COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good mornooning everyone.

My training went well. I got pooped on... of course!

It was a very busy 4 hours feeding young birds and cleaning out enclosures with a couple of minutes spent watching baby badgers at play.

We had everything from teeny nestling wrens, via sparrows, t-its, starlings and thrushes and blackbirds to crows and jays.

I am back again for the early shift on Monday.

Yesterday, JoesDad and I went to Wimbledon. We had seats on court 1 and saw Serena Williams beat Julia Goerges of Germany, then our own Jo Konta beat Sloane Stephens (USA) and finally Joao Sousa (Portugal) beat GB’s Dan Evans.

The last match had the best tennis. It was a shame someone had to lose.
View attachment 276026
View attachment 276027

Now we are heading to the outlaws as MiL had her birthday last week. Hopefully she’s in a good mood
You have to post us all the info about feeding the babies just in case. Sometimes it could take a day to get the help that they need in a timely manner. I think the CDR knows to try and help them just stay safe and let the parents do their job or put them back in the nest. But...it doesn't hurt to know what to do in an emergency.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good day CDR!!

Hey Kathy! Hope your enjoying a lazy Sunday. Is your tortoise yard all finished yet? And how are the fig cuttings doing? I’ve got plenty of fruit now but the squirrels will steal them before they can get ripe. Same with my blackberries...[emoji35]. Son and & planted some late cucumbers on Thursday and they sprouted this morning... this is huge for me!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hey Kathy! Hope your enjoying a lazy Sunday. Is your tortoise yard all finished yet? And how are the fig cuttings doing? I’ve got plenty of fruit now but the squirrels will steal them before they can get ripe. Same with my blackberries...[emoji35]. Son and & planted some late cucumbers on Thursday and they sprouted this morning... this is huge for me!!!

Darn squirrels! They’re cute,,,,but very mischievious!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Darn squirrels! They’re cute,,,,but very mischievious!

IMG_0150.jpg
I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, but I was one proud momma this day. We are very much over populated here and these squirrels were cleaned and cooked...
Daughter did me a huge favor, not to mention proved a steady shot:))

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Doe
Here’s a Australian green mantis (forgot to share with you)

I love mantises but I’ve never kept one before, their very short life span kinda puts me off the idea.
Does the UK have praying mantis? I didn't know Australia had them. I love them too. They live in my backyard and come out of their cocoons yearly. They need plants to hide out on and lots of bugs...my yard sure can supply that.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hope this guy isnt a TFO member -

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/07/...e-allegany.html#click=https://t.co/jMN1bQKFxG

The authorities seized 292 animals, including two box and two painted turtles, six snapping turtles, six Gila monsters (a type of lizard), 17 bog turtles, 28 Blanding’s turtles, 53 wood turtles and 184 spotted turtles. Investigators also seized 20 boxes of turtle eggs.
I'm only saying this because I doubt that a person like that is humble enough to stick his neck out enough to join. Not to mention he thinks he knows everything already. I did however ask a petland employee a question once and I'm almost positive she got her answer for me from the TFO. After I joined I found that answer here again. I don't think she was a member either. I wish she would have shared the TFO website with me so that I could have joined sooner.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 276078
I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, but I was one proud momma this day. We are very much over populated here and these squirrels were cleaned and cooked...
Daughter did me a huge favor, not to mention proved a steady shot:))
How does she always find the cutest shoes?...

Bee62

Germany

Bee62

Germany
upload_2019-7-8_1-4-7.jpegupload_2019-7-8_1-4-43.jpegupload_2019-7-8_1-4-57.jpeg
images