COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I secretly lurk here sometimes... sorry, I am not so good with social things.

But I am glad I did, cause now I know Sabine is not doing so well and JoesMum is flying to America. I see Adam from time to time around. Hope everyone is well!! Or a least stays strong... And I wish JoesMum could bring back some Tortoises from Tom. Lol

I am no good in participating. For which I apologize...

But, I also wanted to tell you that I got gifted a little Horsfield Tortoise by my husband. Cause my Tortoises keep me going with what is going on in our life.
Life isn't always pretty, but our Tortoises are, lol!!!

@Bee62 thinking of you... lots of love
Lurk lurk!
Lurking's cool.
Just lurk in a corner and come out occasionally to pinch a coffee (or something stronger))
Welcome to the Cold Dark Room.
Today is murder a Leprechaun One-Legged Pirate Substitute Day. :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Welcome to the Cold Dark Rooms, I cannot remember if we have introduced you to the way we do things and or greet all new comers, so bare with me if we already have.

Pull up an armadillo and I am sure that Montgomery will be around with a beverage of your choice unless you need the hard stuff, in which case you will need to look for the one legged pirate and see what he has available for you. It is quite dark in here so if you need a little light then please poke a jellyfish and they will light your way for a short while. Be careful of the penguins Willy and Silly they are Sabine's pets and she is rather protective over them. Also watch where you step, as I believe it can be very painful if you step on one of the hedgehogs in these rooms. There are lots of woolen accessories and or garments in corner 7 (I think Linda - JoesMum said) which apparently have been knitted by the Woolen Spider - if she exists - they might come in handy when it gets very cold in here depending on which corner you are visiting. If you visit my corner - more to the south - then it will be warmer than it is in the northern corners etc.

If your carrots start to go missing in your corner that would be the snow leopard, as that is what she likes to eat. If you see a Meerkat then please do let the rest of us know as they are the bane of our lives here in the CDR. They really like to mess around with the smooth running of the CDR and cause no end of problems when they decide that they want to liven things up a bit.

We talk torts, lizards, grass, weather, nonsense, books, dinosaurs, fossils, you name it we talk it in here. We are a bunch of fun, pun loving people from all sorts of corners of the world. And I know that we have met before outside of the CDR rooms, but I am going to say it anyway, I am Carol from Cape Town South Africa.
Splendid!
10 out of 10, Carol from Cape Town, South Africa. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I secretly lurk here sometimes... sorry, I am not so good with social things.

But I am glad I did, cause now I know Sabine is not doing so well and JoesMum is flying to America. I see Adam from time to time around. Hope everyone is well!! Or a least stays strong... And I wish JoesMum could bring back some Tortoises from Tom. Lol

I am no good in participating. For which I apologize...

But, I also wanted to tell you that I got gifted a little Horsfield Tortoise by my husband. Cause my Tortoises keep me going with what is going on in our life.
Life isn't always pretty, but our Tortoises are, lol!!!

@Bee62 thinking of you... lots of love
And congratulations on your new little one! :):<3::tort:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Dear Adam, I am glad that you finally got the parcel. I hope so much that you and wifey like the things. It was a great pleasure for me to send you all these things.
Btw.: Take a look into your Christmas Card please. There is another little surprise.:)
Yup, yup, yup!
But you still haven't told me that you are okay!
I'm worried. :):(
Nice to see you on here, though:):<3:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello my friends. I am alive !:D
The leg is still hurting and I can`t work but I am doing better.
I am missing you all. I will try to use my laptop to pop in here. Sitting on a chair in front of my PC hurts too much in my leg.
:(
Sorry, Bee!
But I am delighted that you are still alive. :D:<3:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Unfortunately, I have not found them. Such a business ( a bookshop/library ) does not make the money it used to. Plus, don't forget: rental of the place, employees, power bill, tax.... Know what I mean?

I could order books from abroad, yes. But to be honest to you, I cannot afford that, as, once one reads a book, puts it on the shelf till further notice. I.E: I don't think many people would read the same book twice. Right?
I have read "Fox In Socks" by Dr Seuss 163,827 times.
Hi, Gillian! :)
Hi, Oli! :tort:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes, it has knocked me out you can say.
But I have another bad new: This evening I had the VET here at home to euthanize my little baby "Monty". He is a cat and I have raised him with my own hands 13 years ago. But now he was too sick. I had to let him go. It was peaceful, calm and easy for him but I am devasteted. I am very, very sad. He was always special to me because he still behaves like a cat baby when he was adult. Now he is lying next to me on the sofa and tomorrow I must burry him. I am sad but glad it is over. He isn`t suffering any longer. Now I am the one who suffers because he is dead.
Very sorry to hear this, Sabine.
Oh dear, life's being e bit naughty to you at the moment isn't it?
Monty had a good life and was well loved. You know that.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Wow! Y’all have been really busy!
It took me longer this afternoon to catch up than it has in a while..
Sabine, it is SO good to hear from you. We were all really getting worried and I’m so sorry that you are having such a hard time. You take good care of your leg and try to focus on your happy memories of Monty.
Debora, Welcome! Carol introduces way better than I ever could but your tortoise and hedgehogs are adorable!
Lena, your a riot as always.. keep the funnies coming!!
Linda- don’t get too much jet lag and enjoy your travels. Be safe.
Gillian, did I miss seeing what kind of books you like? And how is the war going or not going:))
Yvonne, good luck with the stray.. He is pretty handsome.
And Hey Kathy, Hey Carol, Hey Mark!
Adam, I hope that whatever is outside the “mostly” in doing good works itself out quickly!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yes, it has knocked me out you can say.
But I have another bad new: This evening I had the VET here at home to euthanize my little baby "Monty". He is a cat and I have raised him with my own hands 13 years ago. But now he was too sick. I had to let him go. It was peaceful, calm and easy for him but I am devasteted. I am very, very sad. He was always special to me because he still behaves like a cat baby when he was adult. Now he is lying next to me on the sofa and tomorrow I must burry him. I am sad but glad it is over. He isn`t suffering any longer. Now I am the one who suffers because he is dead.

To be knocked out is something different- that’s to be rendered unconscious!

Knocked back is when something makes you unwell :)

So sorry to hear about your poor cat. So sad :(