COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I have a appointment with my pulamary doctor next week. Going for a c- scan of the right lung on fri. Then having the breathing tests at the doctor's. I am having problems keeping my oxygen saturation at the right levels. I believe that's what is making me feel like I do. I feel run down and no energy.
I am so thankful Rose is so helpful and compassionate with me.
Any chance they'll let you have oxygen at home Ray?
I know it's different, but My Dad used to suffer with emphysema and he always had a tank in the corner when it was pretty bad, which helped him a lot.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Any chance they'll let you have oxygen at home Ray?
I know it's different, but My Dad used to suffer with emphysema and he always had a tank in the corner when it was pretty bad, which helped him a lot.
I do Lyn, I have bottles for emergency if we lose power. Also a concentrator that makes oxygen. I also have a portable concentrator that is rechargeable. So I can travel. I am on 3 liters 24/7 now. Dr just raised from 2 to 3 litres. I was taken off the Trelegy inhaler about 6 months ago because my last breathing test was much better than the previous test. I was also put on a different heart medication and then I started having the oxygen saturation problem. I am sure the doctor will figure it out. I just hope the scarring in my right lung hasn't gotten larger. The last time I went to the hospital for this. I had a horrible panic attack and couldn't breath. Thought I might be having a heart attack. Thank God it wasn't but my oxygen saturation was in the 60's. I ended up in the hospital for a week and they also found a blood clot. So I am trying to stay away from hospitals.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I do Lyn, I have bottles for emergency if we lose power. Also a concentrator that makes oxygen. I also have a portable concentrator that is rechargeable. So I can travel. I am on 3 liters 24/7 now. Dr just raised from 2 to 3 litres. I was taken off the Trelegy inhaler about 6 months ago because my last breathing test was much better than the previous test. I was also put on a different heart medication and then I started having the oxygen saturation problem. I am sure the doctor will figure it out. I just hope the scarring in my right lung hasn't gotten larger. The last time I went to the hospital for this. I had a horrible panic attack and couldn't breath. Thought I might be having a heart attack. Thank God it wasn't but my oxygen saturation was in the 60's. I ended up in the hospital for a week and they also found a blood clot. So I am trying to stay away from hospitals.
Better to get checked out & see what's going on, then to worry. I have a splint on my 3rd finger from "overuse". You can't believe the laughter you hear out in the hallway, as the dr. asks his nurse to look for a new splint when I went for a checkup today. While I do frequently flip the bird at the tv set daily, i'm hoping the 3rd finger on the other hand doesn't give out or I'll be getting really strange looks at the grocery stores.

So i'm sending you good vibes for your dr. visit. We're almost thru the winter. Sun & fun is coming.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sounds like it's a balancing act to get the meds right, Ray but good they are keeping an eye on you.
I can see why hospitals give you panic attacks, I don't like them or local GPs either. I can feel my BP rising as soon as I arrive, and I also find that I can't explain myself very well - I'm a gibbering wreck no matter how much I've practised what I want to say and that's just for minor things!! I think they call it white coat syndrome. So I can understand how everything you have to deal with and your worries can amplify that to a full blown panic attack, I really hope your next visit is less of an ordeal for you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, same weather we've had for last week or more here.

I've been trying to rescue the snake /M -in -L's tongue plant my niece gave me.
I've only had it about 10 days and I've managed to half kill it with over watering!:eek:

It didn't come with instructions and because the soil was bone dry I've been giving it a drink every few days, but turns out it prefers drought conditions!!
I've managed to dry out the soil but think I need to repot it completely.
So I'm off to get some potting soil for cacti and succulents.

Lola didn't surface at all yesterday, but he did eat when I put the food in his hide.
I want to give him a good soak today so hopefully he will come out for a little wander then I can grab him.

Anyway hope you have a good Wednesday, TTFN

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good morning all, same weather we've had for last week or more here.

