COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
We've finally had a few frosty nights here, but the days are still up in the upper 50sF. I used to laugh when people said "Global Warming" but maybe there's something to it. I read where some country in Asia is vowing to plant trees in aid of global warming. I just skimmed the headline, so can't really relate the story, but hey! that's a damned good idea, because I've always thought, "So what? what can we (people) do about it.?" Just like the earth turning on its axis (I almost wrote 'axel'), we can't do anything about it, can we?
I know what you mean. That would take everyone changing from here on out...and a gigantic cleanup...but the people that are at least trying are blessed.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Especially with big dog like my Newfoundland Jackson weight management is critical. He always acts like he hasn’t been feed in days too!
Another brother especially liked your card because he has a young female Newfoundland also. If Razberri could learn how to not drop her dewlap in her water bowl she could have a few more crunchies. All I did is stop replacing the wet smooshed kibble. A water bottle isn't an option because she's such a pudgy little laid back bunny type. She doesn't drink enough water that way...and sorry I'm not above using that fact to help her with her diet. She does have Timothy in the meantime.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Cold start this morning, but sunny and blue skies. I couldn't convince my paddling friends to get out on the water....so, I did a short trip.

Yep, the water was cold alright.

View attachment 283985
Wow! Breaking through the ice! That’s beautiful. Bet it was a short trip... LOL

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Another brother especially liked your card because he has a young female Newfoundland also. If Razberri could learn how to not drop her dewlap in her water bowl she could have a few more crunchies. All I did is stop replacing the wet smooshed kibble. A water bottle isn't an option because she's such a pudgy little laid back bunny type. She doesn't drink enough water that way...and sorry I'm not above using that fact to help her with her diet. She does have Timothy in the meantime.
Poor Razberri! I bet she isn’t missing a thing in the world.. ;-). It’s so hard as an owner to see those soulful eyes look up at you hopefully... I’m a sucker! But I am trying to do better. See if you can get us another picture of Razberri... I need to see some softness today:))upload_2019-12-20_13-42-40.pngupload_2019-12-20_13-42-40.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Poor Razberri! I bet she isn’t missing a thing in the world.. ;-). It’s so hard as an owner to see those soulful eyes look up at you hopefully... I’m a sucker! But I am trying to do better. See if you can get us another picture of Razberri... I need to see some softness today:))View attachment 283987View attachment 283986
I'll try to send you a lucky rabbit foot.1211191334_Burst01.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Lol!! I remember when every quarter machine around had those in them dyed all different colors... just made me realize that you dont see them anymore ‍♀️...
You don't look THAT old...are you ancient? Or am I? I probably haven't seen those in at least 40 years. That's probably a good thing. I'd get in trouble. I adore wabbits and I'd have to show them real lucky rabbit feet.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You don't look THAT old...are you ancient? Or am I? I probably haven't seen those in at least 40 years. That's probably a good thing. I'd get in trouble. I adore wabbits and I'd have to show them real lucky rabbit feet.
I’m not! But your memory is shorting you. Maybe you haven’t seen them in 30 years .. then they started phasing out.. I’m pushing 40:) I’m ok with it.. I have earned & enjoyed every year. I was born in the wrong era though... I would have been fine a couple hundred years earlier. TRULY!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It’s happy Saturday, I’m guessing many will be running about to n fro with last minute Christmas preparations. Getting their fresh goose, turkey and spirits. Maybe even trekking out for a fresh Christmas tree.

Meanwhile, I have another separate Christmasy item just starting up. (Need a project while paint dries on the hat project).

The Start

83756933-83FB-4194-B0E1-CB17D9AB75E0.jpeg

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Hope that all went OK and that the results are good.
Thank you for the kind words. Stress test was well stressful. I failed it. I was only able to make it 5 minutes on the treadmill before they had me stop. They found some abnormalities in my heart so I have to have more tests done to determine what is wrong and how to fix it.. that was what I was afraid of. 21 years old and my heart is crap.. thank you everyone for the kind words I'll let you all know how my next set of tests go. I think up next is an echo and probably another stress test. Hope all is well with everyone

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Thank you for the kind words. Stress test was well stressful. I failed it. I was only able to make it 5 minutes on the treadmill before they had me stop. They found some abnormalities in my heart so I have to have more tests done to determine what is wrong and how to fix it.. that was what I was afraid of. 21 years old and my heart is crap.. thank you everyone for the kind words I'll let you all know how my next set of tests go. I think up next is an echo and probably another stress test. Hope all is well with everyone
Also quite freaked out with the results. My heart beats way to fast theredore is working way to are and I've had doctors in the past say sooner or later it's just going to give out because of the stress on it. Ive lost upwards of 30 pounds ive been trying to get my diabetes In check and my blood pressure but I can't seem to rid myself of this problem. Anyone with any suggestions I'm greatful to listen

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Also quite freaked out with the results. My heart beats way to fast theredore is working way to are and I've had doctors in the past say sooner or later it's just going to give out because of the stress on it. Ive lost upwards of 30 pounds ive been trying to get my diabetes In check and my blood pressure but I can't seem to rid myself of this problem. Anyone with any suggestions I'm greatful to listen
I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I hope the doctors are able to find a solution for you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’m not! But your memory is shorting you. Maybe you haven’t seen them in 30 years .. then they started phasing out.. I’m pushing 40:) I’m ok with it.. I have earned & enjoyed every year. I was born in the wrong era though... I would have been fine a couple hundred years earlier. TRULY!!!
Yea I keep forgetting my age issue...and I too was born in the wrong era. Except, I meet so many younger people that feel the same as me. They want the old family ways and are so sentimental that I'm glad to be a grandma for them.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I feel for you. I've been through high pulse rate of 160 beats a minute. When they're done with the tests they'll probably know which blood pressure medication you actually need because some of them control both. Hang in there and I'll be thinking and praying for you.