COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Good evening all, I'm a bit late popping in today but hope you're all having a good Tuesday.
Nothing much happening here.
The wind is picking up and some heavy rain is expected overnight but then it will be dry and warm for the rest of the week.
I should be pleased but it just means the nasty neighbours will be crawling out from under their rocks and I won't be able to enjoy my garden in peace.
Never mind, I'm sure it will bring some much needed sunshine for most people.
Had to remove the car battery to recharge it because as it was dead as a dodo yesterday evening.
I'm not using it much at the moment and keep forgetting to run the engine to keep the battery ticking over.
It's fine now and I was able to take my nephew for the first of his covid jabs today.
Apart from that I'm just plodding on.
Anyway, I'm off to bed now so will say Nos Da - not see you all tomorrow.

Hello Lyn,
I hope all is still going well for you.
I just wanted to share my advice with you to avoid your nasty neighbors (as I have my own).... now when I go outside I wear my ear phones or a pair of head phones. Even if I just have the music on low I still feel like I am in a different world and don’t pay two cents for what they are doing around me outside. I just go on about my business.
If I still feel uncomfortable I just turn the music up louder! IT REALLY WORKS!!!
I am sooo tired of hiding away and they get to enjoy life.. someone once told me this and it is very WISE advice....
“Don’t EVER let anyone steal YOUR joy.”
That always stuck with me...
Now I have music and candles and incense and a smile on my face.. now when they slam doors or bang stuff around I can’t hear it and I do my OWN banging now...
Feeellllssss grrreeeat!! ?
Wishing the best for you! ❤️

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: Today we did a cruise through Doubtful Sound out to the Tasman Sea. Just getting there is an adventure as it requires an hour on a boat to cross Lake Manapouri and then an hour on a bus on an unsurfaced track to cross over a pass to the Sound itself.

The views were magnificent. The fjord gets 8 metres of rain a year so we were lucky to be there on a dry day. The resident seals looked like they had partied hard the previous night.
2797F48E-2422-477E-9445-F90FE2774642.jpeg8AEB3B37-A86F-4C5C-A3D0-5B70B90391B1.jpeg1465CC77-E527-4603-ABFD-7A30BE3C8CF9.jpeg53459BA6-1B9E-4F4D-8C85-8B9F54F01158.jpeg914FF44E-A476-4B16-AF89-DC718BF98165.jpegFAC1E365-D3FD-49E9-AA77-B1A37A5ED753.jpeg1D655519-0AD2-4E25-88A6-9865976CF7B7.jpeg8E95CA07-0B9A-4293-A4BB-A68CC9C2E937.jpegD8402827-B030-41D5-8A95-12E6662CAF57.jpeg92C6EA9D-627C-479F-ACA8-7FF097C6FA98.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: Today we did a cruise through Doubtful Sound out to the Tasman Sea. Just getting there is an adventure as it requires an hour on a boat to cross Lake Manapouri and then an hour on a bus on an unsurfaced track to cross over a pass to the Sound itself.

The views were magnificent. The fjord gets 8 metres of rain a year so we were lucky to be there on a dry day. The resident seals looked like they had partied hard the previous night.
View attachment 319115View attachment 319116View attachment 319117View attachment 319118View attachment 319119View attachment 319120View attachment 319121View attachment 319122View attachment 319123View attachment 319124
Absolutely stunning!
You're right about the seals - 'never again!!!':D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Dull and damp here as expected.
Lola is up and about though after 2 days of room service again.
They were showing footage on UK News of the rescued turtles being released back into the warmer seas . Lovely to see
Lets hope they'll all be OK now.

Have a good day!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Red sky in morning shepherds/sailors warning!

Yeah....there’s actually a “Small Craft Warning” for parts of the lower Chesapeake Bay area later today. Gusty winds up to 25 knots or so. I’m going out kayaking now for a few hours, hopefully before the winds pick up. There’s a nice warm front blowing up from the South....

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yeah....there’s actually a “Small Craft Warning” for parts of the lower Chesapeake Bay area later today. Gusty winds up to 25 knots or so. I’m going out kayaking now for a few hours, hopefully before the winds pick up. There’s a nice warm front blowing up from the South....
Sound like our forecast for the weekend - enjoy your kayaking.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
IN KNEE HIGH BLACK SPIKED BOOTS!!!
??????
??????????

You... I mean.... that girl was a saint!!!
??
Did “she” end up throwing the cow/horse ? filled boots out??? ?????

