Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Silence is “golden”?

Wanted to get out on the water for an early morning “sunrise” paddle, but the winds are kicking up from the East, blowing directly across the Chesapeake Bay creating lots of “fetch”. Not the best conditions for solo paddling.
I did watch the early glow...

About 0515, 30 mins before “Sunrise”
View attachment 296776

Not Much Later
View attachment 296777

And Only a few More Mins Later
View attachment 296778
I got to see a planet with the moon this morning. If I had had some energy I would have tried a picture. There was actually 2 with the moon. I only could see one and It was very close to daylight. Lucky you! To catch those pictures.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I wish I had a good camera but I have what I have. The bird that's ALWAYS running it's beak is probably a wren. It multiplied though and they're sticking their beaks out and running their beaks too..finally after 2 years someone decided to take up house keeping in my birdie box.

Attachments

• 0609202009.jpg
    0609202009.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 6

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wow Ray, sounds like a great fishing trip & adventure. Stay with the PT!
Yes it should be great. My lifelong fishing buddy and I had the same trip planned years ago. He became ill and we nevermade the trip. Figured I better do it while I can.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I wish I had a good camera but I have what I have. The bird that's ALWAYS running it's beak is probably a wren. It multiplied though and they're sticking their beaks out and running their beaks too..finally after 2 years someone decided to take up house keeping in my birdie box.
That’s sweet.. no worries on the quality... any pic is a good pic;-)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yes it should be great. My lifelong fishing buddy and I had the same trip planned years ago. He became ill and we nevermade the trip. Figured I better do it while I can.

Ok... what’s going on Ray?? Where have you been now? We have really got to liven up the dark around here! How are Rose and Opo? Heard any good jokes lately??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That’s sweet.. no worries on the quality... any pic is a good pic;-)
I really like the camera on eBay that Marco2bear talked about. I would enjoy a good camera even used. Just as a back up so I always have a camera available. Sometimes my phone really needs charged and I don't have a camera. Danged animals. I think they plan when to do cute stuff. So they don't get shot...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I really like the camera on eBay that Marco2bear talked about. I would enjoy a good camera even used. Just as a back up so I always have a camera available. Sometimes my phone really needs charged and I don't have a camera. Danged animals. I think they plan when to do cute stuff. So they don't get shot...

Lol!! I have noticed that there’s never a lens handy when the recordable stuff is going onL ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes. You have to. I'm doing my normal stuff through this virus thing as usual. I do always wash my hands because I wash dishes, take care of animals, stay out of crowds and etc ETC ETC..
To be with your son and other close friends outside fishing doesn't sound risky to me. It sounds more like doctors orders. Will Rose be there?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That sounds like an awesome trip!!! Time to get fit:)
I am excited. The boat is beautiful. Its a catamaran style boat 46' long. Each bunk is the size of a queen size bed. The boat was all upgraded last year. They even have some rods with electric reels. If I have problems using my prosthetic arm.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So I have received two calls in the past week for baby fawn rescues... one we were able to get placed in a high fence ranch and one ( best scenario of all) we got back to the mother ... YAY!!!
Sweet. I'm only asking out of curiosity. Are they calling you because you are involved with a rescue or because everybody knows animals love you? I'll bet it's the latter...?