COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Hazy muggy & going to get hot again today. With “Feels Like” temps over 100 degrees F again this afternoon. Impossible to do anything outside! Luckily the afternoon thunderstorms brought tons of rain, but added to the mugginess of It all. The mornings are just as uncomfortable - soggy wet feeling.

Our Sully is loving both the heat & humidity & the rain! Happy as a pig in mud when it’s raining! Banana, hibiscus, mandevillia all loving it as well.

We’re starting to rethink Florida as a move location......maybe Maine or New Hampshire or Vermont. Cool temperatures, Seasons, plenty of water. No oppressive heat!
I awoke to heavy rain outside this morning. It rained three or four times here yesterday. Definitely the rainy season for North Florida. If it doesn't rain, it's uncomfortably hot. No shortage of humidity here, either.

Yeah, I much preferred summers in the UK.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh yay!!! I love to see pics... and your darling IS darling:)
I'm really happy with Saphire's health. TFO has really helped me clarify though my strengths and weaknesses in his care. I ordered him online. That should tell you everything. I decided to keep him and try to help him instead of sending him back. He's a real joy and a learning experience. He's not a large Russian because of what he went through but he's active, hilariously funny, and eats pretty good. Yes he is my little darling walking rock.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning All! I’m an hour in on a road trip to Houston. Taking my dad to the MD Anderson Cancer Center... He was diagnosed with Lung Cancer a few weeks back and we have been doing lots of testing. Have gotten lots of info yet still don’t know a lot about how bad it’s not!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! ’ll be checking in:)
Hope everything goes well and you all get your info quickly. Not knowing is awful.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am from Ohio and can't get far away enough from snow/cold. Richmond is a far North as I will ever live. Our Summers are no picnic, but just slightly less apocolyptic as yours! :p ?
I've not seen a true Ohio winter in a few years. This past year what little snow we had melted almost by noon. I would rather do a summer in Florida any day then here. Rain washes the air daily. I actually did way better there because I don't mind hot weather. We've had an air quality alert for 2 days with no end in sight. We need a good rain. The only reason I moved back is I missed my family.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good Afternoon all,
It is 12:03 here in Cape Town and the fog is out. And maybe a little bit of sun shine as well. I woorked in the complex garden on Saturday, my body is definitely telling me that I did, but you cannot really see it when looking at the garden. Oh well time will tell.

by the sounds of it there were good weekends and not so good ones in the CDR. I hope the week goes better for all though.

It is back to sitting in an office while I wait around for some work. I hate sitting and twiddling my thumbs. I am pretty sure there are people who love doing nothing and getting paid for it, but I am not one of those people.

Oh well, what can i do other than to wait for the work to start happening. (Yeah yeah, I am always looking forward to the weekend, because I can chill out, but there is a difference of chilling at home and working in the garden and or doing some art projects compared to sitting and doing nothing).

Have a good week.
Until later.
C
If I'm having a rough day with my health that's what bothers me the most. I think of all the things I could or should be doing but can't. It sucks being an active person not being able to be active.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If I'm having a rough day with my health that's what bothers me the most. I think of all the things I could or should be doing but can't. It sucks being an active person not being able to be active.
. . . or being an active person who's now too old and feeble to be active!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Yep. I didn't know you liked crochet. Some days that's all I can do to have something to do. (In between critters.) I loved it when I was young too. Cool.
I like crochet too. Self taught, mostly. I haven't done any crochet in a while because the weather has been uncomfortably warm. Usually when I'm working on a crochet project, there's a cat in my lap and the project resting on top of the cat.