Where is Chubbs!???
He has gotta read this one!!
I am SURE he will have a funny comment!!
@chubbs

? oooo...Maggie.. you sure do have good stories...about “OTHER” people...???
Of course she didn't throw out the boots. Seriously, the sickie discovered that ya sink into the dirt in 5 inch spikes. hahahahahahaha

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

View attachment 319115View attachment 319116View attachment 319117View attachment 319118View attachment 319119View attachment 319120View attachment 319121View attachment 319122View attachment 319123View attachment 319124
Looks just like Oregon...NOT!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Of course she didn't throw out the boots. Seriously, the sickie discovered that ya sink into the dirt in 5 inch spikes. hahahahahahaha
My Great Aunty Rhonnie became a cause for concern whe she was in her late 80's because she started falling when she was out in her in her garden. It eventually came to light that she was wearing her stilettoes when she went out to peg her washing on the line, and the heels would sink in the grass causing her to fall. I had to hide them.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
IN KNEE HIGH BLACK SPIKED BOOTS!!!
??????
??????????

You... I mean.... that girl was a saint!!!
??
Did “she” end up throwing the cow/horse ? filled boots out??? ?????

Where is Chubbs!???
He has gotta read this one!!
I am SURE he will have a funny comment!!
@chubbs

? oooo...Maggie.. you sure do have good stories...about “OTHER” people...???
I know she didn't. That's the point of wearing boots with heels ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It’s a solid 60 degrees outside here today & sunny & bright. I’m just back from a few hours on the water. Gusty start, but I was able to stay out of the direct wind and found lots of calm coves. Lots of bird activity, many mature and immature Bald Eagles, a pair of Tundra Swans, Great Blue Herons, one Pileated Woodpecker, many geese & ducks.
Many soaring vultures, hawks as well.

An Icy Cove
E19EF0D6-0D56-488C-A019-34F5B4F92F7E.jpeg

Spring-Like Morning
877089C5-6A6E-4628-B800-49A3CBABCBC3.jpeg

An Abandoned Fishing Hut
7E944E12-BE53-4FB5-8A9C-35778A5BCAB0.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello Lyn,
I hope all is still going well for you.
I just wanted to share my advice with you to avoid your nasty neighbors (as I have my own).... now when I go outside I wear my ear phones or a pair of head phones. Even if I just have the music on low I still feel like I am in a different world and don’t pay two cents for what they are doing around me outside. I just go on about my business.
If I still feel uncomfortable I just turn the music up louder! IT REALLY WORKS!!!
I am sooo tired of hiding away and they get to enjoy life.. someone once told me this and it is very WISE advice....
“Don’t EVER let anyone steal YOUR joy.”
That always stuck with me...
Now I have music and candles and incense and a smile on my face.. now when they slam doors or bang stuff around I can’t hear it and I do my OWN banging now...
Feeellllssss grrreeeat!! ?
Wishing the best for you! ❤
Yes! Never let anything steal your joy, from just being u. My mom always told me if you want peace go to the graveyard. I was thinking well... I'll take this crap any day ????

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all.
Dull and damp here as expected.
Lola is up and about though after 2 days of room service again.
They were showing footage on UK News of the rescued turtles being released back into the warmer seas . Lovely to see
Lets hope they'll all be OK now.

Have a good day!
Yeah!!!! My birds are finally hanging around again. After that cold polar vortex I didn't see hardly any. I'm glad I fattened them up before it happened.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It’s a solid 60 degrees outside here today & sunny & bright. I’m just back from a few hours on the water. Gusty start, but I was able to stay out of the direct wind and found lots of calm coves. Lots of bird activity, many mature and immature Bald Eagles, a pair of Tundra Swans, Great Blue Herons, one Pileated Woodpecker, many geese & ducks.

An Icy Cove
View attachment 319149

Spring-Like Morning
View attachment 319150

An Abandoned Fishing Hut
View attachment 319151

Holy cr*p! The mat empty hut looks better than MY HOUSE!!! ?
The thing about covid that stinks is when you go to fix your house and
EVERY piece of wood within 50miles is
SOLD OUT!!! ?
Where did you say that ABANDONED hut was???? ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes! Never let anything steal your joy, from just being u. My mom always told me if you want peace go to the graveyard. I was thinking well... I'll take this crap any day ????

It’s sooooo funny you say that because I ALWAYS tell my husband....
The next house we get is gonna be next to a grave yard ON ALL SIDES!!!!! ??
Glad you have good advice for me!!
Thanks I’ll remember that a lot!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

An Icy Cove
View attachment 319149

Spring-Like Morning
View attachment 319150

An Abandoned Fishing Hut
View attachment 319151
Hut? Gimme the address, I'm movin in...