COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I've spent the day in first an urgent care and then an ER. Joe has pneumonia but there's good news with that too. Instead of keeping him (which would have been horrible for him) they let me bring him home. The other good thing I learned is he doesn't have covid-19 again. For the first time today I heard from medical professionals that it's very rare for people to get it again after recovering from it. I was really afraid I had made a big mistake letting him return to some normal activities. He won't allow them to vaccinate him because of things he's seen online on his iPad. So it's a happy sad day ??

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I've spent the day in first an urgent care and then an ER. Joe has pneumonia but there's good news with that too. Instead of keeping him (which would have been horrible for him) they let me bring him home. The other good thing I learned is he doesn't have covid-19 again. For the first time today I heard from medical professionals that it's very rare for people to get it again after recovering from it. I was really afraid I had made a big mistake letting him return to some normal activities. He won't allow them to vaccinate him because of things he's seen online on his iPad. So it's a happy sad day ??
I'm glad they let your husband come home but pneumonia is nothing to mess with either. Take care, both of you!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm glad they let your husband come home but pneumonia is nothing to mess with either. Take care, both of you!!
He's my developmentally disabled deaf mute brother. I think they may have had 2 thoughts about this. Because of his disabilities and they trusted me also they let him come home. Usually I think they would have kept him because he's 62 years with high blood pressure. He wouldn't have done well in the hospital because you have to know how to communicate with him. I seem to be one of the few that can. Truely though you just have to have some patience sometimes and throw a hissy fit other times ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

I am sooo sorry to hear this!
Please tell Joe to stay home and take lots of chicken soup!! The broth REALLY helps.
I had walking pneumonia 3 times and it was like a train had hit me only to go to the bathroom a few steps away!?
Pneumonia is nothing to relax about. If he doesn’t want hospital care (and I can understand that) please make him stay IN BED!!!! It took me 6weeks at least to feel better and I was in my prime at the time!!
You don’t just bounce back it takes time and rest!!
Lots of luck!! ???
And keep yourself healthy tooo!!!!!!
Drink “electrolytes”!!!!!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
He's my developmentally disabled deaf mute brother. I think they may have had 2 thoughts about this. Because of his disabilities and they trusted me also they let him come home. Usually I think they would have kept him because he's 62 years with high blood pressure. He wouldn't have done well in the hospital because you have to know how to communicate with him. I seem to be one of the few that can. Truely though you just have to have some patience sometimes and throw a hissy fit other times ??
I have a niece with Angelman's Syndrome who is severely handicapped so i understand. She is also mute. Unfortunately, my ex-sister-in-law has cut all of us out of her daughter's life because my brother-in-law had the temerity to remarry & we're just terrible, awful people. Sigh....

So your brother is blessed to have you in his life & it's good you"re there to help him.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am sooo sorry to hear this!
Please tell Joe to stay home and take lots of chicken soup!! The broth REALLY helps.
I had walking pneumonia 3 times and it was like a train had hit me only to go to the bathroom a few steps away!?
Pneumonia is nothing to relax about. If he doesn’t want hospital care (and I can understand that) please make him stay IN BED!!!! It took me 6weeks at least to feel better and I was in my prime at the time!!
You don’t just bounce back it takes time and rest!!
Lots of luck!! ???
And keep yourself healthy tooo!!!!!!
Drink “electrolytes”!!!!!
Yes and I always keep Pedialyte in the house for that. My favorite is the mixed fruit flavored. Now I keep an unflavored in the house too. Thanks to your post. I'm sure it was on here before but that was the first time I saw that info. It's interesting how the forum works.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a niece with Angelman's Syndrome who is severely handicapped so i understand. She is also mute. Unfortunately, my ex-sister-in-law has cut all of us out of her daughter's life because my brother-in-law had the temerity to remarry & we're just terrible, awful people. Sigh....

So your brother is blessed to have you in his life & it's good you"re there to help him.
It's really sad for her to do that to her daughter. I don't cut people out of Joe's life but we have a brother and sister that have done that to themselves. They don't visit or do anything with him mostly. The disabled don't think like that and it's really nasty to force that kind of thinking on them. I hope he doesn't understand that that is what they are doing.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It's really sad for her to do that to her daughter. I don't cut people out of Joe's life but we have a brother and sister that have done that to themselves. They don't visit or do anything with him mostly. The disabled don't think like that and it's really nasty to force that kind of thinking on them. I hope he doesn't understand that that is what they are doing.

I hope so too. He has enough going on.
The last thing he needs to see are bitter people who can’t see the REAL reason for the visits.
In my family we all say to things like this
“Hey, when my time comes, don’t you dare cry at the funeral!” And that’s that.
Now we all stay in touch a little better….

