COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Some Scottish accents and dialects can be hard to understand especially if spoken quickly. Having said that I do like listening to the Scots talking.
My two most favorite accents to listen to are East Indian and Scottish. Is Welch and Scots accent the same to listen to?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I went to the skin doctor last week and had several old lady warts (actually skin tags) burned off my face, including one from my upper eyelid. My eye continued to be slightly swollen so I took a good look at it in the mirror. For cripe's sake! I've got a little stye! I can't remember ever having a stye. My older sister used to get them, but not me.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My two most favorite accents to listen to are East Indian and Scottish. Is Welch and Scots accent the same to listen to?
No nothing alike.
As with all accents, the Welsh accent changes depending on which part of Wales you're from and can be quite soft and sing-songy to quite harsh to listen too.
I don't like some of the South East Wales 'townie' accents where Cardiff is pronounced
Care-diff or where 's' is added to verbs e.g. 'I loves that', but I suppose that's more down to dialect than accent.
If you listen to Tom Jones the singer speaking he has quite a nice South Wales accent :)whereas the girls who play Stacey and Nessa in Gavin and Stacey don't.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Some Scottish accents and dialects can be hard to understand especially if spoken quickly. Having said that I do like listening to the Scots talking.
That happens to me here in my own country. The farther south I go until you get to Florida the heavier the southern accent.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I went to the skin doctor last week and had several old lady warts (actually skin tags) burned off my face, including one from my upper eyelid. My eye continued to be slightly swollen so I took a good look at it in the mirror. For cripe's sake! I've got a little stye! I can't remember ever having a stye. My older sister used to get them, but not me.
.........so back to the docs or can you treat it yourself??