COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Oh, it was great. We had beef tacos, chicken tacos, turkey tacos all with Chorizo, refried beans, and cheese, guacamole, white corn tortillas, flour tortillias, and regular corn tortillias. The food was simply really good. The company was, shall I say, different. Alyx was dressed like an Ompa loompa, make up was perfect, and their partner Zo was sporting a black rock n Roll t shirt, Black lives matter, they (Zo) has a very high curly black mohock, the sides being shaved bald and they are both really nice people, strange and weird. They made me laugh so hard a Giant fart came out and then everybody tried to fart and we were all laughing so hard at these farts nobody would believe that we were all adults laughing like little kids.
Here are the latest photo of my last clutch of parakeets:
View attachment 311858
And, yes, they are beautiful. Anytime I saw these 2 babies, they are together like Conjoined Twins.
View attachment 311859
Your hilarious!!! Sounds awesome all the way around except the hot air.. I get enough of that around hear :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evenooning all. Mission accomplished with our internet service provider. It took 2 HOURS! ?☹️

I started and then JoesDad took over and drove a hard bargain. The company also provides our satellite tv package so we did a deal involving both and have got both upgraded AND we are paying £25 per month less as well :)

This afternoon Daughter had an appointment at the ostepath so I took her. And then I tried a new recipe for dinner: mushroom & stilton pudding. A suet crust pudding filled with layers of garlic mushroom, stilton cheese, caramelised onion and spinach. It was yummmy!

i forgot to take a photo though! Sorry!

I hope everyone is recovering from their Thanksgiving indigestion! :D
So glad the internet service worked out favorable.. seems you have to do that every few years to keep your bill at a favorable level..? Hope daughters appointment went well and y’all got to enjoy the savory supper.. it’s sounds great.. ( I Love garlic and cheese!)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
This morning we took daughter to the next town over for lab checks for meds at 6am... then We went to IHOP for an early breakfast and on to the Christmas tree farm... we were back home with a 10-1/2’ fir by 11am... it’s currently standing but I dont believe I’ll start decorating until tomorrow..

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sounds like it was a blast. Those are the good memories that we need to keep.
My friend who is studying to be a vet also has budgies. As part of his project for his studies. He has this little one that hatched not so long ago.
I see a dash of color, but mostly white. I breed yellow, and white. I am trying for a pure white bird. But mine have a spot of green.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
What in the world is a suet crust? Just wondering ... ?️?️??
It’s a type of pastry.

It’s literally a mixture of flour and shredded suet (I use vegetable suet)

It’s very easy to make. 2 parts flour to 1 part suet. Mix together. Add water until you have a dough. Roll out.

It makes a good pie crust for savoury pies.

Or in this case, I lined a pudding basin with it, filled it and then topped it with a circle of suet crust to make a pudding :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The water looks as smooth as glass. Is it deep there?

Deep in some places, but surprisingly shallow in others. The depth changes a lot based on silt collection during storms. The main channels are pretty deep and lead out into the Chesapeake Bay - from there the World’s your oyster.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

It’s been a lovely still and sunny day today... a tad chilly, but that’s manageable!

Daughter wanted to do a Harvest Mouse survey this afternoon. She needed to check an area that we did together 3 years ago. It’s behind the Aldi supermarket and the golf driving range by the river - not exactly somewhere you think might be brimming with nature.

We weren’t disappointed and found nests again. Harvest mice are tiny. A family would have been raised in the nest in my hand. There’s no doorway, they force their way in through the woven grass and close it up behind them.

F8132A59-DE38-42BA-8932-02FEB1E402A0.jpeg
BF8AEE8F-35B9-4EA0-816F-7B50C9C626A6.jpeg
6DAA26FE-A2A0-493E-910F-598A40F8543D.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It’s a type of pastry.

It’s literally a mixture of flour and shredded suet (I use vegetable suet)

It’s very easy to make. 2 parts flour to 1 part suet. Mix together. Add water until you have a dough. Roll out.

It makes a good pie crust for savoury pies.

Or in this case, I lined a pudding basin with it, filled it and then topped it with a circle of suet crust to make a pudding :)
I've always thought of suet as great birddie food for the winter. I even have recipes to make my own for birds. I don't think I've seen the shredded in our grocery stores.?