I've been trying to rescue the snake /M -in -L's tongue plant my niece gave me.
I've only had it about 10 days and I've managed to half kill it with over watering!:eek:

It didn't come with instructions and because the soil was bone dry I've been giving it a drink every few days, but turns out it prefers drought conditions!!
I've managed to dry out the soil but think I need to repot it completely.
So I'm off to get some potting soil for cacti and succulents.

Lola didn't surface at all yesterday, but he did eat when I put the food in his hide.
I want to give him a good soak today so hopefully he will come out for a little wander then I can grab him.

Anyway hope you have a good Wednesday, TTFN
My Seymour was out late last night wandering, gave him some greens that he just walked right by, then back to his hide, , , , what the H?. . .

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My Seymour was out late last night wandering, gave him some greens that he just walked right by, then back to his hide, , , , what the H?. . .
Lola occasionally has late nights like that when I can't get him into his hide.
Most of the time I have to block off his door to keep him out of it. ?‍♀️

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Lot's of little stuff to do today, My Ford Ranger had a check engine light the other day, Code reader said it was an emissions purge valve, did some investigating found the carbon canister for emissions had a huge hole in the back, so, repaired it, reset the check engine light, and came back on two days later. I ordered a new canister, purge valve and thermister valve, put that in yesterday afternoon. Have a smog check coming up for my registration that is due in March.
I had a good friend that passed away 5 yrs ago, she lived w/her brother for years, he passed away earlier. His kids, asked for help clearing out her house, so I acquired many things, still new in the box. I've been gathering them, to have a yard sale (Not looking forward to that) to find new homes for these things....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a appointment with my pulamary doctor next week. Going for a c- scan of the right lung on fri. Then having the breathing tests at the doctor's. I am having problems keeping my oxygen saturation at the right levels. I believe that's what is making me feel like I do. I feel run down and no energy.
I am so thankful Rose is so helpful and compassionate with me.
You are probably right about your oxygen level. I felt the same way even with my daily inhaler similar to the one you take. (I remembered something ?) I take Anoro Ellipta and you take Trelligy. That's the better one but it has fluticasone which I can't take. I've been feeling a lot better since the doctor got me a nebulizer with Albuterol. I only have to use it once a day but I could use it every 4-6 hours if I need to. I didn't feel out of breath and really didn't think my total lack of energy was due to that but it was. I really needed that nebulizer years ago.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sounds like it's a balancing act to get the meds right, Ray but good they are keeping an eye on you.
I can see why hospitals give you panic attacks, I don't like them or local GPs either. I can feel my BP rising as soon as I arrive, and I also find that I can't explain myself very well - I'm a gibbering wreck no matter how much I've practised what I want to say and that's just for minor things!! I think they call it white coat syndrome. So I can understand how everything you have to deal with and your worries can amplify that to a full blown panic attack, I really hope your next visit is less of an ordeal for you.
I'm notorious for white coat syndrome. My blood pressure goes so high they want me to get admitted to the hospital ? which makes it even worse.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You are probably right about your oxygen level. I felt the same way even with my daily inhaler similar to the one you take. (I remembered something ?) I take Anoro Ellipta and you take Trelligy. That's the better one but it has fluticasone which I can't take. I've been feeling a lot better since the doctor got me a nebulizer with Albuterol. I only have to use it once a day but I could use it every 4-6 hours if I need to. I didn't feel out of breath and really didn't think my total lack of energy was due to that but it was. I really needed that nebulizer years ago.
Sorry I just saw that you're off the Trelligy. But I was put on the nebulizer because COVID 19 caused nodules in my lungs to grow larger. It has helped with that and a lot more.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes, my Seymour's poop ? Can be quite aromatic ?‍?, and the dog's ?don't want anything to do with it....
That's interesting that the dogs don't like Tortoise poo since a cat's litter box is tasty snacks for most of them. I mean both smell to high heaven ?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
That's interesting that the dogs don't like Tortoise poo since a cat's litter box is tasty snacks for most of them. I mean both smell to high heaven ?
Yep, kitty ? snawsages . . they ?are even getting into the goose Poop. . .like they don't get fed. . . SMH