COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Hhhhmmm. We don’t drop ours in boiling water. 🤷‍♂️
I guess I can't remember if it was boiling, but it definitely was hot. If you have seen the lawsuit commercials about the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune Marine Corp base. That is where we caught the crabs. My dad was in the Marines for 22yrs. We lived there in 1964 and also 1967.No one from my family seems to have any of the diseases that are listed on the commercial.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Apparently we do have tent making caterpillars and I may have seen them and thought they were dense spider webs.
Our red admiral caterpillar makes a little tent to live in by folding leaves and up-sizes as he grows - pretty clever things really!
One thing I learned thru all of my googleling is it's best to leave all of them be unless they get after a young tree. And then you can just take a stick through the web and gather it all up and stick it into soapy water. It may not be pretty for that year but they'll pick a different tree next year ☺️ they all make good free winter bird food. Even the catalpa worm 🐛😉

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No launch in Florida today…

BREAKING: NASA scrubs launch of Artemis rocket
That was pretty weird because they were saying gas leak on Monday and well no it wasn't but this time it's a gas leak. I figure they're going to have to haul it back to the drawing board. And that would be best for perfecting. I'd hate to see all that money go up in smoke.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
That was pretty weird because they were saying gas leak on Monday and well no it wasn't but this time it's a gas leak. I figure they're going to have to haul it back to the drawing board. And that would be best for perfecting. I'd hate to see all that money go up in smoke.

Time for more industrial strength Flex Seal.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm sorry I'm being a butt head.😁 I almost deleted this picture 😁. And it's one of my better ones. Even though it's a hide and seek game again with a critter.1662239618428.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all.
We've had a thunderstorm rolling around for the last couple of hours and plenty of lovely heavy rain to go with it. A good drink for Mother Nature.

The appointment for my arthroscopy came through today - I have to be at the hospital for 7 a.m. next Monday. So hopefully by the end of the month I'll be feeling the benefits and soon managing longer walks - just in time to enjoy the autumn colours.
It will only be day surgery and if all goes well I should be home by the evening. I'll ask my nephew to pop in and check on Lola on Monday and to help out with getting his food I'm sure he won't mind.

I hope you're all having a good start to the week.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We've had a thunderstorm rolling around for the last couple of hours and plenty of lovely heavy rain to go with it. A good drink for Mother Nature.

The appointment for my arthroscopy came through today - I have to be at the hospital for 7 a.m. next Monday. So hopefully by the end of the month I'll be feeling the benefits and soon managing longer walks - just in time to enjoy the autumn colours.
It will only be day surgery and if all goes well I should be home by the evening. I'll ask my nephew to pop in and check on Lola on Monday and to help out with getting his food I'm sure he won't mind.

Yes…rain is rejuvenating! We are expecting a bit of rain soon. Clouds are building to our West.

8CB52876-7251-4E7F-AB86-089BE93BED7C.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

It's been raining around here for a couple of days. Sapphire can't go out it's been so wet and cool. He's stuck in his room again today but tomorrow he'll get some sunshine. Yea!!!.🌈 sending hopes and prayers for your surgery and recovery.🤗🙏 Today is Labor Day. Sometimes it falls on my b-day sometimes not. This year because of the rainy weather... there's no cookouts going on around here. Thank the good Lord it's not my birthday this year 🎂😊

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We will take the rain Ms Cathie...the mops show it's coming front the West but my front yard is tan-ish and Kerry's lawn...well, we have it heck this year but we gave it last rights last week!

We were all planning on going to the beach. To get a better view, then go to Coldstone Creamery to get ice cream. It will happen sooner or later.

Sorry bought the scrubbed launch..... Kerry & I drove up and installed my daughters dishwasher on Saturday after having a discussion with the launch tech team about having confidence in their work LAST TIME they had a leak! I'm very disappointed, ESPECIALLY since I'd Overnighted TWO cans of Flexseal (great minds..... or damaged ones, think alike!) Geez a wheeze!

Laughing aside. actually Ray, much more thoughts are given to the fact that your family consumed "bottom feeders" in what is now admitted to be, a questionable area around the Camp. We all know the drill here...heavy metals do not ever go away......and none of them do anything good. A "list of diseases" is BS...those things can do horrible things to a developing body. Prayers noted...

I did have an epiphany talking with said daughter last week though.......if you gift your kid appliances and you happen to be a plumber, age is no longer "A thing" when they are delivered and said dishwasher needs to go where no dishwasher existed before!<LOL>

That's when they call....come on, you all know, Super plumber.....(Don't blame me, I have to carry that bigazz ego around all day). She had actually mixed the finishes too. The new White-Glass fridge with all the others in SS and it looks great. I wouldn't have thought that would work but it does.

We need rain badly.....we were at Downs park yesterday to watch Arron Morrison on the violin in a ensemble. The bay is in the background, very restrained crowd if 150 or so...relaxed but people are "twisted" underneath, you can feel it...saw a couple of kayakers running 50 yds off the shore, thought of Mark... then we saw a few of our friends and a tree that was having issues facing the world...it grew out then over then back into the ground!

(that's illegal bread in front of the Snapper)

Finally, Kerry told me a Facebook story of a new Dad & his beautiful wife. She stays home & he take their son bike riding in one of the tow-behind the bike kid-seat trailers...like "Conestoga wagons"? The story goes he posted a vid of him driving with the kid-seat trailer bouncing along behind him as he drove his PICKUP truck.

Then, he turned his phone off for 4 hrs.

MMMMM. not sure I'd have had the stones to do that to my wife.....but I laughed when Kerry told me she seen it posted!

20220904_172406_HDR.jpg20220904_165624.jpg20220904_170619.jpg20220904_164953.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Joe painted another picture in our saga 🤣 I actually reamed him about where's the bunnies after I saw the tortoise in his drawing. He just smiled 🤣 then painted it 😊View attachment 349591
I love the bunny clock and the comedy and tragedy masks. Such a lot going on in Joe's pictures - you find something new every time you look at them.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all, it's been another heavy shower day but so warm still.

Not much happening today, I booked my car in for an MOT test on Thursday to make sure it's still road worthy. I bought my Ford Fiesta new 15 years ago and unless it's got hidden faults it's still going strong - longest I've ever had a car - my last was a Peugeot and I had that for 12 years before it started costing me too much in repairs. I sometimes think of getting a new one but they are all so much bigger now and I don't want or need anything bigger, so until it - or maybe myself - gives up the ghost I'll hang on to it.
The MOT isn't due until the end of the month but after my surgery I won't be driving for a couple of weeks so just wanted to be sure it was done.
Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I love the bunny clock and the comedy and tragedy masks. Such a lot going on in Joe's pictures - you find something new every time you look at them.
I like the TV on a stand on wheels. It has what we always called bunny ears back in the 60's😁 but in the TV 🤔😉