COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Hi, Roomies!
Although I’m not on the forum MUCH, I’m not TOTALLY gone.[emoji6]
Elsa and I are both excited about helping with the TORTOISE drawing!
AND we’re participating in the card exchange. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Hey Bea! Glad to know your still lurking about:) I’m excited about whatever is fixing to happen just because it’s new & different...Stay peaceful!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Adam is simply taking time off with wife and tortoise. All is well with them. Regarding the sketching of tortoises, here is a sketch I find to be wonderfully done …View attachment 253023 the woman who drew this has the username of…all I’ve got is her email address and I hold those in close.
I contacted her and she drew this of my tortoise “Little Ricky”. She used ink which is unforgiving if y’all make a mistake. View attachment 253024

I can’t believe that that is a sketch!! Wow!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
After entertainment for the eyes from Mark, from me a little enterteinment for the ears: :D
Lionel Ritchie, "Hello"
That was wonderful Sabine. Such a poignant song and beautifully sung as ever! My favourite so far. I am feeling all warm and snuggly now :) [emoji177]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening all

The concert was WONDERFUL!
View attachment 252881

As we arrived at the Barbican a car was delivering dozens of pizzas... it looked like one each for the Orchestra for dinner [emoji23]

Brian Cox, who’s a particle physicist rather than the astro physicist I said earlier, gave a really interesting piece on each of the planets before the orchestra played the appropriate movement (stop sniggering if you’re thinking of Uranus [emoji849]) While the music was being played, images of the planets were screened on the backdrop. It was brilliant. There were lots of children in the audience, probably lured by the professor rather than the music.

Ecologist Daughter has been out doing voluntary work with dormice again today. As you know they aren’t actually mice, but they are very cute. This nestbox contained three babies :)
View attachment 252882
Those babies are so cute. And the Orchestra looks awesome and something i would love watching.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Evening all. The SUN has been out all day long, beautiful blue skies, never hot, no humidity. No r a i n. Yes, was out kayaking since 1000 this morning with another big trip scheduled for tomorrow.

Here’s one pix of the scenic area we were paddling along the Gunpowder Falls River, just outside of Baltimore MD.

View attachment 252892

Here you can see the gaggle of paddlers we had along today..

View attachment 252893
Looks like it was fun.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Sunday Morning to all

Rest, relax, chill out, garden, sing, sight see, farm, ride horses, swim, go to yoga, paint, or whatever makes you happy..!

I’m off today on about a 13-15nm paddle. Pix below.. we start off with 2.5 mile open water crossing then circumnavigate the Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuge. Then another 2.5 crossing back to our cars.... yeah,

Ciao!

View attachment 252967
Was it good.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh dear - he really is upset with us!:(
I wish I knew what we'd done to offend him.
If it is me I'd like to know so that I can apologise - I would never deliberately upset anyone.
I don't think it was you. I think there are other things going on. He will come back when he wants to.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning Heather, it's quite a chilly drizzly day here at the moment - hopefully it will brighten up later.
Hope you and your family have a lovely Sunday!

(think the enclosure is Carol's torts - but you're right.........it is colourful and pretty)
Thank you ladies. My torts are totally enjoying it and the sun. Although today is overcast.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Adam is simply taking time off with wife and tortoise. All is well with them. Regarding the sketching of tortoises, here is a sketch I find to be wonderfully done …View attachment 253023 the woman who drew this has the username of…all I’ve got is her email address and I hold those in close.
I contacted her and she drew this of my tortoise “Little Ricky”. She used ink which is unforgiving if y’all make a mistake. View attachment 253024
She is very talented. love those pictures.