COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Time for me to say goodnight friends or I'll never get up for work in the morning.
Enjoy the rest of your evening and Nos Da!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
To be prepared is always a good thing. Your kitties sound like real characters.
They really are! We have enough characters around here for our own sitcom... or drama... :)

I've been around many cats through the years, including groups of cats, and the scary thing is... Hands down, I have never known such a smart group of cats. Every single one of them is... absolutely brilliant. They all manifest it differently, but every single one of them is WAY too smart for their own good.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
And I don’t know if cats think of themselves as tortoises or tortoises think of themselves as cats? View attachment 252477
Perhaps cats and tortoises have a secret understanding. They share the market on being seemingly aloof (unless you come bearing edible gifts) and individuals take quite a while to get to know well.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
No gift shop......it's only a small museum full of local social history.
When I lived in England, there was one gift shop that irked me to no end... I think it was the cathedral in Chester. Among other things, it carried mood rings, New Age books, and tarot cards.

I get the feeling that congregation doesn't hear the part about the merchants getting thrown out of the temple all that often.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Our new tractor came today!!! I’m so excited.... we have a REALLY old one that I my husband refused to replace. I asked him why one time and he said “because it’s the only thing here that I know you can’t mess with” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

View attachment 252491

So jealous!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. Another chilly night with a slight frost and another forecast High in the low 20s C :)

I am heading south to Cranbrook shortly for a full day of meetings about public exam data for the schools in our Trust.

There’s not much mobile signal in rural Kent, so I won’t be around much again, sorry.

Bee62

Germany

Bee62

Germany
I keep telling people on a desert tort group on Facebook about this topic and it’s so frustrating when I’m helping someone new who is asking how to keep there’s safe from dogs and others chime in “my dogs don’t bother my tort!” “They get along great in the yard!”
Until that one day 5 yrs later your crying because your dog attacked your tort!! I’m done!! I’m not chiming in anymore.
That`s why I hate FB groups. There are always people who knows all better....:mad::mad::mad:

Bee62

Germany
Crap. Catching up here in TCD room. I had zero idea that Adam was mia. Concerning dogs and Chelonia, I’m with Tom here … they don’t mix ever…period. My Ava View attachment 252473 ignores them and doesn’t see them at all. The only one she noticed was this Northern Painted Turtle View attachment 252475View attachment 252476 https://www.fws.gov/refuge/julia_butler_hansen/wildlife_and_habitat/western_painted_turtle.html
Concerning where are all the female sulcata, I had that large, breeding size female but my ex wife farmed her out while I was in recovery with my broken neck wreck injuries. Last I knew, Makita my tortoise was at the tortoise rescue in Washington state. She allows zero visits and never returned my text mess, phone mess, or email.
And I don’t know if cats think of themselves as tortoises or tortoises think of themselves as cats? View attachment 252477
Wow, the painted turtle looks beautiful.:)
Shame that you had not been allowed to visit Makita and shame for your wife. I can`t understand her behavior to sell your animals.:(

Bee62

Germany
Our new tractor came today!!! I’m so excited.... we have a REALLY old one that I my husband refused to replace. I asked him why one time and he said “because it’s the only thing here that I know you can’t mess with” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

View attachment 252491
Wow, congrats for the new tractor. John Deere is a very good brand.:)

Bee62

Germany
Hey friends how's everyone? Just got home from a 11 hour day and my butt is wooped! I have to tell myself daily, only about 28 more years till retirement! Everyday I get home Murphy reminds me I finished my breakfast now it's snack time Hooooman!
View attachment 252497
"Bad" tort daddy Todd.:D Leaving Murphy with an empty food dish.:D:D
Shame for the 28 years until retirement ..:(

Bee62

Germany
I never started counting the years until I was almost there - 5 years to go. . . 3 years to go. . . and then, lo and behold, the company needed to get rid of employees so they made us an offer, so many years added onto our years of service and so much money to get out of Dodge. So I retired with 30 years, but really only 28 years of actual service. I spent a few years as a lady of leisure, then they called and asked if I'd come back and do my same job only as an employee of a contracting firm. More money because they don't pay insurance, etc. So I contracted for a few years. That was GOOD money!!! Then I retired again and now I really am a lady of leisure. I wouldn't go back for any amount of money.
You have done it right. ;)