COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Happy Thanksgiving giving everyone! I've been cooking all day ? no visitors today but I'm sure they'll be coming the next few days and help us eat some of this stuff. I was happy with a quiet day and enjoyed the cooking.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
The cold northerly winds are really picking up here with the start of Storm Arwen - the worst of it to come tonight. Hopefully it won't cause too much damage and the trees are less vulnerable with most of their leaves gone.
I hope things are calmer where you are.
I'd better go and try to tempt Lola out so he can have a good soak and some exercise so I'll see you later.
Happy Friday!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all.
The cold northerly winds are really picking up here with the start of Storm Arwen - the worst of it to come tonight. Hopefully it won't cause too much damage and the trees are less vulnerable with most of their leaves gone.
I hope things are calmer where you are.
I'd better go and try to tempt Lola out so he can have a good soak and some exercise so I'll see you later.
Happy Friday!!!

Yes, stay safe up/over there. I see that a rare “Red Alert” has been issued by the MET Office
3AE6A242-BD4B-4C6C-ABD4-44FDD00D3DE2.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes, stay safe up/over there. I see that a rare “Red Alert” has been issued by the MET Office
View attachment 336659
Yes some parts of the UK will be hit really hard. The winds are supposed to reach just over 50 mph in my area which is bad enough, so I dread to think what it will do further north.:(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Very windy here right now, and lots of things moving around. I've secured most things outside but my garden is on the south side of my house so quite sheltered from the full strength of the 55 mph winds coming from the north. I just have to hope the roof stays on!
Lola was eventually persuaded to come out today by the smell of cucumber so he had some slivers of it while he was in his soak. I thought his tongue was looking a bit gungy so I'll be keeping an eye on that.
I'm going to try to get some sleep now, but maybe back later.
Nos Da.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was chaotic, I had 12 family members or step members or just others...I cooked way too much food and this was my apple pie.100_1190.JPG
My son and his family rescue dachshunds. This is Franklin...he's not yet 3 years old, he was abused and his back got broken and his back legs are paralyzed. He was going to be euthanized, so because he is so young my son took him in. This dog does not know he is handicapped, he wears a diaper and you can pick up his butt using the diaper, and then he runs so damn fast with his front legs I cannot keep up with him. He gets around pretty good. There is something wrong with his voice box so his bark is very strange... He's cute and personable...and I like him. We did have a bit of drama, another of the dogs, Loki, he's a piebald looking thing, and he went in and poked the bear. He probably weighs 8 to 10 pounds, and my Main Coon cat is 30 pounds. Simon was under my bed and Loki decided he hadda go and say hello to Simon, Simon does not like dogs... especially in his house so Simon was all over Loki like a lion on a wildebeest...lol. Simon had the dog by the throat, but he's declawed so he couldn't hold on to him...Simon bites pretty hard but we were all laughing and grabbing at them...this is the kind of family I have...Thanksgiving in my house with 12 people, and my son brings 5 dogs with complete with beds, blankets, CBD calming tincture in case one dog gets anxious. Ha ha it didn't work on me...100_1196.JPG

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was chaotic, I had 12 family members or step members or just others...I cooked way too much food and this was my apple pie.View attachment 336706
My son and his family rescue dachshunds. This is Franklin...he's not yet 3 years old, he was abused and his back got broken and his back legs are paralyzed. He was going to be euthanized, so because he is so young my son took him in. This dog does not know he is handicapped, he wears a diaper and you can pick up his butt using the diaper, and then he runs so damn fast with his front legs I cannot keep up with him. He gets around pretty good. There is something wrong with his voice box so his bark is very strange... He's cute and personable...and I like him. We did have a bit of drama, another of the dogs, Loki, he's a piebald looking thing, and he went in and poked the bear. He probably weighs 8 to 10 pounds, and my Main Coon cat is 30 pounds. Simon was under my bed and Loki decided he hadda go and say hello to Simon, Simon does not like dogs... especially in his house so Simon was all over Loki like a lion on a wildebeest...lol. Simon had the dog by the throat, but he's declawed so he couldn't hold on to him...Simon bites pretty hard but we were all laughing and grabbing at them...this is the kind of family I have...Thanksgiving in my house with 12 people, and my son brings 5 dogs with complete with beds, blankets, CBD calming tincture in case one dog gets anxious. Ha ha it didn't work on me...View attachment 336707
I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving Maggie , sounds like a busy but happy day.
Have they thought of trying wheels for the disabled dog?
Like these https://wheels4dogs.co.uk/

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Thankfully the house and I survived the night but I didn't get much sleep owing to the wind howling down the chimneys. It is still very gusty out there but the strength has dropped to about 49 mph and will continue to drop through the day, so we're over the worst of it.
I won't be going far today but I hope you all have good Saturday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was chaotic, I had 12 family members or step members or just others...I cooked way too much food and this was my apple pie.View attachment 336706
My son and his family rescue dachshunds. This is Franklin...he's not yet 3 years old, he was abused and his back got broken and his back legs are paralyzed. He was going to be euthanized, so because he is so young my son took him in. This dog does not know he is handicapped, he wears a diaper and you can pick up his butt using the diaper, and then he runs so damn fast with his front legs I cannot keep up with him. He gets around pretty good. There is something wrong with his voice box so his bark is very strange... He's cute and personable...and I like him. We did have a bit of drama, another of the dogs, Loki, he's a piebald looking thing, and he went in and poked the bear. He probably weighs 8 to 10 pounds, and my Main Coon cat is 30 pounds. Simon was under my bed and Loki decided he hadda go and say hello to Simon, Simon does not like dogs... especially in his house so Simon was all over Loki like a lion on a wildebeest...lol. Simon had the dog by the throat, but he's declawed so he couldn't hold on to him...Simon bites pretty hard but we were all laughing and grabbing at them...this is the kind of family I have...Thanksgiving in my house with 12 people, and my son brings 5 dogs with complete with beds, blankets, CBD calming tincture in case one dog gets anxious. Ha ha it didn't work on me...View attachment 336707
Poor you ? I had a quiet before the storm Thanksgiving ? my times about to come visiting.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's much quieter here now the wind is down to the low 30s mph so I should be able to get some sleep tonight and it will be an early night for me. I haven't done much today but feel exhausted.
There's nothing on the tv I want to watch so I may as well take myself off to bed with a good book.

I'm worried about a little tort in Algiers whose owner can't afford to provide lamps for and it's getting cold there. It's only kept in a small box with a towel! It sounds like a hatchling/baby but I'm wondering if it would be better to let it hibernate for the winter because I can't see it surviving without heat, but I don't know if I should suggest it as I don't know enough about it. ('Greek Tortoise not defecating for 2 weeks' thread) She already had one die of RI and her aunt got her another. So sad :(. I hope one of the more experienced folk can help.

Anyway, I'll say Nos Da now - enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I wish I knew how to start a thread. I want to say I'm not one of the nicest people on TFO because I'm not. And please don't say that to me again. There is so many people here that have taken time out of their busy days to talk to me that know so much more than me. I appreciate everyone of them. I don't know how to start a thread but I guess I need to learn how ???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I wish I knew how to start a thread. I want to say I'm not one of the nicest people on TFO because I'm not. And please don't say that to me again. There is so many people here that have taken time out of their busy days to talk to me that know so much more than me. I appreciate everyone of them. I don't know how to start a thread but I guess I need to learn how ???
I just figured out I started 2 threads in 2018? now I kinda know how and still don't wanna run my mouth.?