COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Goodmorning everyone, it's way too early but I can't sleep. Probably will be sleeping when I should be awake in the morning. Good thing I have the wife to care for Opo.
We had a weird thing happen yesterday. I went to put Opo in his pool and there was some poop in there already! I fill the pool right after Opo does his business. So it has fresh water in it all night. I also do that so the wind doesn't blow it away.
Now I am worried if some critter has been in there before and maybe urinated in the pool.
So now I am putting in the screen porch empty.
Started occupation therapy but can't wear my prosthetic arm because of the sore.
Start physical therapy next week also. So that means I will be back on my prosthetic leg again. Cant wait I have a good attitude finally. Been putting it off for to long.

How weird?? The mysterious pool pooper.. we may need that pet detective after all!

I’m so happy for you. Anticipating the good is half the battle:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning! That long awaited day (for many of us at least ) is finally here.
And I couldn’t be more welcoming . After the work and school hours are done, I want go on weekend strike.. I have one kiddie bday party that I’ll drag myself too and the rest is subject to be canceled. :) it’s opening weekend of archery season for whitetail here but I am not going to be in the woods. I can’t pull my bow back smoothly enough.. ☹️.. still got some nerve issues going on. Surprisingly, I’m not really that upset:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I was also wondering about the TORTOISE Christmas this year... Are we going to do this again? I want to!!! I was hoping we could draw names early so the gifts that must cross the pond would have a fair chance at being on time... :))

Thoughts???

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
What is it?

It was kind of like a secret Santa.. eligible members put their names in hat if they wanted to participate. The organizer drew names and let everyone know who your secret partner was. You would send them a Christmas gift and on a date close to Christmas we would all meet on line and open our gifts , revealing who our partner was at that time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Saw this on Face book:

69391213_10218620502877436_6096635596258672640_o.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ha ok, not so easy depending of where you have to send the gift… :confused:
But nice principle! :)
We've sent from the U.S. to Morocco and Germany, from the UK to the U.S., to Denmark - in fact, really all over the world. Some of the gifts took a pretty long time to reach their destination and some of them were intercepted and scrounged through, but basically it was a very nice and heartwarming experience.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Goodmorning everyone, it's way too early but I can't sleep. Probably will be sleeping when I should be awake in the morning. Good thing I have the wife to care for Opo.
We had a weird thing happen yesterday. I went to put Opo in his pool and there was some poop in there already! I fill the pool right after Opo does his business. So it has fresh water in it all night. I also do that so the wind doesn't blow it away.
Now I am worried if some critter has been in there before and maybe urinated in the pool.
So now I am putting in the screen porch empty.
Started occupation therapy but can't wear my prosthetic arm because of the sore.
Start physical therapy next week also. So that means I will be back on my prosthetic leg again. Cant wait I have a good attitude finally. Been putting it off for to long.

How weird?? The mysterious pool pooper.. we may need that pet detective after all!

I’m so happy for you. Anticipating the good is half the battle:)

It was the Leprechaun, I’m telling ya [emoji33]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning! That long awaited day (for many of us at least ) is finally here.
And I couldn’t be more welcoming . After the work and school hours are done, I want go on weekend strike.. I have one kiddie bday party that I’ll drag myself too and the rest is subject to be canceled. :) it’s opening weekend of archery season for whitetail here but I am not going to be in the woods. I can’t pull my bow back smoothly enough.. ☹️.. still got some nerve issues going on. Surprisingly, I’m not really that upset:)

Kiddie parties can be rough. Party hard! [emoji12]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
We've sent from the U.S. to Morocco and Germany, from the UK to the U.S., to Denmark - in fact, really all over the world. Some of the gifts took a pretty long time to reach their destination and some of them were intercepted and scrounged through, but basically it was a very nice and heartwarming experience.

I’m definitely in for the Christmas card exchange. Which reminds me I should start hunting for those cards. :)

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Everyone have a great Friday! And a fantastic weekend! God bless Everyone. Hubby didn't have to work today [emoji3526] no school(not sure why) yesterday was hubby's 28th birthday also. I start my tax course next week on Monday !! Super nervous. It's only a 2 month course so it shouldn't be to bad and it's only 3-1 days a week. I was worried I wouldn't have enough time with the hubby working and the kiddos, but it's a night class so it'll work out perfectly. [emoji3526] Have a wonderful safe day!

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
My son far outshines me and I'm the one that taught him how to cook. I ask him for advice now...
Oh my [emoji3526] I can't cook to save my life.. I made my son's birthday cake and Cooked a fork in the middle... [emoji28] Nobody let me touch hubby's cake [emoji23] hopefully my husband teaches our son and daughter how to cook like him