COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It’s so hard trying to catch up after a week away!! I’m sure I missed stuff.

Here are some of our Arizona river pix!
We really had a good time and even had rain one day.
The weather was perfect!!

Sunsets from our campsite
View attachment 270384

Cliff jumping for the teens
View attachment 270385
View attachment 270386
View attachment 270387

View attachment 270388
View attachment 270389
View attachment 270390
View attachment 270391
View attachment 270392

Wow! Where is this!? Looks fun!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If your index and middle fingers together don't fit through easily, don't chance it. Also, is the hole straight, or does it have a bend to it? If there's a bend, it needs to be bigger. Don't forget to check all edges. You don't want shredded fins.
Yes. I think I'm going to plug the hole someway or just take it back. That hole bugs me. I already used a piece of sanding belt on the whole house and plugged holes inside it. The house is really cute but I'd rather have a cute happy betta. I read online that if you use a specific gel super glue it's not toxic. Possibly use shells to do that. I have a few....but why should I have to do all that to make it safe.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
WIBBLE AND FREE THE BADGER!!!!!!! AM URNAE DEEID !!!!

just managed to get back online and only stopping in for now to say good mornooning!

i hope mum has filled you in, lots going on just now but im keeping on keeping on.

hope everyone is well and happy, i will be back with fluffy as soon as able.

i look forward to not seeing you all soon and i am going to try attatch pics of coco who had his 1st birthday yesterday

may the wibble be with you all!!!!

View attachment 270373

Beautiful!!! Luv Labs!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It’s so hard trying to catch up after a week away!! I’m sure I missed stuff.

Here are some of our Arizona river pix!
We really had a good time and even had rain one day.
The weather was perfect!!

Sunsets from our campsite
View attachment 270384

Cliff jumping for the teens
View attachment 270385
View attachment 270386
View attachment 270387

View attachment 270388
View attachment 270389
View attachment 270390
View attachment 270391
View attachment 270392

Gorgeous! Love that collage!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Yes. I think I'm going to plug the hole someway or just take it back. That hole bugs me. I already used a piece of sanding belt on the whole house and plugged holes inside it. The house is really cute but I'd rather have a cute happy betta. I read online that if you use a specific gel super glue it's not toxic. Possibly use shells to do that. I have a few....but why should I have to do all that to make it safe.
Safe glue is any glue that is made with cyanoacelate. Super Glue gel (brand name), or even fingernail glue is safe.

Don't buy "aquarium glue). You'll pay a fortune for it, and it's no safer or better.

I suggest the Super Glue gel only because it's gel...won't run, at least not as much. After you make the bond and hold it for a minute, put a drop of ice water on the glue. Cures it almost immediately. I usually leave the glued object out of the tank for 24 hours, but it's not absolutely necessary.

You can also use it to glue a plant (anubias) to a rock. Eventually the roots will grow down into the substrate in the tank.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Safe glue is any glue that is made with cyanoacelate. Super Glue gel (brand name), or even fingernail glue is safe.

Don't buy "aquarium glue). You'll pay a fortune for it, and it's no safer or better.

I suggest the Super Glue gel only because it's gel...won't run, at least not as much. After you make the bond and hold it for a minute, put a drop of ice water on the glue. Cures it almost immediately. I usually leave the glued object out of the tank for 24 hours, but it's not absolutely necessary.

You can also use it to glue a plant (anubias) to a rock. Eventually the roots will grow down into the substrate in the tank.
Yes. I didn't want to even try it before I ran it through our forum. I have time to do it right. I need to learn first. Thanks for your advice.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning fellow CDRers.
Another sunny day in Costa Del Wales, but rain is on its way next week so going to make the most of it this weekend.
Waiting for the ground to warm up a bit more before I try Lola outside again.
He is still in bed at the moment but he was up until almost 11 last night and wouldn't go to bed even with his lights off.
Maybe it was something to do with the full moon - perhaps he's a weretort:eek:
Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday.
Oh no! A weretort? Does he grow big teeth and lots of hair?