he is but then a bunch of them are sad or crying.
As an example he said “you are a bunch of loser, now go get your 2nd place medals.” These are 11 & 12yr old girls.

We will find out today the outcome.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon all.

It rained! Well just about. A little is better than none. We have had a light shower.

And afternoon tea, catered by our year 10 (15 year old) GCSE food and catering students was delicious. I particularly recommend the lemon meringue pie. Help yourselves!
View attachment 245619

Now I am hungry, particularly for lemon meringue pie. Thank you Linda, it was deeeelicious.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
You have been so busy!!

I guess he has been yelling and talking down to the girls on the side lines and made a few cry after our tournament last weekend. We can’t hear what he says but the girls told us and the other teams coach heard him really putting down our girls. He is the one who called our league to report him.

Last night we had a Parent meeting with our director and he has had difficulties with this coach on the administrative side. We told him some of the things he said and the director was having a meeting with the board to decide if he will lose his job.
We as parents really like him but there does seem to be a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on because as we walk up after the games he is congratulating all the girls and telling us how proud he is but then a bunch of them are sad or crying.
As an example he said “you are a bunch of loser, now go get your 2nd place medals.” These are 11 & 12yr old girls.

Oh dear. That is not good at all. And he is a coward if he talks like that to his team but changes it as soon as there are parents around. Sounds like he know that what he is doing is wrong, otherwise he would talk exactly the same way in front of the parents as well.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Still warm weather in Germany and no rain. I can`t remember a spring and summer like this one.
This is a "tortoise summer". Every day tortoise outdoor weather. My torts are happy collecting the natural sunrays. Mor UVB, more calcium, more D3 more growth !:eek::eek::eek:
I must weight them once again. I think my biggest one is over 6 KG ( 13,2 lbs ) at an age of 2 years. Is that normal ?????? HELP ! View attachment 245617

I didn’t know you had a herd!!
They look very nice and happy!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Oh dear. That is not good at all. And he is a coward if he talks like that to his team but changes it as soon as there are parents around. Sounds like he know that what he is doing is wrong, otherwise he would talk exactly the same way in front of the parents as well.

I think you’re right! He kept asking the girls if they thought he was “stupid” over and over. Like they didn’t think he was coaching well.
I’m on pins & needles waiting to see what happens.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Friday All.

Got a text last night from two friends who wanted to out on an early morning paddle today. Weather forecast for clear blue sunny skies, cool morning temps, sun all day.

We hit the water at 0630 to peace and quiet...

At the Launch

26D772CC-DBAB-4158-AA16-C2336C8AAE04.jpeg

On the River

A4279F57-FA01-4839-A228-E58033AEF791.jpeg

A Few Great Blue Herons - Should be Four

D2C9954C-C228-445A-9C9B-9E6B1DBD3657.jpeg

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good afternoon all.

View attachment 245619

YUM!!!! Thanks SO much!!! [emoji2]

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
You have been so busy!!

OHMYGOD!!!!
There is NO EXCUSE for that!!![emoji34]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You have been so busy!!

Oh dear. I am afraid we have experience of coaches like this. They let their competitiveness get the better of them :(

It must have been bad for another team to intervene. I hope for the girls sake that he is removed. It is a game and experiences like that can scar them long term. There is not place for behaviiur like that especially with children

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all.

Son has gone to meet his friends; we will see him on Monday. Daughter got home in time for us to get to the cinema

I can recommend Mamma Mia: Here we go again. We really enjoyed it. Look out for the cameo performances!

We got home about an hour before JoesDad arrived back from India. Given that he got up at 3am UK time this morning, he is quite tired and simply ate and then went straight to bed!

I shall be turning in shortly, so not see you all tomorrow

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening all.

Son has gone to meet his friends; we will see him on Monday. Daughter got home in time for us to get to the cinema

I can recommend Mamma Mia: Here we go again. We really enjoyed it. Look out for the cameo performances!

We got home about an hour before JoesDad arrived back from India. Given that he got up at 3am UK time this morning, he is quite tired and simply ate and then went straight to bed!

Good night. And enjoy Joesdad being home.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good evening all.

Glad he’s home safe!!