COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Hope you do get plenty of time with your critters today! :)

Thanks Lena! I’ve manage to do a good bit of dandelion harvesting for the young sullies... cleaned out the horse trough and gave horses a good grooming..Did a thorough inspection on the ducks and noticed some nice wing feathers coming in.. next is Ferret baths:) this is how I enjoy my day!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today for the second time in my life, I was called "dude"! Both times in Ottawa. Is that normal, or is it a Canadian thing? :confused:

The first time was actually a bit scary.

It was summer last year, our first visit to Ottawa, and I was geocaching downtown. So, I go to this tiny square sandwiched between two busy roads. As soon as it's finally free of regular occupants, who appear to be homeless or junkies, or both, I start looking under the benches for a tiny hidden container--something like this:

View attachment 281194

No luck. GPS bounces wildly, but I'm not giving up. A voice behind me makes me jump:

"You all right, dude?"

One of the regulars, by the looks of him, is back.

"Need something?" He takes a step forward... Must've thought I was a client. :eek:

I'm never geocaching in downtown Ottawa again. :D

Anyway, happy hump day from this "dude", CDRverse!

View attachment 281197
Were you ever able to locate the "prize"?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hi, Heather, and good morning to you too!

Today I'm planning to water the plants, then come inside and clean out the baby leopard enclosure. I'm going to completely gut it and start over. It has had several clutches of babies go through it and the substrate is getting pretty grungy!. While I'm doing that the babies that are in there will be soaking their soaking tubs in the kitchen sink. If I have time after that BIG project, I plan to wash the kitchen floor. I'm having out of town company this week-end, so I have to sort of straighten and semi clean the house to save myself from embarrassment.

Sounds like a busy but fulfilling day. I’m sure none of us would mind if you snapped a few pics of some baby leopards... :). I am lugging Toretto inside today for a nice warm soak in the tub and good shell cleaning..
hope you get all your to-dos done so you can rest up for company.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good afternooning all. I have been hard at work in the Nursery of the rescue today dealing with baby wood pigeons and baby feral pigeons. (Actually we have so many baby pigeons there are loads in the other units too [emoji849])

Because the rescue is a hospital we have to adhere to strict hygiene protocols including wearing face masks and gloves. It’s not the best look!
View attachment 281196

Here are a couple of baby feral pigeons
View attachment 281198

Better safe than sorry:)

I have not seen baby pigeons before. Though cute, it appears that their beauty comes with age.. lol!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Today for the second time in my life, I was called "dude"! Both times in Ottawa. Is that normal, or is it a Canadian thing? :confused:

The first time was actually a bit scary.

It was summer last year, our first visit to Ottawa, and I was geocaching downtown. So, I go to this tiny square sandwiched between two busy roads. As soon as it's finally free of regular occupants, who appear to be homeless or junkies, or both, I start looking under the benches for a tiny hidden container--something like this:

View attachment 281194

No luck. GPS bounces wildly, but I'm not giving up. A voice behind me makes me jump:

"You all right, dude?"

One of the regulars, by the looks of him, is back.

"Need something?" He takes a step forward... Must've thought I was a client. :eek:

I'm never geocaching in downtown Ottawa again. :D

Anyway, happy hump day from this "dude", CDRverse!

View attachment 281197

[emoji848] some Odd fellows there... I’m afraid you’ll never really fit in:) lmao

[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]
Happy Wednesday back!

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
I think Men in general are usually better cooks... My brother is an amazing cook and my husband is not too bad either... it’s like a law of nature or something...

Interestingly, it’s a proven fact that women shoot better... [emoji6]
Heck yes my hubby cooks wayyy better and I shoot wayy better [emoji12]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sounds like a busy but fulfilling day. I’m sure none of us would mind if you snapped a few pics of some baby leopards... :). I am lugging Toretto inside today for a nice warm soak in the tub and good shell cleaning..
hope you get all your to-dos done so you can rest up for company.
There are six two-week old babies in this enclosure, along with Chasen (I think his real name is Sengo), who I'm baby sitting, and Zipper, not shown:

leopard babies 9-25-19.jpg

You can plainly see why I need to change out the substrate. Those little babies are terribly dirty from living on that old, dirty substrate. Plus I really need to clean out the door track. I hate to lose all my rolly pollys, but hopefully there will be a couple left in the plant to breed.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Too late I did years ago! My wife specializes in eating my food. I am proud to say I have some very decent knife skills and can come up with some good meals.
Now I understand! It's a kitchen renovation so she and the turtles, tortoises, and canines can better enjoy your cooking! It's kind of like building a new concert hall for your hometown celebrity... :D

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I think Men in general are usually better cooks... My brother is an amazing cook and my husband is not too bad either... it’s like a law of nature or something...

Interestingly, it’s a proven fact that women shoot better... [emoji6]
If I bothered to practice to hone either skill, I could be decent at them... :rolleyes:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
There are six two-week old babies in this enclosure, along with Chasen (I think his real name is Sengo), who I'm baby sitting, and Zipper, not shown:

View attachment 281217

You can plainly see why I need to change out the substrate. Those little babies are terribly dirty from living on that old, dirty substrate. Plus I really need to clean out the door track. I hate to lose all my rolly pollys, but hopefully there will be a couple left in the plant to breed.

I remember Sengo... WOW, he’s grown a lot!
You always have the cutest babies...your tortoise partner is lucky to have you. You have just reminded me that I need to go round up so more rolly pollies... if you run short, they are plentiful on my property and I’ll be glad to send you some.

I’m going to head to town shortly. Got to restock on groceries and I want to get some clothes dye. I want to attempt to rejuvenate some shirts that have faded or that I’ve got spots on from cleaning. See if I can save me some money on clothes:)