COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hi everyone I'm just quickly checking in after what has been a very difficult month + for me.
Sadly my brother died on 7th May.
He sailed through his treatment but a week after he finished that he was killed by a blood clot.
We are all devastated to have lost him so soon to something that may have been unavoidable.
We know we would have lost him eventually bit we all thought we would soon be able to spend time which covid has robbed us of because we had to stay away from him.
It is some consolation that he died quickly and that he didn't have to go through a slow decline which the brain tumour would have eventually caused but I still can't quite believe he's gone.
We were only able to hold his funeral yesterday so everything is still quite raw, but I will be back popping in more often soon.
I hope you are all well and happy and I'll see you all soon.
Take care x
I'm so sorry your brother died. I've been wondering about you and your brother...and Lola too. I would hate to lose a brother even if they do smell like fishworms half the time and bicker the rest of the time. I'll be thinking and praying for all of you.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi everyone I'm just quickly checking in after what has been a very difficult month + for me.
He sailed through his treatment but a week after he finished that he was killed by a blood clot.
We are all devastated to have lost him so soon to something that may have been unavoidable.
We know we would have lost him eventually bit we all thought we would soon be able to spend time which covid has robbed us of because we had to stay away from him.
It is some consolation that he died quickly and that he didn't have to go through a slow decline which the brain tumour would have eventually caused but I still can't quite believe he's gone.
We were only able to hold his funeral yesterday so everything is still quite raw, but I will be back popping in more often soon.
Take care x
Oh Lyn! Massive electronic hugs from me to you and your family. This is tragic news that I am so sorry to hear :(

We look forward to not seeing you and, as always, are here to talk when you need us.

Take care x

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Sheesh! I do my grocery shopping online and it's delivered to my door. Today instead of 7 bags of various greens I got 7 bags of green beans - to the tune of $25. The bags of greens would have cost about $16. I don't feed green beans. Why on earth would someone think green beans is an acceptable substitute for leafy greens?
I bought metal roofing at Home Depot. I ordered 6- 8' X 2' panels and waited 3 days to get notice the order was filled. I go to pick up and as the cart is wheeled up to me I notice the panels are 12'. I need 8's since my Subie Outback can only handle 8' for safe interior hauling. The sad part was there were only 2 sheets:oops: UHHHH 6 x(8x2)= 84 square feet and 2x (12x2)= 48 so his basic math is way off. He could have given me 4 sheets and said look almost the same total square feet! But no just 2

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The RAINS RAINS RAINS came & filled everything, buckets, rain barrel, my truck bed, wheel barrel. Hasnt rained in quite some time, so can’t complain.

Our little perennial garden appreciated the liquid gold dropped overnight from the skies. One can hand water, but it’s not the same as a massive soaker.

Hosta here in this pix, along with the Laitrius and Astilbe and Corn Flowers were all picked up at a going out of business sale.
68D91C24-D431-48F7-A1DD-C50867E556E0.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The RAINS RAINS RAINS came & filled everything, buckets, rain barrel, my truck bed, wheel barrel. Hasnt rained in quite some time, so can’t complain.

Our little perennial garden appreciated the liquid gold dropped overnight from the skies. One can hand water, but it’s not the same as a massive soaker.

Hosta here in this pix, along with the Laitrius and Astilbe and Corn Flowers were all picked up at a going out of business sale.
View attachment 296506

A beautiful garden!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

The weather has turned here and, after the sunniest month on record ever for the UK, we have a cool and cloudy June.

May was wall to wall sunshine with 1mm of rain! We keep being threatened with rain, but it’s mostly missing us in Kent (the extreme South East) and I am having to water ewly planted plants to keep them alive. I guess it’s only a matter of time before we have a hose pipe ban again. Our rain butt won’t hold out much longer.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Massive thunder, lightening & rain storms pummeled our area last night. Probably 2-3 inches of rain in a few hours. More storms later today. Good for the weeds n grass. Good for humidity & Sully.
You might have gotten Ohio's leftovers. We had heavy storms about mid afternoon. The only thing I hated was no tv.?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Take care x
Lyn, I'm so sorry. Warmest thoughts.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Well hello Anne!!! Where have you been?
Hello! I've missed you guys! I should have come back sooner. There was sort of a bout of depression in there that may have kept me away a bit longer than it should have. Anywho...

Still in northern Florida. My other half got deployed a couple hours away (Panama City) for a while (late last year, early this year), but ended up coming back home and teleworking due to COVID protocols. It's been nice having him around again, even with everything else (in general, society, etc.) being kind of wonky the last couple months.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Massive thunder, lightening & rain storms pummeled our area last night. Probably 2-3 inches of rain in a few hours. More storms later today. Good for the weeds n grass. Good for humidity & Sully.
Lots of rain this weekend in my neck of the woods, although it looks like the tropical storm force winds will likely stay to the west. T.S. Cristobal may be more inconvenient for @Moozillion.