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I tried to send this yesterday but for some reason the website kept stalling and I couldn't send anything or even log out.
I'm so sorry to hear Joe is so unwell and I hope he makes a speedy recovery with your care and attention, but make sure you look after yourself too Cathie

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes and I always keep Pedialyte in the house for that. My favorite is the mixed fruit flavored. Now I keep an unflavored in the house too. Thanks to your post. I'm sure it was on here before but that was the first time I saw that info. It's interesting how the forum works.?
I love seeing Joe's pictures. It's been quite a while since he's had any to share with us. Please ask him to draw something for us

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I tried to send this yesterday but for some reason the website kept stalling and I couldn't send anything or even log out.
I'm so sorry to hear Joe is so unwell and I hope he makes a speedy recovery with your care and attention, but make sure you look after yourself too Cathie
He keeps trying to get me to let him go back to his daily activities so having the idea of a painting will keep him happy at home. So a big thanks to Yavonne for inspiration! He loves to see a compliment ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/afternoon all.
As you may have read above I had trouble with posting or liking anything yesterday, but normal service seems to have been resumed.
It looks as if it's been pretty quiet in here the last day or so, but hope everyone is well and having a good week.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening/afternoon all.
As you may have read above I had trouble with posting or liking anything yesterday, but normal service seems to have been resumed.
It looks as if it's been pretty quiet in here the last day or so, but hope everyone is well and having a good week.
It was quiet because we couldn't run our mouths. I was afraid I was going to expload??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It was quiet because we couldn't run our mouths. I was afraid I was going to expload??

So here’s one for ya….
I finally got to visit my mom today for a lovely chat.
We laughed ,cried and ate a little
because it’s been 10 years today that my daddy ?.
I still can’t even say it. ?
We just miss him sooo much. He was the heart of the family. Kept everyone leveled and calm.
Now, everyone is all over the place yelling about mugs, (yep, I said MUGS) , fighting about the dumbest things and miserable.
Yet When I show up to the house ,
I am announced like the QUEEN???
My mom yells all over the house that I’ve shown up!! Everyone is to wake up or come inside just to see ME????
I kinda take after my dad, as I cannot stay SERIOUS all day long. I’d go nuts!
I bring the serious ones down a peg and the next you know we are all laughing sharing stories of work or old times…
Sorry to get off track…
Ok… here’s where it gets cool.. I promise!
So I am driving home up Rt.17 at 75mph in the fast lane (@maggie3fan would love that one) … when all of a sudden on the opposite side of the road coming towards me (fast too) Was a yellow car in ITS fast lane.
Not just any car mind you…
But… yes you guessed it…

A FORMULA ONE RACE CAR!!!!!
I couldn’t believe it!!! I almost ?!!!!!
It sped past me SOOOO freakin fast I could only notice the yellow parts of the car. It had stickers on it of endorsements but who could read THAT fast????
And when I tell ya…. It sounded EXACTLY Like they do on the tv!!!!!!!
Soooo loud it hurt my ear!!!!
And grizzly too!
Wow.. what fun it was to quickly SEE that!! Made my day!
Funny, now that I am thinking about it ?
My daddy’s favorite color was…..
Yep! You guessed it!
YELLOW! ?
Hope everyone is doing well today ❤️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So here’s one for ya….
I finally got to visit my mom today for a lovely chat.
We laughed ,cried and ate a little
because it’s been 10 years today that my daddy ?.
I still can’t even say it. ?
We just miss him sooo much. He was the heart of the family. Kept everyone leveled and calm.
Now, everyone is all over the place yelling about mugs, (yep, I said MUGS) , fighting about the dumbest things and miserable.
Yet When I show up to the house ,
I am announced like the QUEEN???
My mom yells all over the house that I’ve shown up!! Everyone is to wake up or come inside just to see ME????
I kinda take after my dad, as I cannot stay SERIOUS all day long. I’d go nuts!
I bring the serious ones down a peg and the next you know we are all laughing sharing stories of work or old times…
Sorry to get off track…
Ok… here’s where it gets cool.. I promise!
So I am driving home up Rt.17 at 75mph in the fast lane (@maggie3fan would love that one) … when all of a sudden on the opposite side of the road coming towards me (fast too) Was a yellow car in ITS fast lane.
Not just any car mind you…
But… yes you guessed it…

A FORMULA ONE RACE CAR!!!!!
I couldn’t believe it!!! I almost ?!!!!!
It sped past me SOOOO freakin fast I could only notice the yellow parts of the car. It had stickers on it of endorsements but who could read THAT fast????
And when I tell ya…. It sounded EXACTLY Like they do on the tv!!!!!!!
Soooo loud it hurt my ear!!!!
And grizzly too!
Wow.. what fun it was to quickly SEE that!! Made my day!
Funny, now that I am thinking about it ?
My daddy’s favorite color was…..
Yep! You guessed it!
YELLOW! ?
Hope everyone is doing well today ❤️
My immediate family which is my kids and theirs call each other mugs too. Just for fun? and that yellow flash sounds like the best ending of a beautiful get together.?️