Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany

Bee62

Germany
My Christmas spirit.. Thank you all!

View attachment 283994

Dear Heather, thank you for your beautiful Christmas Card ! Yes, I believe in the magic spirit of Christmas. Thank you very much my friend. I am wishing you and your family and pets wonderful, great days and a Happy and Holy Christmas.:<3:
Sabine

@EllieMay

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Morning everyone! Hope all is well with y'all.
This weekend I set up at the flea market/trade days. I was hoping that it would be a busy one since it was close to Christmas. But it was a total flop. According to the vendors who regularly setup there, more than half of them were no-shows! Very few shoppers came through.. it was depressing.
I did make one sale that paid for our booth and some of our fuel. I was also commissioned by the folks setup across from us to do a portrait (after new years) of their gypsy vanner stallion. As payment I got this little guy
View attachment 284045
My brother goes through that too. Sometimes he sells a lot and other times not enough. But by word of mouth and getting out there and seen he keeps making some money. Even when you don't expect it. A new family member is worth a million. What a cute puppy!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Dear Heather, thank you for your beautiful Christmas Card ! Yes, I believe in the magic spirit of Christmas. Thank you very much my friend. I am wishing you and your family and pets wonderful, great days and a Happy and Holy Christmas.:<3:
Sabine

@EllieMay
I am so glad you got it! I was scared that I had the address incorrect... I think of you often... especially when I see my beautiful tortoise clock and I know it traveled so far! I do hope you and all your critters have a magical holiday!

Bee62

Germany
I am so glad you got it! I was scared that I had the address incorrect... I think of you often... especially when I see my beautiful tortoise clock and I know it traveled so far! I do hope you and all your critters have a magical holiday!
Thank you for your loving thinking of me. It really means much to me. You are so far away but so near to my heart.:):<3:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
A tornado in the UK that is not political -- wow. There was one in Ottawa last spring, apparently. Also a rare occurrence.

Glad the floods are not causing too much damage. Thinking of you.

We were able to find vegetarian mincemeat here, and separately ground suet, so I'm planning to combine those, and make the pastry following the recipe you shared. :)
Vegetarian mincemeat alone should be fine. They usually use vegetable suet in it. I use it all the time. You don’t need to add more suet to it. Just checkout the ingredients of the mincemeat. Pineapple doesn’t belong in it! Cherries and nuts are optional, but not traditional. Personally, I prefer the simple stuff with no nuts and cherries.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi all. I apologise in advance if I am being thick and haven’t recognised you. I suspect I am about to be embarrassed :(

If any of you has requested to join the TFO Cold Dark Room facebook group and has a real name of Caroline M****a (I anonymised the surname) then could you message me please?

We do ask people joining to give their posting name on TFO when applying to join the FB group and you didn’t, so I am really sorry as I have failed to work out who you are.

Anyone else who wants to join, please use this link... and please answer the question it asks so we know who you are :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/785037581863143/

TFO has its own proper FB group where tortoises get discussed without meerkats and pirates :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tortoiseforum/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Linda: CarolM is a member of our CDR and lives in South Africa. Has posted lots here in this thread. I don't know if that's the same one that's offering to join the FB group, but I'm guessing it is.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Linda: CarolM is a member of our CDR and lives in South Africa. Has posted lots here in this thread. I don't know if that's the same one that's offering to join the FB group, but I'm guessing it is.
But she’s Carolyn M****y ... not a Caroline... and not this surname at all