COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
We
Ok, the rain arrived overnight. It’s yucky out - 80% humidity too. One good thing, no cold temps so our Sully gets to enjoy a nice warm humid sauna all day & night.
We're having a very sunny and warm day here with temps back up into the mid 60s - probably nearer 70F in my garden. No sign of rain on the forecast for the next week.
I'm trying to get Lola outside for some basking time but he seems to have made his mind up that it's autumn and he wants to be inside so he won't stay out. Best to let him do his own thing.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We

We're having a very sunny and warm day here with temps back up into the mid 60s - probably nearer 70F in my garden. No sign of rain on the forecast for the next week.
I'm trying to get Lola outside for some basking time but he seems to have made his mind up that it's autumn and he wants to be inside so he won't stay out. Best to let him do his own thing.
Yea how do you tell a tortoise "no no no bad boy"?? especially since they know how to outlive us.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've had juncos and woodpeckers hanging out for several days and got nagged into putting out birdseed and suet today ? the juncos were landing on my windchime and staring in the window at me. Good pictures coming. They don't care if I'm sitting in eyesight or move.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
It's another sunny mild day but pretty cold last night and first thing.
I've had quite an eventful morning so far.
My nephew rang me last night to say that his remote control had fallen behind his radiator and he couldn't retrieve it. So I popped up there early armed with various things long and thin enough to get between the rad and wall and after about 30mins of jiggling, pushing and pulling it I finally managed to free it. Hope he doesn't do that again in a hurry. I thought I was going to have to take the radiator off the wall which I really didn't want to do.
Then I came home to turn the house upside down to look for my purse which had disappeared. I rang the shop where I'd last used it but I eventually found it in my ironing basket! I must have scooped it up with some clothes I'd folded on the table. That was a relief not to have all the palaver of cancelling cards etc.
I've since been to the shop and stocked up with Lola's food and forget to get half the things I needed for myself. So I'm going to put my feet up and have a nice cuppa, before I start on a few chores.
Hope everyone's having a good Monday!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all.
My nephew rang me last night to say that his remote control had fallen behind his radiator and he couldn't retrieve it. So I popped up there early armed with various things long and thin enough to get between the rad and wall and after about 30mins of jiggling, pushing and pulling it I finally managed to free it. Hope he doesn't do that again in a hurry. I thought I was going to have to take the radiator off the wall which I really didn't want to do.
Then I came home to turn the house upside down to look for my purse which had disappeared. I rang the shop where I'd last used it but I eventually found it in my ironing basket! I must have scooped it up with some clothes I'd folded on the table. That was a relief not to have all the palaver of cancelling cards etc.
I've since been to the shop and stocked up with Lola's food and forget to get half the things I needed for myself. So I'm going to put my feet up and have a nice cuppa, before I start on a few chores.
Wow, quite the series of events. I “lose” things like this too & it drives you crazy until u find it. Car keys, purse/wallet are stressers!

And, you managed to use a pretty good new word in describing ur debacle.

PALAVER (noun) - unnecessarily elaborate or complex procedure.
"there's a lot of palaver involved"

Happy Monday - Happy Columbus Day

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We have wind today, and more expected for the next few days. I HATE THE WIND!!!!!!! It's only expected to get up to 62F today, so I have a couple boxes of tortoises in the house that can't go outside today. It would be ok to put them out, except their yard has no sun. It's all shade. With no sun and lots of wind, they wouldn't be able to warm up.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We have wind today, and more expected for the next few days. I HATE THE WIND!!!!!!! It's only expected to get up to 62F today, so I have a couple boxes of tortoises in the house that can't go outside today. It would be ok to put them out, except their yard has no sun. It's all shade. With no sun and lots of wind, they wouldn't be able to warm up.
Sounds like the house is the best place for everyone today. 62F is quite mild for us but the nights are definitely chilly and down to about 46F.
I hate the wind too, it's so unpredictable.
Stay safe.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all.
That sounds like my day today ? it's been a bass ackward Monday. But oh well... you'll have that ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
P.S The delay on posting smilies, likes, deleting stuff and moving between threads that started last week is really getting on my nerves now! I don't think it's updates.
I'm not going through that all of the time but once in a while I do. But It was before your problem started. I'm on a smart phone so maybe they do that now and then.