COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Yes. I've never given Saphire cucumber for that reason. I was thinking maybe English cucumber might be better. Or even better is learning it could be a natural laxative if needed. I'm going to try a little just to see if he likes it.

I am puzzled now. I though cucumber was cucumber. I know what I call a cucumber here in the UK.

What’s a non-English cucumber?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all. Son announced he’s coming home today. He’s feeling low ... love life difficulties... and wants some home tlc. Daughter has quietly told us she is turning up too. They are very close. She wants to surprise her brother and has baked him a cake. He is rather fond of cake too :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning all. Son announced he’s coming home today. He’s feeling low ... love life difficulties... and wants some home tlc. Daughter has quietly told us she is turning up too. They are very close. She wants to surprise her brother and has baked him a cake. He is rather fond of cake too :)

Good morning! What sweet children you have. I love reading that their so close. Good Job Linda:) I hope the cake turns out well and JoesBrother is properly cheered. Enjoy your visit:)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am puzzled now. I though cucumber was cucumber. I know what I call a cucumber here in the UK.

What’s a non-English cucumber?
I was kind of kidding around by calling it a UK cucumber...we have several different varieties of cucumber available. There are even types that are meant for pickles. My personal favorite is the English cucumber. It's skinny with lots of yummy green skin. It's really close in size to a little zucchini and I can eat it peel and all with a veggie dip.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mine started back in 07 when I retired. :) I found it doesn't matter what day it is. They can be great and they can suck.
But I found that your really not retired until you don't care what day it is. Or maybe that's old age catching up to me o_O
I don't care which day it is. I just hate how fast it flies by. I don't care if the day sucks. I woke up!#! Yeah

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That sounds like a good weekend. The kids come home if they need a reboot of love and support.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope he is soon feeling better with some home comforts and his family around him.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Tortoise weight ins

Over one year old:

Selma: 420 grams
Patty:401 grams
Marge: 390 grams

6 years old:
Margo: 530 grams

I’m so chuffed that they have grown this much. I got the yearlings when they were only a few weeks old. :D
You must be doing something right! Congratulations.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I was kind of kidding around by calling it a UK cucumber...we have several different varieties of cucumber available. There are even types that are meant for pickles. My personal favorite is the English cucumber. It's skinny with lots of yummy green skin. It's really close in size to a little zucchini and I can eat it peel and all with a veggie dip.
Our cucumbers are pretty big and for those who can't eat a whole one we can buy half a cucumber!
51l1KSVvTTL.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Our cucumbers are pretty big and for those who can't eat a whole one we can buy half a cucumber!
51l1KSVvTTL.jpg
Maybe we get the little skinny young guys. They are usually long but wrapped in seran like wrap. The skin is a little softer. I've never seen a cucumber cut in half and sold like that. Our regular cucumber is big with lots of seeds and watery. It's cheap but I like the English cucumber better.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And it is supposed to be burpless.