COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
That sounds like a goal and a lot of fun. Since it's part of your recovery, it would be nice if the insurance could supply that and possibly something elevated. Getting off the floor sounds hard after exercising. But best hopes and prayers for all of it.
I can get back in my chair when I am on the ground with no problem. A few months ago I got my electric wheelchair stuck outside. Nobody was home so I called the fire department. I got out of the chair so it was easier for them to get it unstuck. Then they asked what's the best way for us to get you back in your chair. I told them just stand back and watch. They were impressed.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I am excited. The boat is beautiful. Its a catamaran style boat 46' long. Each bunk is the size of a queen size bed. The boat was all upgraded last year. They even have some rods with electric reels. If I have problems using my prosthetic arm.
Whose boat is it ?? Are you fishing for something in particular?? I can’t wait and it’s your trip, lol! So this time next year?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Sweet. I'm only asking out of curiosity. Are they calling you because you are involved with a rescue or because everybody knows animals love you? I'll bet it's the latter...?

Both sort of.. I have extensive history with rescues and WF&G... lately though, it’s mostly history and who you know;-) I always help when I can but I mostly facilitate the care now instead of giving it... I always end up with a couple orphans in the spring at least long enough to find them a place...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ok... what’s going on Ray?? Where have you been now? We have really got to liven up the dark around here! How are Rose and Opo? Heard any good jokes lately??
Everything is fine. I just needed to take a break from everything. I was getting overwhelmed with just a daily routine.
Been a week since I have been on my leg.
But my attitude is getting better and I turned the ringer back on my phone.
So I will be around. Rose and Opo are doing fine.
I have jokes but we can't get political here.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Whose boat is it ?? Are you fishing for something in particular?? I can’t wait and it’s your trip, lol! So this time next year?
It's a charter boat out of Key West. On our way out we will be trolling for Maui Maui,King Mackerel and bigger game fish. Then we will be anchored and fishing reefs and wrecks for groupers, different species of snappers and amberjack and different bottom feeding fish. You can fish anytime of the day or night.
The trip starts April 26th next year.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes. You have to. I'm doing my normal stuff through this virus thing as usual. I do always wash my hands because I wash dishes, take care of animals, stay out of crowds and etc ETC ETC..
To be with your son and other close friends outside fishing doesn't sound risky to me. It sounds more like doctors orders. Will Rose be there?
Rose and her mother will be in Key West where we will leave on the boat. They will stay back and enjoy shopping. Rose doesn't handle rocking boats to well.
I always had to take her fishing on lake Michigan when the water was real calm.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Rose and her mother will be in Key West where we will leave on the boat. They will stay back and enjoy shopping. Rose doesn't handle rocking boats to well.
One more question.....? How is Opo doing in the yard now?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's a charter boat out of Key West. On our way out we will be trolling for Maui Maui,King Mackerel and bigger game fish. Then we will be anchored and fishing reefs and wrecks for groupers, different species of snappers and amberjack and different bottom feeding fish. You can fish anytime of the day or night.
The trip starts April 26th next year.
I am looking forward to photos of that! Or maybe you’ll find you have a stowaway ;) :D

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning All! I hope everyone has an amazing day! I have started the gathering of supplies for the little trip to bolivar peninsula... I’m having trouble finding chicken necks of all things which is my favorite bait for crabbing ?

Funny thing...when we go crabbing, we used to look for necks, but the drum sticks were actually as cheap & easier to string up! Good luck on the trip! Ps - careful with CORONA, it’s really on the rise there in Tx!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi all...just checking in...frankly...I'm having a hard time...severe pain in my hip and back...was in hosp...then home...can't sit stand or lay down...hurts bad...Started on June 2nd, have had a dts appt for tomorrow finally. Can't figure out what good is a drs office closed on Mondays...my DR is ONLY there on Tuesdays and Fridays...jerks...
Finally finished with Knobby's new digs....he seems to be pretty happy nosing around everything...and I am pretty happy
watching him. The bird bath and the corner...

