COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Well the trip to Marathon Key, was the trip from hell. A tanker full of fuel had a rear tire blowout. He ended up losing control and rolling down the turnpike. The State Police completely shut down the southbound turnpike. It took 3 hrs to go 4 miles to detour at a exit. 4 lanes of traffic trying to take the same exit. 😖😖
From what I could find out, the driver went to the hospital. They said he was fine, but they didn't mention if the tanker burst into flames.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well the trip to Marathon Key, was the trip from hell. A tanker full of fuel had a rear tire blowout. He ended up losing control and rolling down the turnpike. The State Police completely shut down the southbound turnpike. It took 3 hrs to go 4 miles to detour at a exit. 4 lanes of traffic trying to take the same exit. 😖😖
From what I could find out, the driver went to the hospital. They said he was fine, but they didn't mention if the tanker burst into flames.

That’s never ever fun. Our large highways/turnpikes are easily weak links in our transportation system - especially with high volume and no place to get off. I-95 in Virginia had a major issue during a quick snowstorm this past Winter that left 1000s stranded for long periods of time.

One big mess - https://wtop.com/virginia/2022/05/i...l-clearing-debris-from-januarys-winter-storm/

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Thanks very much.

The Middle East has always been battered by dust and sandstorms but they have become more frequent and intense in recent years. God only knows why. Climate change?
Could be? Here it's the same, dark unnatural thunderstorms and rain, which is weird for this time of year over here