COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
In my part of Florida, we might get a little rain... If that.
I'm sending good thoughts to everyone on the East Coast.
We've had rain showers on and off all day. The temperature hasn't gone much over 70° all day. After 90's for days I'm not complaining. I had to turn on a little bit of heat for Sapphire and he's not happy. He can't go out and play so he is mad.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Aw
We've had rain showers on and off all day. The temperature hasn't gone much over 70° all day. After 90's for days I'm not complaining. I had to turn on a little bit of heat for Sapphire and he's not happy. He can't go out and play so he is mad.
awww poor sapphire. I’m sure he will forgive you.
wish it would rain here lol. It’s 7:43pm. I’ve been out since just gone 9:45am this morning Walking the countryside. I’m on way home now. About 9 miles ish away. Heat is still wow.
I know our temps are nothing like yours but 26c and I’m cooking ?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I’m honestly not sure now. I was going to get her cleaned up and try to find her a home but she is so comfortable here when she was wild as all get out before... I have been calling her Rig dog...
I have an 11 year old lab that lost his mate a few months ago to cancer and he’s been depressed ever since.. they seem to get along so she may be good for him??? She did well here last night and settled right in. When I checked on her this morning, her and Duke were laying together by the back door... I did not want another dog But I just don’t know. Will play it by ear I guess..
Tell Duke he's going to have to take care of her... ;)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Aw

awww poor sapphire. I’m sure he will forgive you.
wish it would rain here lol. It’s 7:43pm. I’ve been out since just gone 9:45am this morning Walking the countryside. I’m on way home now. About 9 miles ish away. Heat is still wow.
I know our temps are nothing like yours but 26c and I’m cooking ?
August is usually the hottest month here. Temps will probably go back up. Then autumn. That's when I can get him out all day. I'm looking forward to it for his sake and mine. Our yard gets so hot even a tortoise can't stand it. So I usually can't get him out until the afternoon. Soon.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
August is usually the hottest month here. Temps will probably go back up. Then autumn. That's when I can get him out all day. I'm looking forward to it for his sake and mine. Our yard gets so hot even a tortoise can't stand it. So I usually can't get him out until the afternoon. Soon.
Aww bless him. I wish we had weather like that here but as I mentioned even 26c I feel like I’m melting. We don’t get huge heat waves like you guys do. Hottest here was other day where I am it hit 34c. A recorded haha

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Tell Duke he's going to have to take care of her... ;)
Yeahhhh... about that..... I think a trip to the vet is in order... Duke is old but his equipment has not been altered... I know nothing about her... I definitely do not want to find a litter of puppies outside in a few months if this is indeed going to be her permanent residence....

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I am really hoping for an early fall!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hey that’s not bad... maybe I could make it a little more feminine with Rigsy??
Arrow picked his name. He kept looking like an arrow head while swimming. Then he would spread his tail and looked like a beautiful butterfly. So I went online for good names for a fish. The name Arrow popped up. It was the name of a famous whale with a beautiful tail. It fit to a t. But it took me days.