COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
We see this type of “drift wood” all of the time. I guess it’s nothing too special in pieces, but masses of these logs like this do look pretty cool.
Yes they look like a natural ready made for you picnic table...But I also really like the drift wood pieces that they eventually become also. Especially for a painting. ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I managed to get a video of Hydra my baby boa yawing, unfortunately I cannot upload a video of it but here is a pic instead.:)View attachment 296207
That’s a really good photo Ben. I post the video to youtube and then use the YouTube link to get it on here. The Media (ie video) link is on the dropdown after the smiley face above the posting box.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Awhile back I posted that I was doing a McIver water/garden fountain from “stuff” in the garden shed. A few old pots, a little pump, plumbers putty & a few plants. It’s now starting to come together. Water Hyacinth are plumping up, the Water Lettuce getting new leaves, Marsh Marigold has bloomed, & taller plant is a blue flowering marsh plant that I pulled up from a few paddles ago. Topper is a little toad that was left in our garden when we moved in.

Other plants in view include self seeded sunflowers, an Elephants Ear, a whacky looking sedum & misc annuals coming up from a mixed seed batch I planted in April. An Aloe Vera that ive had for some time now & a small cactus grown from an old pad.

680B9EA1-4A48-4247-8CB2-763C4EE02DED.jpeg4F5DDEC7-5482-4905-9797-994DDB0331D5.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That’s a really good photo Ben. I post the video to youtube and then use the YouTube link to get it on here. The Media (ie video) link is on the dropdown after the smiley face above the posting box.
My only problem with utube right now is when I watch some videos posted here... it might take over my lock screen. I've had Bee62 singing one of her songs as my lock screen. I would have loved to keep it however it means my phone allowed something...that doesn't happen when I actually go to utube. But oh well... I know how to deal with it now I just restart my phone now and then. Not all of the videos do that.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
A bit overcast today, but on the warming trend.. Tomorrow starts a three-day streak of 90 degree days, heat & humidity too. Good for Sully, not so much for humanoids.

Our gang paddled about 12 miles on the Magothy River, one of the main rivers that feeds the Chesapeake Bay. It was nice to be out in warm, overcast, slight rain. Not good lighting for pix.

I did manage to pick some humongous plantains, some of the largest Ive ever seen. Also a nice large bunch of Red Clover.

ED57DCA5-6123-4810-869A-40A6BF783D60.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It’s still mighty quiet in here.

Here’s another little video of our garden hedgehogs. Last night they spent a long time checking each other out. The smaller one appeared a little afraid of the bigger one.

We have been out to try to see them, but they’re elusive. Hiwever, we can hear one munching food in the feed station right now! Maybe tonight’s the night :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A bit overcast today, but on the warming trend.. Tomorrow starts a three-day streak of 90 degree days, heat & humidity too. Good for Sully, not so much for humanoids.

Our gang paddled about 12 miles on the Magothy River, one of the main rivers that feeds the Chesapeake Bay. It was nice to be out in warm, overcast, slight rain. Not good lighting for pix.

I did manage to pick some humongous plantains, some of the largest Ive ever seen. Also a nice large bunch of Red Clover.

View attachment 296337
I've never been able to find a really good recipe for plantains. Even my Hispanic friends couldn't tell me how. I've fried them like potatoes and they were ok but not quite right. How do you do yours?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It’s still mighty quiet in here.

Here’s another little video of our garden hedgehogs. Last night they spent a long time checking each other out. The smaller one appeared a little afraid of the bigger one.

We have been out to try to see them, but they’re elusive. Hiwever, we can hear one munching food in the feed station right now! Maybe tonight’s the night :)
Oh I hope so... nothing like the real thing;-). They’re so cute!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Well, a bit bummed out. Our “big” kayak adventure trip to Tangier Island that sits out in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay on the Virginia/Maryland border has been cancelled Due to COVID concerns. It’s a small island, just a few BnBs. One is not opening, the other too small for our group. Restaurant(s) are closed - and the “locals” really don’t want mainlanders over. So, trip cancelled. ??

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi everyone I'm just quickly checking in after what has been a very difficult month + for me.
Sadly my brother died on 7th May.
He sailed through his treatment but a week after he finished that he was killed by a blood clot.
We are all devastated to have lost him so soon to something that may have been unavoidable.
We know we would have lost him eventually bit we all thought we would soon be able to spend time which covid has robbed us of because we had to stay away from him.
It is some consolation that he died quickly and that he didn't have to go through a slow decline which the brain tumour would have eventually caused but I still can't quite believe he's gone.
We were only able to hold his funeral yesterday so everything is still quite raw, but I will be back popping in more often soon.
I hope you are all well and happy and I'll see you all soon.
Take care x

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well, a bit bummed out. Our “big” kayak adventure trip to Tangier Island that sits out in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay on the Virginia/Maryland border has been cancelled Due to COVID concerns. It’s a small island, just a few BnBs. One is not opening, the other too small for our group. Restaurant(s) are closed - and the “locals” really don’t want mainlanders over. So, trip cancelled. ??
Well that sucks.. I’ll be sorry to miss the photos!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hi everyone I'm just quickly checking in after what has been a very difficult month + for me.
He sailed through his treatment but a week after he finished that he was killed by a blood clot.
We are all devastated to have lost him so soon to something that may have been unavoidable.
We know we would have lost him eventually bit we all thought we would soon be able to spend time which covid has robbed us of because we had to stay away from him.
It is some consolation that he died quickly and that he didn't have to go through a slow decline which the brain tumour would have eventually caused but I still can't quite believe he's gone.
We were only able to hold his funeral yesterday so everything is still quite raw, but I will be back popping in more often soon.
Take care x
Oh Lyn!!!! Huge hugs for you... so sorry!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Take care x

Such very sad new Lyn, really sad to hear. Hope you & your extended family can hang in there.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster