COLD DARK ROOM

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
It's for sure he has plenty of food. Moths, millers, and snails. I'll just have to figure out what it is he likes about the wet bags of cans. Do they help him cool off? The smoothness of the cans and bags? Why is he out in the daylight just hanging out? It's fun. He's probably going to help me figure out a cute little toad habitat. I can't hardly wait.
He probably feels secure among all those cans. I would keep them in for him.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Be sure to follow doctor's orders, you'll thank him later on in life. My son had to wear a back brace 23 hours a day during his senior year of high school. It was terribly embarrassing for him and he got teased unmercifully. His back was straight after he was allowed to stop wearing it. So think about senior year of high school to about three years ago when he was now about 59 or 60 (?). He was suffering terrible back pain and the diagnosis was his back was curving again. The only way to relieve the pain was to have his back surgically fused. So now he can't bend anymore. Very difficult to put on and tie shoes, etc.

My guess was that if he had been able to follow Joe's mum's doctor's advice with the exercises to build up the muscles, instead of having to wear a brace, which didn't do anything for muscles, he may not have had the pain later in life. Like you, his one shoulder was higher than the other. This was way back in the dark ages.
I'm not experiencing pain yet, but that won't stop me doing the exercises to prevent the possibility. Some of the stretches actually feel quiet relaxing as it involves a lot of tensing and relaxing.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks.

As for the kittens.
Idk if it is going to work out :(
I thought my allergies had got better with the new autoimmune meds. But i afraid it's getting bad again.
I may have to re-home them. Which breaks my heart. I'm going to give it a few more days with additional allergy meds. But if it keeps getting worse I'll have no choice.
I know how allergies are. It sucks! I'm allergic to corn, aspirin, probably dogs, and most antibiotics. Not even mentioned mown grasses and house dust or the mites...but I found some things I can do. I really like your betta tank. It suits your little guy really beautifully. This is the first time I've done an aquarium...people here have given really helpful advice. This is Arrow.0627191723_Burst01.jpg

DE42

I know how allergies are. It sucks! I'm allergic to corn, aspirin, probably dogs, and most antibiotics. Not even mentioned mown grasses and house dust or the mites...but I found some things I can do. I really like your betta tank. It suits your little guy really beautifully. This is the first time I've done an aquarium...people here have given really helpful advice. This is Arrow.View attachment 275519
One question I have is the little turtle in the aquarium metal or just painted to look metallic?
Most likely it's painted which in that case as long as it wasn't aquarium safe paint it'll be fine.
Bettas are really very easy fish to care for. if your house temperature is low you may need a heater. They do best it around 78 degrees though mine are room temperature at 76.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
One question I have is the little turtle in the aquarium metal or just painted to look metallic?
Most likely it's painted which in that case as long as it wasn't aquarium safe paint it'll be fine.
Bettas are really very easy fish to care for. if your house temperature is low you may need a heater. They do best it around 78 degrees though mine are room temperature at 76.
It's not painted or metallic. It's a resin type bead. It can go if I find out It's not safe.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's not painted or metallic. It's a resin type bead. It can go if I find out It's not safe.
Also, I have to be warmer then most people. Arrows tank ranges between 77.4° and 79.8°. Just by keeping at room temperature that's comfortable for me. I may have to get him a heater for winter though. My thing is, I would like to find a heater with a rechargeable battery. Just for back up.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It’s the moisture as key. They shelter in damp places.
Ok. There was probably water in the bag surrounded by the cool cans. There was also another bag of cans on top. I was cleaning up my can mess and lo and behold there was my little darling toad in there. Sometimes it pays to be a bit lazy.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The PLs have had a long trip - no wonder they were on my purple hebe shrub for so long.
The red could be a moth but very pretty. I'll look at butterflies and moths.
It had small roundish wings and plain deep red wings, maybe some black but when i tried to get close it fluttered off.
I have seen them other summers but never managed to ID them.
We had quite a few scarlet/red tiger moths last year - they are very pretty.
I've never got to see a red moth in person. What a blessing!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can you believe my bad luck? It's 8p on a Thursday night and here I sit with TV remote with dead batteries. The TV is on, however, I can't watch it because I was in the middle of scrolling the channels in "GUIDE" mode, so only words on the screen, no picture. Guess I'll have to read a book. Woe is me!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Can you believe my bad luck? It's 8p on a Thursday night and here I sit with TV remote with dead batteries. The TV is on, however, I can't watch it because I was in the middle of scrolling the channels in "GUIDE" mode, so only words on the screen, no picture. Guess I'll have to read a book. Woe is me!
Did you try taking the batteries out and put them back in switching the first one you took out put it in first?