..100_3790.JPG100_3792.JPG
Oh crap!!! Did I break some unwritten rule about talking about tortoises here??? Sorry....

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Hi all...just checking in...frankly...I'm having a hard time...severe pain in my hip and back...was in hosp...then home...can't sit stand or lay down...hurts bad...Drs appt tomorrow. Started on June 2nd, have had a dts appt for tomorrow finally. Can't figure out what good is a drs office closed on Mondays...my DR is ONLY there on Tuesdays and Fridays...jerks...
Finally finished with Knobby's new digs....he seems to be pretty happy nosing around everything...and I am pretty happy

..View attachment 297027View attachment 297028
Oh crap!!! Did I break some unwritten rule about talking about tortoises here??? Sorry....

I swear sometimes....Sully’s have the worst perspective of where they can fit! They just go into bulldozer mode, low gear and plow.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Rose and I are on the same page with the rocking. I can't stand it in a car either. I've always hated that. If you're small it's way worse. Glad to see moms back. Sounds like fun for everyone.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Both sort of.. I have extensive history with rescues and WF&G... lately though, it’s mostly history and who you know;-) I always help when I can but I mostly facilitate the care now instead of giving it... I always end up with a couple orphans in the spring at least long enough to find them a place...
Nice. People care and don't know what to do. It's kinda like what happened with a turtle that I somehow got stuck with a couple of days. The whole thing started when my next door neighbors found the turtle trying to cross a very busy street in front of our homes. Cats were also bothering the poor turtle. They thought Saphire somehow got loose so they brought her to me. I kept her a couple of days and fed her but released her very close to the spot she was picked up. She didn't leave right away so we watched from the living room window. First she came and scratched at my front door. Then she played around in my flower bed. Finally she left but she didn't try to cross the street again. There is a small river a couple of blocks the opposite way. I believe she went home. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi all...just checking in...frankly...I'm having a hard time...severe pain in my hip and back...was in hosp...then home...can't sit stand or lay down...hurts bad...Started on June 2nd, have had a dts appt for tomorrow finally. Can't figure out what good is a drs office closed on Mondays...my DR is ONLY there on Tuesdays and Fridays...jerks...

..View attachment 297027View attachment 297028
Nope. You didn't break a rule. Once upon a time I watched Saphire climb a wall. He managed to move his stuff around to facilitate it. Once he got things in place it was really like he was walking on flat ground. Just walked up the wall. The problem is what walks up must fall down (after their backs not against the stuff) AND he was an upside down turdess. Sorry I was laughing my head off. Taught me more then it did him I hope. Fingers crossed.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can get back in my chair when I am on the ground with no problem. A few months ago I got my electric wheelchair stuck outside. Nobody was home so I called the fire department. I got out of the chair so it was easier for them to get it unstuck. Then they asked what's the best way for us to get you back in your chair. I told them just stand back and watch. They were impressed.
It's strange that I just now saw this post today because I'm on here everyday. I'm impressed also. That's a hard leap. But the two of you are amazing people so I'm not surprised.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I actually bought the pentax w90 on eBay. It wasn't the green one. But it's coming with everything that came with it including the box originally...and the book even disc. I don't care if I have to buy a new battery. I do feel that someone that took care of a camera in that way, I won't lose a dime.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I actually bought the pentax w90 on eBay. It wasn't the green one. But it's coming with everything that came with it including the box originally...and the book even disc. I don't care if I have to buy a new battery. I do feel that someone that took care of a camera in that way, I won't lose a dime.

Great.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It has the book, box, CD, wires, and everything that came originally. We'll see. It was so cheap (only $50) that I wondered what's wrong. The seller has 5star ratings for 11 years on eBay though. I'll bet I love it. I'd rather have a brand new battery anyway. If I even need it. I'm in love and I haven't gotten it yet.