COLD DARK ROOM

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Hi everyone! Have been super busy the last few days with the vegetable garden.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Was going to post some pics on Clunker's thread again but my phone doesn't want to cooperate. I'll restart it and see if that works, otherwise it will have to wait until I get brave enough to plug in my computer... I have to keep it unplugged because it has a gremlin living in it.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all!

One of “those days” today.

JoesDad is about to fly home from India and should be back this evening.

Son and I have been organising his things into piles.
• He heads to Gloucester to see friends this afternoon so needs a bag for that.
• He is going from there to meet us in Bristol for his graduation - separate bag that we will take in the car.
• And then, the day after graduation, I take him to Hertfordshire where he starts his new post-graduate working life the following week. The remainder of his world needs packing for that!

Daughter arrives home this afternoon as she is out doing voluntary dormouse research this weekend.

And me? I have end of term afternoon tea at my governor school today :) And then Daughter and I are going to the cinema to see Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again. (She’s addicted to the first Mamma Mia film)

I am just going to count heads at mealtimes ... working out in advance exactly who is eating is complicated!

Bee62

Germany
for @Yvonne G
Found your avatar tortoise thinking of a heart.

21114205-retro-cartoon-with-texture-isolated-on-white-.jpg

Bee62

Germany
Still warm weather in Germany and no rain. I can`t remember a spring and summer like this one.
This is a "tortoise summer". Every day tortoise outdoor weather. My torts are happy collecting the natural sunrays. Mor UVB, more calcium, more D3 more growth !:eek::eek::eek:
I must weight them once again. I think my biggest one is over 6 KG ( 13,2 lbs ) at an age of 2 years. Is that normal ?????? HELP ! DSCN3412.JPG

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hi everyone! Have been super busy the last few days with the vegetable garden.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Was going to post some pics on Clunker's thread again but my phone doesn't want to cooperate. I'll restart it and see if that works, otherwise it will have to wait until I get brave enough to plug in my computer... I have to keep it unplugged because it has a gremlin living in it.
Whatever you do, don't feed it after midnight and don't throw water on it!!!:eek:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all!

• He is going from there to meet us in Bristol for his graduation - separate bag that we will take in the car.
• And then, the day after graduation, I take him to Hertfordshire where he starts his new post-graduate working life the following week. The remainder of his world needs packing for that!

Daughter arrives home this afternoon as she is out doing voluntary dormouse research this weekend.

And me? I have end of term afternoon tea at my governor school today :) And then Daughter and I are going to the cinema to see Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again. (She’s addicted to the first Mamma Mia film)

I am just going to count heads at mealtimes ... working out in advance exactly who is eating is complicated!
Sjoe, that does sound complicated. Good luck

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Still warm weather in Germany and no rain. I can`t remember a spring and summer like this one.
This is a "tortoise summer". Every day tortoise outdoor weather. My torts are happy collecting the natural sunrays. Mor UVB, more calcium, more D3 more growth !:eek::eek::eek:
I must weight them once again. I think my biggest one is over 6 KG ( 13,2 lbs ) at an age of 2 years. Is that normal ?????? HELP ! View attachment 245617
Your Torts look very very very happy. I don't know what is normal for a Sulcata so can't help you there. However they do say that each tort grows at their own pace and as long as they are growing and healthy they are doing well and you shouldn't worry.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good morning all!

Good Lord!!!!!! I don't know how you manage all that!!!!!!! :)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yayyyy, it is FRIDAY. Yip I said FRIDAY. Do I need to tell you it is FRIDAY!!!! ;) I love my weekends, just such a pity that they are so short. I have spent the better part of my time on TFO today reading the earlier posts on the CDR. They were quite funny. Glad to see that some of you have been here more or less from the beginning. Sorry that some don't pop in anymore as they had quite the sense of humour. I MISS ADAM!!!:(:( ADDDDDAAAMMMM come back...... Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese!!!!! Hopefully that should bring him back. Without him there is a dismal shortage of points.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yayyyy, it is FRIDAY. Yip I said FRIDAY. Do I need to tell you it is FRIDAY!!!! ;) I love my weekends, just such a pity that they are so short. I have spent the better part of my time on TFO today reading the earlier posts on the CDR. They were quite funny. Glad to see that some of you have been here more or less from the beginning. Sorry that some don't pop in anymore as they had quite the sense of humour. I MISS ADAM!!!:(:( ADDDDDAAAMMMM come back...... Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese!!!!! Hopefully that should bring him back. Without him there is a dismal shortage of points.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Dang, it's Friday! That means I have to get my act together and go out to run errands. Leaving my property is NOT my favorite thing to do. I get more agoraphobic as the weeks go by. And to add to the anxiety, my driver's license expired on my birthday a couple weeks ago and my appointment to take the test to have it renewed isn't until August 1st.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Dang, it's Friday! That means I have to get my act together and go out to run errands. Leaving my property is NOT my favorite thing to do. I get more agoraphobic as the weeks go by. And to add to the anxiety, my driver's license expired on my birthday a couple weeks ago and my appointment to take the test to have it renewed isn't until August 1st.
o-O, That is not good re your drivers licence. Do you have to do the driving test again when you renew it? We just have to apply for a new card. And I don't blame you on wanting to stay home. I am the same. More and more I am happier staying at home and potting around, looking after my torts etc. I don't like having to go out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
o-O, That is not good re your drivers licence. Do you have to do the driving test again when you renew it? We just have to apply for a new card. And I don't blame you on wanting to stay home. I am the same. More and more I am happier staying at home and potting around, looking after my torts etc. I don't like having to go out.
No, just the written test. They have sample tests online and I've been taking them. I should be ok. In years past I didn't have to take any tests, they just automatically renewed the license, but now that I'm up in age I guess they want to actually see me to make sure I'm not a threat on the road.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternoon all.

It rained! Well just about. A little is better than none. We have had a light shower.

And afternoon tea, catered by our year 10 (15 year old) GCSE food and catering students was delicious. I particularly recommend the lemon meringue pie. Help yourselves!
IMG_8034.jpg

I am just waiting for daughter to arrive so we can go to the cinema