COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
oh, oH, OH, lucky you! a new stove, yay!
That is always nice. I have a sealed gas Range that Is 25 years old, I have replaced the digital control once, as the Display for the oven temp gets so'oo faint it's hard to see.
But a nice Range just makes cooking . . . dare I say. . . fun!
We'll see about that that it's nice. So far it's way different than the stoves I've dealt with in the past. The one I got rid of was gas with digital and electric igniters. This one doesn't have the digital. I wanted just a simple gas stove to cook with. They don't make them anymore. So this one has electric igniters.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You've had a busy day!
We're not allowed to replace gas appliances ourselves here, it has to be done by a 'Gas Safe' engineer. Your meal sounds delicious!
I hope you're snow isn't too bad Cathie, we don't even have any rain forecast for the next week. January has been very dry.
We can replace a stove but probably not a delivery person unless they're licensed. But really my brother is licensed and also my son so I was safe. Otherwise, I would have to hire someone for GP. More snow today and so my sister in law with 4 wheel drive is taking me to my doctor appointment tomorrow.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all,
It's another grey day.
My sister and her hubby may be having an earlier trip to Las Vegas than originally planned to meet their first grandchild, and going in Feb now rather April. Their new pup will be staying with me so I have to make sure my garden is Tilly proof. She likes to pick up and chew everything and anything in the garden so I'm going to make a start on gathering any potentially harmful things dropped by the plants.
I'll be wrapping up warm though!
Have a good Monday!
That's funny!!! By the time they get back.... will Tilly want to go home? You all are going to be vying for Tilly's affection before it's over ??

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That's funny!!! By the time they get back.... will Tilly want to go home? You all are going to be vying for Tilly's affection before it's over ??
That happened the first time Fudge came to stay with me when she was a pup.
I took her home and, much to my sister's disappointment, Fudge ignored her and wanted to come with me when I left.
My sister rang me the next day to say that she thought Fudge was pining for me.
She soon settled back into her home though - as long as she was fed and loved she was at home anywhere.:<3:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon and Happy Tuesday.
The cloudy and cold weather continues. We could do with some rain now but I don't think we'll have any until a few showers arrive on the weekend.
I'm popping to the library this afternoon so see you later.
I hope you all have a good day.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, been feeling a bit under the weather for the last few weeks. ?
Not sure what's going on hope it will pass. Haven't been to the doctors because I really don't want to hear bad news if there is any. Hopefully this will just pass.
Anyways Rose is cleaning Opo's night box because he went the bathroom in it.
I said to her I am sorry because I cant clean it. I said to her do you want me to give Opo to one of the members on TFO?
Her response was the member would also have to take me also!??
Any takers? I prefer a warm climate and my favorite food is pizza. If push comes to shove, I will eat mazuri but it has to be 5m21. I don't like the LS mazuri. ????
I require a 4' x 8' enclosure.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Not sure what's going on hope it will pass. Haven't been to the doctors because I really don't want to hear bad news if there is any. Hopefully this will just pass.
I said to her I am sorry because I cant clean it. I said to her do you want me to give Opo to one of the members on TFO?
Any takers? I prefer a warm climate and my favorite food is pizza. If push comes to shove, I will eat mazuri but it has to be 5m21. I don't like the LS mazuri. ????
Sounds like Rose is giving you an ultimatum. ??Oh well that tends to happen when it comes to tortoises for some crazy reason ?? hope you get to feeling better soon.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sounds like Rose is giving you an ultimatum. ??Oh well that tends to happen when it comes to tortoises for some crazy reason ?? hope you get to feeling better soon.?
I need to start hanging around TFO again. I generally get good vibes here. Especially in the CDR.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Welcome back Ray!
So sorry you haven't been feeling well, I was wondering how you are this morning because you mentioned you weren't feeling too good on another thread and we haven't seen you here in the CDR. Maybe a visit to the docs would be for the best because there may be meds he can give you, but I understand why you are reluctant.
Seems Rose happily accepts that you and Opo belong together, and she obviously realises how much he means to you. What a great sense of humour she has too :D.
No good me offering you a home it's pretty cold here!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Sorry to hear that you’re not up to snuff there Ray. Fingers crossed it's nothing much. ???

