COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well there was a fire at a house and while we went in there we rescued all of the people that was inside, while I was in the burning house I did not hear a dog or if there was a dog or should I say dogs because there were two dogs left in the house, story short the dogs burned up and instead of the owner being happy because we saved her children's lives and hers she wants to get up in my face and curse me out because I didn't see the dogs that was in the house left in a cage.
I'm really thinking about switching careers probably go into law enforcement.
Oh my. That's a tough one alright. But the onus is on HER, not you. She should have made sure the firefighters knew there were kenneled dogs and where the kennels were. So sad.

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
Yeah it is sad I kind of have to take the blame for it though because even though my partners and I got her family out I should have asked her did she have any dogs or pets in that matter and if so where is the animals, I did go back in the house searched and I ain't seen nothing and by then the house was fully engulfed and I was out of there.
Oh my. That's a tough one alright. But the onus is on HER, not you. She should have made sure the firefighters knew there were kenneled dogs and where the kennels were. So sad.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yeah it is sad I kind of have to take the blame for it though because even though my partners and I got her family out I should have asked her did she have any dogs or pets in that matter and if so where is the animals, I did go back in the house searched and I ain't seen nothing and by then the house was fully engulfed and I was out of there.
You're not to blame. If I had dogs caged in a burning house I would be screaming my head off about it. And my children and every critter in there. I've always admired firefighters for their dedication in helping us. You don't deserve being cussed out.

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
Thank you very much that means a lot to me. I guess next time I will ask questions like is there any animals or anything in the house.
You're not to blame. If I had dogs caged in a burning house I would be screaming my head off about it. And my children and every critter in there. I've always admired firefighters for their dedication in helping us. You don't deserve being cussed out.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thank you very much that means a lot to me. I guess next time I will ask questions like is there any animals or anything in the house.

You are SO not yo blame. You guys work wonders every day! Necessarily you save human lives first. Sometimes it’s not even possible to save those.

My guess is that the woman you saved knows this too. It was the shock that led her to say what she did.

Please don’t beat yourself up about it! Be proud. You should be.

(((Massive electronic hug for you and your team)))

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
Thank you very much I appreciate that.
You are SO not yo blame. You guys work wonders every day! Necessarily you save human lives first. Sometimes it’s not even possible to save those.

My guess is that the woman you saved knows this too. It was the shock that led her to say what she did.

Please don’t beat yourself up about it! Be proud. You should be.

(((Massive electronic hug for you and your team)))

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well there was a fire at a house and while we went in there we rescued all of the people that was inside, while I was in the burning house I did not hear a dog or if there was a dog or should I say dogs because there were two dogs left in the house, story short the dogs burned up and instead of the owner being happy because we saved her children's lives and hers she wants to get up in my face and curse me out because I didn't see the dogs that was in the house left in a cage.

Oh no!!! I know that’s hard to swallow but just think of all the good you have done.. even for that ungrateful woman... I can’t imagine the emotional toll that those calls takes on you.. God has put you in place for a lot of reasons... including her and her children.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A family member of mine went through a home fire and the dog was acting strange and trying to tell them even before the fire. But when the fire happened the dog tried to hide in the burning house. It still took a family member's voice to coax the dog to come out. They need to help you help them by communication.

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
Yep you are right about that and thank you, I believe the Lord do have something in stored for me and my team.
Oh no!!! I know that’s hard to swallow but just think of all the good you have done.. even for that ungrateful woman... I can’t imagine the emotional toll that those calls takes on you.. God has put you in place for a lot of reasons... including her and her children.

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
Yes you are right about that, it would have been nice if they would have let the dogs loose but maybe they was not thinking about the dogs at the time who knows what was going through their minds.
A family member of mine went through a home fire and the dog was acting strange and trying to tell them even before the fire. But when the fire happened the dog tried to hide in the burning house. It still took a family member's voice to coax the dog to come out. They need to help you help them by communication.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Goodness. People are stupid. Sorry you had a tough day.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks Lena! I’ve manage to do a good bit of dandelion harvesting for the young sullies... cleaned out the horse trough and gave horses a good grooming..Did a thorough inspection on the ducks and noticed some nice wing feathers coming in.. next is Ferret baths:) this is how I enjoy my day!
Do the dandelions grow naturally or do you grow them?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning everyone, it's way too early but I can't sleep. Probably will be sleeping when I should be awake in the morning. Good thing I have the wife to care for Opo.
We had a weird thing happen yesterday. I went to put Opo in his pool and there was some poop in there already! I fill the pool right after Opo does his business. So it has fresh water in it all night. I also do that so the wind doesn't blow it away.
Now I am worried if some critter has been in there before and maybe urinated in the pool.
So now I am putting in the screen porch empty.
Started occupation therapy but can't wear my prosthetic arm because of the sore.
Start physical therapy next week also. So that means I will be back on my prosthetic leg again. Cant wait I have a good attitude finally. Been putting it off for to long.