COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Nos da from me too.
Physio day tomorrow.
The broken leg is pretty good, the knee of the other one - agony!
I was going to drive myself for the first time since January but a bit worried the knee may lock.
I wonder is she can do physio on both?:)

Hopefully everything is going to go well and get you moving a bit more! Good luck buck please be careful. I think I would go nuts (if the jobs not already done ) if I couldn’t drive!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Day all from this side of the pond. There were a ton of heavy thundershowers all throughout our area late yesterday afternoon, BUT we didnt get a drop. Ok, maybe a mist, but no sustained rain. Trees, bushes, lawns could all use a good soaking. I’m SURE there are Box Turtles just waiting for a good soaking before they start scrambling out on the roads.

Going to be close to 80F again today, but back to normal mid-60’s rest of the week. Might be another good day for walkabouts for our Sully.

View attachment 269303
Enjoying Sunshine & Weeds

Looking very pleased with himself ! ( or is sully a her?) I have always thought male but I think you referred to him as a her in one post...set me straight please! Regardless, you can see the spring happiness radiating from that one [emoji6]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good Day all from this side of the pond. There were a ton of heavy thundershowers all throughout our area late yesterday afternoon, BUT we didnt get a drop. Ok, maybe a mist, but no sustained rain. Trees, bushes, lawns could all use a good soaking. I’m SURE there are Box Turtles just waiting for a good soaking before they start scrambling out on the roads.

Going to be close to 80F again today, but back to normal mid-60’s rest of the week. Might be another good day for walkabouts for our Sully.

View attachment 269303
Enjoying Sunshine & Weeds

I wish we had sunshine. It’s cold wet and miserable here. I know. The garden needs the rain, but it doesn’t make it pleasant to go out!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I wish we had sunshine. It’s cold wet and miserable here. I know. The garden needs the rain, but it doesn’t make it pleasant to go out!

After a walk about the garden it looks like we did get a very light overnight sprinkle. The grass really freshened up, as did the fig trees. Birds are happily singing and enjoying Spring!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yesterday we hit 94 and today it’s cooling down with winds.
Friday rain is coming! Sheesh! No wonder everyone is getting sick.
It hasn't been that warm here. Yesterday was only in the 70s because it was overcast. Same today except wind is added to the mix. I HATE WIND!!!!!!! No rain in the foreseeable future, so I don't know why it's overcast.

The nights are warming up nicely. I should be able to put the Russians out soon.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Definitely worth mentioning the other knee to the physio. I have the same problem. The “good” knee is also hurting now! My physio is tomorrow
I told her about it as it is a consequence of the accident, but I have to see my GP to be referred for any treatment.
Goodness knows how long that will take.:rolleyes:
But I managed to wear shoes and I did drive to the hospital!!!:)
Had a few twinges in my leg and foot en route but got there and back in one piece!
The physio advised me to only do short trips at the moment.
I'm happy to do that and I'll be able to do my own shopping again!!
Independence here I come!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hopefully everything is going to go well and get you moving a bit more! Good luck buck please be careful. I think I would go nuts (if the jobs not already done ) if I couldn’t drive!
The physio was quite pleased with my progress and has added some more exercises to build up strength as well as flexibility, but again stressed I wouldn't get 100% mobility back.
That's OK though I'll settle for 99.5%!:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning/afternoon all.
Hope you are all having a good day so far.
It's always a good day when the cat and dog allow me to sleep in! I didn't get up this a.m. until almost 7:30a But that makes me late getting outside to do my a.m. chores. There's no winning!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's always a good day when the cat and dog allow me to sleep in! I didn't get up this a.m. until almost 7:30a But that makes me late getting outside to do my a.m. chores. There's no winning!
Make the most of it Yvonne, the cat and dog will have you up early another morning I'm sure.:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The physio was quite pleased with my progress and has added some more exercises to build up strength as well as flexibility, but again stressed I wouldn't get 100% mobility back.
That's OK though I'll settle for 99.5%!:)

My son had his leg in a full length cast several years ago (fell off his bike [emoji849]). When he eventually came out of it, I took him swimming regularly and that did wonders for building up the muscle in his leg. Your scarring may not permit that yet, I suppose.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My son had his leg in a full length cast several years ago (fell off his bike [emoji849]). When he eventually came out of it, I took him swimming regularly and that did wonders for building up the muscle in his leg. Your scarring may not permit that yet, I suppose.
No I think swimming would be OK - the stitches have dissolved. It's probably a good idea now I can drive to a pool.
Thanks LInda.