EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I wanted to give an update on Sheldon our Great Dane. The surgery went well. It took an hour and a half LONGER than expected. Doctor thinks he got it all. He has some drains left in to be removed next week and stitches removed in two weeks. He is awake and just chilling in the back with the staff. He has crate anxiety so they won’t crate him. We are picking him up today.
You can see the cyst in the picture and I included a pic without the cyst.

View attachment 267278 View attachment 267279

He’s so handsome!!! I didn’t realize his surgery was that soon.. But I’m sure glad y’all all over it. I bet he’ll feel much better now. You can saddle him up and head across the sunrise:) I hope you and him both get some good snuggle time in!! yall deserve it!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Oh man. . . I love trees and the shade they provide. Why do they have to go?

I know it is weird!! We’ll plant new ones. We drive back there and when the garage goes in we still need driving room to turn around because our boat will be parked inside.

The pine had to go because it was leaning towards our neighbors solar farm in their yard.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well, we have packed our suitcase and assembled the things we need:
Map book, binoculars, smart clothes, sun cream, rain coat (typical Brits :D ), walking boots, satnav, bat detector, passports, Euros...

All prepared to start our adventure tomorrow morning :)

Safe travels Linda!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes. I really didn't want a box turtle. I got my tortoise. I chose him because I could take care of him. That doesn't mean I don't love her. She's so cute and sweet. My grandson rescued her from previous owners that were trying to release her into the wild after being bought from a pet shop. I ended up with her. I need all the insight I can get to help her have a happy healthy life.
I think you have just answered my question Yvonne but I am not going to accept in case it's dodgy.
It's blinking annoying though!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The pictures haven’t been so cute this week. An example
View attachment 267281
She has been bait marking badgers. They mix coloured pellets with peanut butter (unsalted) which it seems no mammal can resist. The bait is left outside a badger sett, the bait is eaten and, sooner or later, the badgers poop.

She goes looking for the poop and they can tell where badgers have been by where they find the poop.

And her trying to convince us that is an enjoyable task subject to the weather [emoji23]

Ohhh I’m laughing so hard it hurts!!! I don’t envy her that job... guess you gotta take the bad with the good but it’s still a crappy situation!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I wanted to give an update on Sheldon our Great Dane. The surgery went well. It took an hour and a half LONGER than expected. Doctor thinks he got it all. He has some drains left in to be removed next week and stitches removed in two weeks. He is awake and just chilling in the back with the staff. He has crate anxiety so they won’t crate him. We are picking him up today.
You can see the cyst in the picture and I included a pic without the cyst.

View attachment 267278 View attachment 267279
So glad it went well and he recovers quickly.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Evening all.
Does anyone else using a laptop have this annoying pop up when they log in. It only started this evening. It takes up half the screen!
View attachment 267296

I use the Chrome browser and have installed the Ad Block addin. It solves most problems with pop ups.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have gotten invaded by outer space or something. Everytime I try to read or post there's ads on your forum. I don't know what happened. I'm taking my phone to my service and have it looked at tomorrow. See you tomorrow.
I have half my screen invaded and it won't go unless I accept they put ads on!:mad:
I hope Josh can sort this out or I won't be using the forum much for a while.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My back doctor is still farting around with different injections of different things.
He hasn't decided on surgery yet. But it seems to me that that will be the obvious conclusion.
The heart has been a few arthroscopic procedures. No actual traditional surgery.....prying open the ribcage stuff.
I have been forunate.
Wow the heart is a little more crucial. I had a heart stent put in about 6 years ago .

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well, we have packed our suitcase and assembled the things we need:
Map book, binoculars, smart clothes, sun cream, rain coat (typical Brits :D ), walking boots, satnav, bat detector, passports, Euros...

All prepared to start our adventure tomorrow morning :)
Have a great time Linda - definitely out of the country then!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sometimes Junior does the head tuck and hiss, sometimes she doesn't. She was okay when she realized it was me. I think she may have pulled into her shell suddenly because of the angle of my hands, or the shadows, when I moved to get her from her enclosure. I was trying to get all of that done quickly, so she may have felt some of it was too abrupt (maybe).
There was an interesting article a few years ago about how scientists had discovered that torts had what they called a 'third eye' but I think it was basically a light sensor in the top of their head, which warns them of overhead danger. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh wow.. only majorly! I missed somehow that you were diabetic.. I’m sorry Ray! You must be one tough SOG.... Better days ahead!!
I never mentioned the diabetes. I was on a low dosage pill before the accident. But in the hospital during my accident since I was in a coma. They gave me insulin and now I cant get off the stuff. My diabetes got worse after the accident.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have half my screen invaded and it won't go unless I accept they put ads on!:mad:
I hope Josh can sort this out or I won't be using the forum much for a while.

That’s unlawful in the EU.. even for US websites. :(

I have heard some websites are denying access to Europeans rather than comply :(

Can you install chrome and put the Ad-block Addin on? It’s not difficult. I can’t test on my PC until next week.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The pictures haven’t been so cute this week. An example
View attachment 267281
She has been bait marking badgers. They mix coloured pellets with peanut butter (unsalted) which it seems no mammal can resist. The bait is left outside a badger sett, the bait is eaten and, sooner or later, the badgers poop.

She goes looking for the poop and they can tell where badgers have been by where they find the poop.

And her trying to convince us that is an enjoyable task subject to the weather [emoji23]
The people who hunt badgers to kill them use peanuts to lure them out into an open space and then shoot them.:(