COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good mornooning all.

lUnlike @Mystic_Queen , the new lockdown has made little difference to life for us here. JoesDad and Daughter continue to work from home. Daughter needs to find a new flat, but that’s on hold until after lockdown.

I am continuing at the rescue on Mondays and Fridays. We aren’t training new volunteers any more, so I get to do more animal handling and less training. I did a trip to the Swan Sanctuary with a Grey Heron that had a broken leg. It’s quite a long trip, but they have better facilities than us for us with water birds.
View attachment 311018
And here are some of the ones who I have worked with.

A Sparrowhawk that was released this week.
View attachment 311020
A Kestrel also released this week
View attachment 311021
And hedgehogs of course
View attachment 311022
View attachment 311023
And finally a Tawny Owl glaring at me yesterday
View attachment 311024
It always cheers me up to see the animals you get to help.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Agree with Ellie May....that heat myth was really a myth.... cases here in the US just continued to climb and climb. More gatherings at beaches and campsites and activities. It spreads - hot or cold. We’re sadly going back into serious lock down mode again.....
Most of OH is level 3 and the county next to us (where a lot of people from here work) is close to level 4. I guess it's time to stalk up the toilet paper.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nope. Nah ah... I don't believe it for one second that you are dumb. You are just trying to get us to believe that for some reason. Has Adam given you a mission again that we don't know about... I ask as I peer around the corner to see if there are any agents lurking about.
?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Don't worry about it Linda, One of us could also have done it. Besides most of us are just using last years list with one or two more people we have requested specifically for their address as we would like to include them for our own evil agendas. Wink wink and an extra Wink for good luck. ??
I finally took down last year's cards from the exchange yesterday. And started doing this year's. Sorry, but Chefdenoel10, I have her procrastination beat ?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Most of OH is level 3 and the county next to us (where a lot of people from here work) is close to level 4. I guess it's time to stalk up the toilet paper.?
Just did that for my in-laws last week while we were in Ohio! On each every trip out, they laughed but I remember how it was in VA at the beginning of the year

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It does at first. Then the age doesn't show. I'd rather know . Ok so I'm old and someone else is young. Really, I've met some young people here that I respect their opinions on animal care. It's inspiring to see a young person that involved. The same with the older people. It's just nice to see all the different ages of people that get drawn here for the love of torts ?
I agree @TechnoCheese for being a younger age is very knowledgeable about torts.