COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
product_1_zm.jpg
I have used this brand for years since a buddy brought me a tube back when he was at the Rosebowl.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It really doesnt matter, just need to stack higher. I made ours kind of quickly with not too much planning really. We had a VERY wet summer and this area got very soggy and my stacks/walls started to lean as they sank a bit. Needed to reinforce. But, Sully said it was perfect. :) and never escaped or dug a burrow.

I was just moving some around now - these are 8 inches x 8 inches. Like Lincoln logs.

Those things weigh a ton!!
I hate the whole process of buying them and lugging them to the yard!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
And you can paint colorful pictures on the outside. Pics of torts and gardens etc. That would make it look pretty.

I believe someone here said that they couldn’t draw a stick man.... well I can’t even draw half of a stick man so I won’t be painting anything for the world to see[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Those things weigh a ton!!
I hate the whole process of buying them and lugging them to the yard!

Luckily, my neighbor was deconstructing some hardscaping and was tossing a bunch away and asked if I could use some. :)
Yes please, so i lugged them over the fence and through the woods and Sully’s outdoor enclosure was made.

This Fall (early October) following our 40 months of flooding, I “deconstructed” the enclosure and Sully’s old house. I cut all the timbers in half or thirds to relocate them. Thats when we built the Sully-Ma-Hal and moved inside for Winter.

8E64C6C5-981B-45F3-BFE3-6F30A02C670D.jpeg
The Build - fully lined with plywood and insulation.

8A0AC73A-5FF4-4110-88D3-0FA061CBD323.jpeg
Before RHP

A17F31CF-864D-4EB6-A667-8621AD3B098C.jpeg
After RHP

A2773056-F8BB-46FB-837E-C7C2BD6A2CA2.jpeg
The Sully-Ma-Hal

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Sounds a bit like keto “Bullet” Coffee. Do you also partake in the OMAD and/or intermittent fasting (IF) ?
I’ve been eating paleo off and on for about six years. I have celiac disease so no gluten for me. Now that my blood sugar is out of whack I’ve been even more strict on what I eat. We started drinking bullet proof coffee years ago after the pioneer woman did it on her show. I have a friend that started a keto blog last month and she did a post about it last week and listed cocoa powder, turmeric, and stevia on it, so I started adding those in. It helps me miss my creamer less but not completely forget it. I really think I loved a hot cup of creamer in the morning instead of coffee. It’s been rough but I’ve started enjoying them more.
As to fasting, I don’t like to eat or drink anything except water after 6pm. So I fast until about 9am. I’ll sometimes skip supper entirely if I had a big, late lunch.

I do love making fruit smoothies. We have popsicle molds, and I’ll put the extras in there for the kids to eat after school. I have some moringa to put in it and bentonite clay. I don’t use them too often though, moringa more than clay.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
YES!!
We should buy stock in socks!!
I have a drawer full of unmatched socks and when I get desperate, I wear mismatched pairs.

It drives my husband crazy so he bought a small washer bag he puts his socks in.
I have a hamper full that needs to me matched. Thankfully a genius came up with the style of non matching socks. My kids have embraced it.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Good morning, Carol! I STILL have to remind myself that rain in your case is a good thing. [emoji85][emoji23]

We have ice in places, and my trusty Lumberjack boots of about four years started to get water in... I’ll try to repair them before buying new ones.
I’ve been known to put duck tape on the sole of a leaky shoe.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I’ve been eating paleo off and on for about six years. I have celiac disease so no gluten for me. Now that my blood sugar is out of whack I’ve been even more strict on what I eat. We started drinking bullet proof coffee years ago after the pioneer woman did it on her show. I have a friend that started a keto blog last month and she did a post about it last week and listed cocoa powder, turmeric, and stevia on it, so I started adding those in. It helps me miss my creamer less but not completely forget it. I really think I loved a hot cup of creamer in the morning instead of coffee. It’s been rough but I’ve started enjoying them more.
As to fasting, I don’t like to eat or drink anything except water after 6pm. So I fast until about 9am. I’ll sometimes skip supper entirely if I had a big, late lunch.

I do love making fruit smoothies. We have popsicle molds, and I’ll put the extras in there for the kids to eat after school. I have some moringa to put in it and bentonite clay. I don’t use them too often though, moringa more than clay.

I don’t quite make “fruit” smoothies. If i don’t 100% juice, then I’ll throw kale, spinach, 2-3 celery stalks, an orange or grapefruit, handful of almonds, hemp, chia, chorella or spirulina, moringa and water into the NutriBullet. Most ppl wouldnt like the taste, but ive been doing this for a long time.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Soooooooo

Many will remember last year’s trees that fell that took me forever and a day to cut up, then split, and burn.

We have two more leaners....usually spotted from our “room with a view”.

Yes...they SHOULD be vertical. It warmed up enough today for a nice backyard fire while we cut some stress relief cuts at the base of these trees. Tomorrow - 50 mph winds....

93D6ACBD-D4B3-4309-AC8C-0DA88B39FA2F.jpeg

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
@AZtortMom
@Maro2Bear

I am planning to fence a large area for my torts and I’m still trying to figure the most economical, secure, and attractive way to do so. My hubby is more concerned about how it will look whereas I’m more worried about getting it secure, big enough, & cost.. The area for the first tort must be complete this spring. I want 100 square ft minimum.. Am I being obsessive? We have plenty of room. What are you doing? Suggestions please? I want a good plan because I’ll copy cat twice again next spring .. and if that goes well, who knows...?? Should I start a thread on it? Just really didn’t want all the extra reads from .. wellllll.... extras[emoji15][emoji15]

I used cinder blocks, but I did when I was still renting. Now that I own my house, I’m not going to take it down. I’ve invested a lot of money in the blocks. I have heard planks are better..‍♀️IMG_2321.jpgIMG_2320.jpg

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I don’t quite make “fruit” smoothies. If i don’t 100% juice, then I’ll throw kale, spinach, 2-3 celery stalks, an orange or grapefruit, handful of almonds, hemp, chia, chorella or spirulina, moringa and water into the NutriBullet. Most ppl wouldnt like the taste, but ive been doing this for a long time.
It sounds like it would definitely take some getting used to but I tend to drink or eat anything if I know it’s good for me.