Tell Rose there’s really no need to scoop the poop much…. the cypress mulch in our Sullys night box seems to be the ticket.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Keeping tortoise houses clean is a human mental quality. Tortoises don't care it they sleep in inches deep manure. . . in fact, it is my guess that they actually prefer it.

Yep…..I rarely rarely scoop even now during Winter when our Sully is in her indoor habitat & nightbox/enclosure. Occasionally I’ll pick some old dry “turds” up & toss in our plants.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I need to start hanging around TFO again. I generally get good vibes here. Especially in the CDR.?
Me too ? even when we are discussing whatever... we are discussing something ?at least... I passed my memory test with my doctor today.? one of my questions was how many animals can you think of in so many seconds. Thank God I was discussing animals I've taken care of with my sister in law as we left for my doctor visit ? well... she asked ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Last week I sent an email to my new electricity supplier; they replied today to say that they couldn't answer my question because the email address I used was different to their records. I don't recall ever giving my old supplier a different address so I replied to tell them this, and as I clicked on 'send' I was mortified to see that instead of signing off with 'Regards' I had made a typo and signed off with 'Retards' !! :eek: It was too late to stop it.
I hate that word, (and the sort of people who tend to use it). I can only hope that if they notice they don't take offence and realise it was a mistake. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Last week I sent an email to my new electricity supplier; they replied today to say that they couldn't answer my question because the email address I used was different to their records. I don't recall ever giving my old supplier a different address so I replied to tell them this, and as I clicked on 'send' I was mortified to see that instead of signing off with 'Regards' I had made a typo and signed off with 'Retards' !! :eek: It was too late to stop it.
I hate that word, (and the sort of people who tend to use it). I can only hope that if they notice they don't take offence and realise it was a mistake. ?
Spell check strikes again... the little smart allecs ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome back Ray!
So sorry you haven't been feeling well, I was wondering how you are this morning because you mentioned you weren't feeling too good on another thread and we haven't seen you here in the CDR. Maybe a visit to the docs would be for the best because there may be meds he can give you, but I understand why you are reluctant.
Seems Rose happily accepts that you and Opo belong together, and she obviously realises how much he means to you. What a great sense of humour she has too :D.
No good me offering you a home it's pretty cold here!
Thanks Lyn, I am grateful that Rose loves Opo as much as I do.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sorry to hear that you’re not up to snuff there Ray. Fingers crossed it's nothing much. ???

Tell Rose there’s really no need to scoop the poop much…. the cypress mulch in our Sullys night box seems to be the ticket.
Thanks Mark, I try to explain to Rose that it isn't necessary to pull everything out and clean. At least with the new night box. I am putting in 2 large trays, so if she insists on cleaning her way. It will be a little easier. I even showed her a post from Tom explaining what to do. But she insists on pulling out the Kane mat and cleaning it spotless. All the time Opo trying to walk between her legs wanting to help.? I need to buckle down and finish the night box. My brother is a cabinet maker by trade. But I am finding out I really can't depend on him. I have all the tools and skills. Now if I can get the body and mind on the same tract.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Me too ? even when we are discussing whatever... we are discussing something ?at least... I passed my memory test with my doctor today.? one of my questions was how many animals can you think of in so many seconds. Thank God I was discussing animals I've taken care of with my sister in law as we left for my doctor visit ? well... she asked ?
I have a appointment with my pulamary doctor next week. Going for a c- scan of the right lung on fri. Then having the breathing tests at the doctor's. I am having problems keeping my oxygen saturation at the right levels. I believe that's what is making me feel like I do. I feel run down and no energy.
I am so thankful Rose is so helpful and compassionate with me.