COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
We use the BGE Smart Home kit, but the best thing is that BGE (Baltimore Gas & Electric) some time ago offerred FREE kits so we signed up & got one. All of the devices work flawlessly, it’s the TEMP/HUMIDITY sensors that read out Sullys house.

View attachment 283061
So that setup wouldn't be available to me?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ahhhh, I hate indian call centers.....once I just wanted to change my cellular plan, and instead of helping me, they decided to transfer me to an indian call center to try to sell me anything they have to sell for 20 min(tv's, tv's plans, cellular, cellular plans, internet plans,etc) before tranfering me back to actual help, I must have said ''no thanks'' 30 times, it's crazy how disconnected companies can be to their customers....but im a polite man so I managed to stay polite, these indian employees probably have very small salaries, the fault is on the company managers imo, taking their customers for fools...
I agree, but th ese phone calls had nothing to do with Apple. It's a phishing scam.

Bambam1989

East Texas
First “Christmas Cactus” flower of the Season - plenty more buds to follow.

View attachment 283090
So pretty! I hope mine blooms this year. I've only had it a couple years, I assume it didn't bloom for me last year because it was aclimating to a new pot. There are tiny bumps that may be new growth or the start of buds.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So pretty! I hope mine blooms this year. I've only had it a couple years, I assume it didn't bloom for me last year because it was aclimating to a new pot. There are tiny bumps that may be new growth or the start of buds.

Periods of dark, coupled with cool temperatures are needed. If you keep them in a hot room, they won’t fully set their buds.
Good luck.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Just back from a morning out kayaking on some wonderfully calm waters just south of Annapolis, MD. Paddled among 1000’s of Canada geese, a small flock of Tundra swans, 100’s of Mallard ducks and many other waterfowl, as well as three Bald Eagles.

Although we had a mini-drought in late Summer that somewhat ruined the Fall Foliage, recent rains have freshened those leaves still on the trees.

56BB2A4E-D845-4EBF-8C49-1BDB1F84BC0B.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning everyone. I had a hedgehog morning again this morning.

This cutey was trouble. She turned her enclosure upside down THREE times! Food and water everywhere!
View attachment 283087

Turn the sound on for this one. This one was very noisily enjoying crunching on cat biscuits :)
Razberri just went through little annoying thing that goes on with her. She goes thru a few days, every so often, and she completely trashes her cage with Timothy. I sweep it up she digs it out. Thankgoodness! That only lasts a few days.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Just back from a morning out kayaking on some wonderfully calm waters just south of Annapolis, MD. Paddled among 1000’s of Canada geese, a small flock of Tundra swans, 100’s of Mallard ducks and many other waterfowl, as well as three Bald Eagles.

Although we had a mini-drought in late Summer that somewhat ruined the Fall Foliage, recent rains have freshened those leaves still on the trees.

View attachment 283102
You go kayaking alot don't you? I love hearing about it. My husband is quite the canoe person. 2 little children I won't get In a canoe until they're older lol. Sounds like you have tons of fun throughout the year

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That’s exactly what I do. If it is important the caller will leave a message. If they don’t then I assume the caller was a scammer.

Caller display on my mobile means I can see who is calling and answer if I choose to. Unrecognised or hidden numbers just get ignored and go through to voicemail.
I have a Panasonic landline. It was cheap cheap. The 2 extra phones with it are cordless and announce who's calling with caller id. It's funny. I actually get calls that state invalid number. So I just sit on my bum and laugh.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

View attachment 283102
Looks so peaceful :)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I can't believe the Apple, Inc. phishing scam's list is so short that they have to revert to calling my number over and again. I'm trying to nap. I just barely get to sleep and the phone rings. It's an automated message telling me of a data breach and I need to call them back from my Apple device. At the end of the message I can hit 1 to talk to someone, or 2 to hang up. So I hit two and closed my eyes again. Same thing happened again just as I was falling asleep. Please believe me when I say that within the last hour they called me SIX times! I've hung up, pressed 1, pressed 2, tried calling the number back (you get a disconnected number recording) and ignored. They're very persistent. I don't even have a cell phone, let alone an Apple. When I hit 1 to talk to a real person it was someone in India and when I asked to have my number removed from their call list they hung up on me. I don't think I'm going to try for my nap anymore today!
THey "legal" aspect is that you must say "Do Not Call Me" anything less than those exact words they can wheedle their way around in it thanks to Semantics!