COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
I went to the post office and the guy sent me home to use a different box to save money. Hmmm, now to find something smaller.
I was going to use a flat rate box.
I did get stamps for my cards that I haven’t signed yet.

Ran errands too!
It’s super windy today!! I’ve cleaned the pool twice already!!
"Post office" sounds very nostalgic to my ears now. (We have a kiosk at a supermarket that accepts mail, but they wouldn't have a clue about rates, sizes, timings...:rolleyes:)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
It's interesting how fate plays out. Yesterday a guy called wanting to adopt a water turtle. I explained that I don't take them anymore because it became to hard to find good homes for them. I was getting in too many.

Today I get a call from a gal who was driving home and picked up a turtle out of the street to keep if from being run over.

Needless to say, I called 'Larry' from yesterday and he's coming to get the turtle tomorrow!

It's a bit older than a juvenile, female RES turtle. This is pretty late in the year to be finding water turtles in the street. I'll bet someone tossed it out.
Hope 'Larry' picks her up and gives her the home she deserves.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I went to the post office and the guy sent me home to use a different box to save money. Hmmm, now to find something smaller.
I was going to use a flat rate box.
I did get stamps for my cards that I haven’t signed yet.

Ran errands too!
It’s super windy today!! I’ve cleaned the pool twice already!!
maybe wait until the wind has died down then clean the pool.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's interesting how fate plays out. Yesterday a guy called wanting to adopt a water turtle. I explained that I don't take them anymore because it became to hard to find good homes for them. I was getting in too many.

Today I get a call from a gal who was driving home and picked up a turtle out of the street to keep if from being run over.

Needless to say, I called 'Larry' from yesterday and he's coming to get the turtle tomorrow!

It's a bit older than a juvenile, female RES turtle. This is pretty late in the year to be finding water turtles in the street. I'll bet someone tossed it out.
Fate is just wonderful sometimes.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Morning...

Ok, here are two quick pix of the now cut back and stowed away banana pot. Very sad looking...

Here is what is left - all the leaves trimmed off, and the major stalks cut in half

8ED543D1-BBDF-4BC8-9504-8DF1D66E1A2A.jpeg

The interesting thing is that I trimmed the stalks at about noon. By this morning they all had pushed out new growth of about 1/2 inch or more.

1F4600E3-9780-4624-8ADA-E9ECDF983AB0.jpeg

Here are pix from the glory days of Summer....when fully leafed and reaching for the Sun.

5FBDA740-23A8-4255-8B75-5E4A93466AA6.jpeg

DD959AA2-7195-4B9C-9DE2-B6B613AB6DBF.jpeg