COLD DARK ROOM

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
Those kind come up as out of area on my caller id. I'm like you. I don't answer unless I recognize the number. They can always just start talking when the answering machine picks up and if I know their legit I'll pick up. Otherwise you called me I didn't call you. It seems like if I try to do something interesting to me they know. It'll be one phone call after another. Now if I'm waiting on a legitimate phone call I just try to do something interesting and sure enough they'll call too. ?
Maggie, LOVE the necklace!. . . . very pretty ?
?
Yes, beautiful necklace on a beautiful woman!

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
No nothing alike.
As with all accents, the Welsh accent changes depending on which part of Wales you're from and can be quite soft and sing-songy to quite harsh to listen too.
I don't like some of the South East Wales 'townie' accents where Cardiff is pronounced
Care-diff or where 's' is added to verbs e.g. 'I loves that', but I suppose that's more down to dialect than accent.
If you listen to Tom Jones the singer speaking he has quite a nice South Wales accent :)whereas the girls who play Stacey and Nessa in Gavin and Stacey don't.?
Ooohhh Tom Jones (throws bra onto stage)

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Is there anywhere on earth having normal weather? North and Northeast are being pummeled with winter storms, was it the mid-west that experienced tornadoes? I just took snoopy for a walk after his soak and I’m sweating! It’s 82 freaking degrees in January. What in the world is going on? It was cold (by my standards of course) this morning, about 67F but it’s 82 now at 4pm.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I'm not sure, but I think it just goes away on it's own.
Yvonne they sell “sty” cream in cvs.
It comes in a little tube. You rub it on for a week I think. We kept that stuff in my house and a kid all the time. I never had one though?? Don’t scratch it too much because I think you can spread it to other parts of your face or eyes..(not sure)
Not too expensive either.
But with COVID going on the price probably went up to &1,000. ?
Check it out.
Then you won’t need a doctor $$$$$

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, I woke very early today so I've been biding my time on TFO.
We have another frosty and foggy start to what will be a grey, but dry day.
I'm still in my PJs so I'd better go and get myself washed and dressed ready to face another day.
See you all later and Happy Tuesday!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
A very fast stroll!
More like a Usain Bolt sprint! :D
I love the Cotswolds, but at a more relaxed pace.
I hope you haven't been trying to keep up with that pace with your new hip recovery.

Nagh. The vid provides an encouraging distraction. Right after new hip I was doing a minute (ha!) but this week I’m doing roughly 15 mins daily, last week was 10 minutes. I just take my time - no sense rushing (i know how the video ends) ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Almost 40f and sunshine. We pulled out our Troy Shredder & got the pile of Crepe Myrtle tops & arborvitae greens all shredded. Saved a nice “Y“ section of Crepe Myrtle from the shredder as well as another nice walking stick.

I’m liking this self licking ice cream (Poplar & Myrtle) that we have going… these trimmings are large enough for turning into “things”.

012C9279-31C8-4C63-BFF8-5E3CC61F6E4B.jpeg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Almost 40f and sunshine. We pulled out our Troy Shredder & got the pile of Crepe Myrtle tops & arborvitae greens all shredded. Saved a nice “Y“ section of Crepe Myrtle from the shredder as well as another nice walking stick.

I’m liking this self licking ice cream (Poplar & Myrtle) that we have going… these trimmings are large enough for turning into “things”.

View attachment 339159
My Troy Chipper Circa 1993, 4th B&S 10 Hp.engine . . .20220118_123914.jpg20220118_123926.jpg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.

View attachment 339159
My biggest job's right now are Yucca branches & Bamboo, turns it into nuthin.....
Can't buy them anymore, too many folks lost a limb . . . .and I'm NOT talkin about a tree

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Is there anywhere on earth having normal weather? North and Northeast are being pummeled with winter storms, was it the mid-west that experienced tornadoes? I just took snoopy for a walk after his soak and I’m sweating! It’s 82 freaking degrees in January. What in the world is going on? It was cold (by my standards of course) this morning, about 67F but it’s 82 now at 4pm.
Out my living-room window...100_1520.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
My Troy Chipper Circa 1993, 4th B&S 10 Hp.engine . . .View attachment 339164View attachment 339165

Ours is this variety of Troy-Built chipper/shredder. Just love it. We bought this a few houses ago & it’s saved us a ton of work & money. Pretty much everything we prune goes into this.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's like a spring day here with sunshine and warmer temps but a brisk breeze.
I've been to visit Tilly the pup she is such a bright little thing and I taught her to sit within 10 mins.
In fact she was soon sitting without actually having to use words when she saw a treat so she's very clever!
My sister was amazed but it's the best time to start training now.
I'm going to drop off some recycling at the tip now so I'll see you all later.
Happy Wednesday!