COLD DARK ROOM

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
You all will recall my fossil hunting trips during end of Summer/early Autumn. My friend who lives near the good collection spots routinely finds really nice sharks teeth. She has a friend that turns them into jewelry.

Look at these new necklaces!

View attachment 285141
They’re gorgeous! Wow! Does she sell them by any chance?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You all will recall my fossil hunting trips during end of Summer/early Autumn. My friend who lives near the good collection spots routinely finds really nice sharks teeth. She has a friend that turns them into jewelry.

Look at these new necklaces!

View attachment 285141
Oh wow! I love the silver drop that holds the chain. Really nice! I bet it’s a grand feeling to see your finds turned into a treasure that will be greatly appreciated..

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Lola was already about 10 inches long when I brought him home, so I can't imagine him as a tiny hatchling.
I'm sure he was very cute though.
I'm glad I got an adult and now I'm to old for a hatchling...but really all I wanted was one little tortoise friend to last for a lifetime. I would have a hard time letting anyone watch him too. Of course it depends on who but...that keeps me trying to outlive him. According to my math I'll have to live until at least a hundred.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi everyone, the bad news is that weekend is nearly over again, but the good news is the next one is only 5 days away!
Hope everyone has had a good couple of days.
Mine has been pretty uneventful but enjoyable.
Next weekend I'll be doing the annual RSPB garden bird survey, and I have quite a lot popping in to my feeding stations at the moment.
I was going to do it last year, but that was the weekend I was hit the by car and ended up in hospital. Can't believe that anniversary has come around already!
Hopefully I'll get through this year in one piece!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I must have gotten scarred for life, after I got fully flashed by my tortoise, is all I can say...everytime I think of that day I find another reason to laugh my head off.
My sister sent me this birthday card - because she likes to buy me tort related gifts and cards
upload_2020-1-19_23-9-46.jpeg

So last week I was telling my family about Lola flashing and how it was disgusting but impressive given the ratio of it to his size...................my family think I need to get out more!:rolleyes:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I had my real deal biology exam on Thursday and I feel confident that I did well. The last question was about MBD in tortoises which was perfect, I wrote so much:D
I'm sure you did well also. That subject is really interesting to me because I have an MBD. Yet my favorite foods are high in calcium. Go figure.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My sister sent me this birthday card - because she likes to buy me tort related gifts and cards
View attachment 285149

So last week I was telling my family about Lola flashing and how it was disgusting but impressive given the ratio of it to his size...................my family think I need to get out more!:rolleyes:
Oh my garsh...well...I haven't seen it since thank the Lord but once you've seen it you're never the same. They're just abusing you by making you roll on the floor laughing more. Although, all the tortoise things are nice.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
A teenager huh.... you just became my favorite person of the day;-) All of the critters are doing well. Tortoises are glad to take advantage of this confusing weather... Toretto is still growing,, he’s gained another lb this past month.. Pickles and Crusher are still inside torts and getting too large to be so.. I am already making plans for a spring build to move them outside... I have been spending some time with horses. My gelding is still a mommas boy and the mare messes up all of our progress. She is spoiled and crazy . I think she needs some where to focus her attention besides my horse. Daughter is too busy to ride her and she hates being left behind so I’m thinking of letting her have a foal... still just an idea at this point... bulldog has become my other child... I feel like people must be tired of seeing her pictures but there’s no way to describe how nuts I am about this dog.. she really was the perfect pick for me.. my ferrets are quite the little tricksters where she’s concerned and love to harass her.. she is the first animal in this house that hasn’t wanted to eat them... LOL

It’s nice that Opo has figured out the poop thing... it sure does make a difference..I bet Rose is grateful for the injections... they seem to be a huge relief.. it’s too bad that the wear off. I hope your finding relief from your physical and your mental pain too. Ray.. hows the grand kids. And mother-in-law?
Oh is that a pic of you? Grandkids are good. I am looking for a house to rent up in Michigan for a month or two. So I can spend some time with them and of course go salmon fishing on lake Michigan. Mother in law has been in the Philippines since oct. She will return next month.
For me the battle continues. My leg stump has swelled up. I can't get my leg on. I have a chronic blood clot in the leg. Going to the doctors today so I can get a order to have a doppler ultrasound done. Keto diet is still going good but I can't weigh myself without my prosthetic leg on. My clothes are fitting a little better so I think I am losing weight. My prosthetic leg weighs about 12 lbs. So I just deduct that from the weight.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I hope rose heals fully and soon <3 & opo continues to do well! It’s always those teenage years that are bad for our torts ;)
Thanks, unfortunately it looks like her fractured vertebraes in her neck might be a lifelong problem. Hopefully not only time will tell.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning everyone and good night to the members across the pond. Hopefully I will get the new ring doorbell installed today. It's top on the honey do list.