COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Our days and nights have been supposedly idealic for summer and they're wonderful except. It's a bit early for autumn because it started early August. I can only get Sapphire out on certain days at certain times until it freezes and Indian Summer sets in.🐢 we'll go from there.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Another pretty darn nice Summer day here. Mid-80’s, sunshine, still a bit humid. I got up early, loaded my boat up & headed East & South over to Maryland’s West River. Tomorrow, similar weather forecast so we have a road trip planned for southern Maryland.

View attachment 349149
I love that picture. The reflection has it's own story of ships with roots growing from them and what have you. ☺️ Nice.🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I was watching Matilda(2yr EBT) from the deck yesterday morning at 6am and it occurred to me.......as she slowly slithered and slipped down the exposed plastic apron of her pond while trying to stop herself from going in..........then crane her neck to African Zulu lengths to reach into the water since she came up a little short, to drink.

There is a perfectly stout ramp not 10" away...yet instead of going down the ramp, she does it the hard way.

Seems like she ALWAYS does "it" the hard way, no matter what "it" happens to be! LOL

Mark is headed to Southern St. Mary's county today!!!!

Enjoy!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
Hope you are all well.
How is Rose, @Ray--Opo? I hope it was the less serious diagnosis.
We've had some nice showers and cooler weather this week but the warm dry weather is back for the weekend, so the drought continues in large areas of the UK.:(
It's another bank holiday here, so a long weekend for most.
I think my neighbours have gone away again, so I'm looking forward to a good weekend.
I'm dog sitting for Alfie my sister's Pomeranian while they are staying with my nephew and his family for a few days - they have 3 dogs between them so it will be one less for them to worry about. He will be kept well away from Lola and they'll have shifts for garden use so never the twain shall meet! Lola won't be too happy about not being to come and go as he pleases but the dog will only need quick visits and we'll be out and about on short walks for most of his exercise.
Anyway I'd better go and stock up on Lola's food so I'll see you soon.
Have a good Thursday!!

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's a cool story about meeting your wife...

Beautiful trip Mark....you probably drove down Rt 301, when you passed the building next to the 7-11 at S Osborne(at the bottom of the big hill), you passed my office. My truck was already there if it was after 4:30am<LOL>!!

What a great way to spend days.......

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I want to thank everyone for their compliments. Just a funny story about the agreement my wife and I made when we got married, this was going to be the second time we both were married. Her first husband would beat on her, my first wife would cheat with other men. So our agreement is that if she doesn't cheat on me, I won't beat on her. So are agreement is still holding!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Alfie the dog has arrived and not shown any interest in Lola even though he can hear him moving about his room. Lola has had the run of the garden because Alfie isn't too bothered about being out there - but he can't get out at the same time anyway - he'd prefer a nice walk which is where we are off to in a little while.

I hope you all have a good Friday.
TTFN

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Beautiful pictures. I'm curious about the house. What room is the double window in? It looks like one that would be above the kitchen sink for a lady's entertainment while washing her dishes.🤗

➡️ Point Lookout Lighthouse was built in 1830 by John Donahoo for $3350. No photographs of the original structure exist, but based on records, the original lighthouse was 1 ½ stories tall and about one third of the size that it is today. The two lower rooms that face the bay form the footprint of the original structure. In 1883, the lighthouse was expanded to two full stories and the light was raised to 41 feet above sea level. In 1927, the lighthouse was expanded toward the Potomac River and divided into a duplex so that two families could live in the lighthouse. The kitchen and dining rooms were added to the first floor; on the second floor, directly above the kitchen and dining rooms, the bathroom, two bedrooms (facing the Potomac River) were added.”

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
➡️ Point Lookout Lighthouse was built in 1830 by John Donahoo for $3350. No photographs of the original structure exist, but based on records, the original lighthouse was 1 ½ stories tall and about one third of the size that it is today. The two lower rooms that face the bay form the footprint of the original structure. In 1883, the lighthouse was expanded to two full stories and the light was raised to 41 feet above sea level. In 1927, the lighthouse was expanded toward the Potomac River and divided into a duplex so that two families could live in the lighthouse. The kitchen and dining rooms were added to the first floor; on the second floor, directly above the kitchen and dining rooms, the bathroom, two bedrooms (facing the Potomac River) were added.”
So interesting. I didn't even think of it as being a lighthouse as it doesn't have the traditional look we always see in pictures.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Alfie and I had a nice little walk and he had a good run around chasing his ball.
He is such a slow eater though. I gave him his food (fresh chicken and dog biscuits) before we went out at about 2 pm - it's now 9.30 pm and he still hasn't eaten it all. He takes a little bit out and lies near it for ages before eating it and then goes back to it over several hours. I was going to take it away but he guards it. This is normal for him - not normal for most dogs I know though, usually food doesn't touch the sides before it's gone. Very strange behaviour and I wonder why?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Alfie and I had a nice little walk and he had a good run around chasing his ball.
He is such a slow eater though. I gave him his food (fresh chicken and dog biscuits) before we went out at about 2 pm - it's now 9.30 pm and he still hasn't eaten it all. He takes a little bit out and lies near it for ages before eating it and then goes back to it over several hours. I was going to take it away but he guards it. This is normal for him - not normal for most dogs I know though, usually food doesn't touch the sides before it's gone. Very strange behaviour and I wonder why?
I think that's typical for small dogs. He sounds adorable 🥰 little dogs are finicky and best left with full feed methods. Let him nibble. If you're worried about spoilage put little bits at a time whenever he's hungry and asking for a bit. But then you might spoil him so much he'll have to live with you.😉

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning/afternoon all,
Hope you are all well.
How is Rose, @Ray--Opo? I hope it was the less serious diagnosis.
We've had some nice showers and cooler weather this week but the warm dry weather is back for the weekend, so the drought continues in large areas of the UK.:(
It's another bank holiday here, so a long weekend for most.
I think my neighbours have gone away again, so I'm looking forward to a good weekend.
I'm dog sitting for Alfie my sister's Pomeranian while they are staying with my nephew and his family for a few days - they have 3 dogs between them so it will be one less for them to worry about. He will be kept well away from Lola and they'll have shifts for garden use so never the twain shall meet! Lola won't be too happy about not being to come and go as he pleases but the dog will only need quick visits and we'll be out and about on short walks for most of his exercise.
Anyway I'd better go and stock up on Lola's food so I'll see you soon.
Have a good Thursday!!
We are doing fine Lyn thanks for asking.
Rose has no more pain from the gallstones. She has a few more days of medication to take. Then hopefully it will be over. It was great they didn't have to remove her gallbladder.
I have my ups and downs. I am having slight pressure in my chest and the right lung hurts a little when I take a deep breath. I see my pulamary doctor, cardiologist and general physician next week. Some days I feel pretty good and some days I feel like I have the flu. But all in all I am getting better.