COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Ray, don't know if you follow deep space stuff but the WEBB has indicated galaxies no older than 400mil yrs after the BB! That tilts the accepted theories on their evolution.

I dated a scientist at Godard years ago...she was the one who tried to call out a math issue that ended up causing one of our mars probes to frag. Something about a metric/imperial bust as I recall now. They told her she was wrong and it hit mars like a dart...they should have listened to that black lady too, huh? Just reminded me of the Math movie a few years back. LOL

Hate waking so early....makes for long days but I made it to after 1:30 this morning....not bad day though, feel great, daughter works today...might even watch a little nfl....do miss Kerry though on weekends cause she's supposed to be here, or me there. Need to replace a light bulb in my truck so I wrote a note to remind me....

Yesterday I installed my sod hydroxide/sod carbonite injector prior to my Terminox iron filter that hasn't been brought online yet. For all my reading, I miss stuff! I didn't know before I bought, it that the water has to be above 7PH for it to work well over time. I also learned that alkalinity and PH are dependent...that's why I added the carbonite, to raise the alk to make it easier to get the PH up. Amazing what we don't know, right? FYI-my well is 5.8-5.9PH

I've got it up to 6.6, 6.8 but today I'll send the hose connected right after the injector diffuser, out the window today so I can read it right after the mixing occurs. It might already be high enough but because I have to run 50 gallons for it to level out, I'm not seeing it yet upstairs. I really need to get this "project" wrapped up.

There is such a drastic difference with just the new softener, clean, soap bubbles well, no "slippery" feeling in the shower....made me feel good as I paid the balance on the CC I had used to buy it. OUCH

On another note.....that guy that hawks the coin sets on tv in the middle of the night....he hasn't aged in 15 years...the Disney animatronic guys did a great job on him!
Haven't got into the deep space stuff. I guess it's never too late though.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy holidays all. Just wanted y’all to know I was thinking of you :)
Yeah. I've been thinking of you and your family too 🥰 including Cinder and Honey and your little horse too along with the menagerie I'm sure you still have 😉 Happy holidays to you too.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's a gorgeous place Ray...
You pick nice places, VERY nice! I never realized that you were such a party animal? A few lifestylers I knew in a past life live down on the Keys. Apparently, The Keys....it's like one 500-800(?) mi long "college party town" but with older folks...LOL I've thought about it but it's probably a good thing I don't live down there.....No question that I'd be "the creepy old guy" now and that's just an embarrassment that I'm unable to handle .....yet. I have never been invisible before....even in my 50's.....maybe it's the clothes?? Maybe it's the "domesticated" sign scrawled across my wrinkled forehead written by my former owners? LOL

2 referring to 1: He's not right you know, just something "off" about him
3: Yeah, but he lives in here too
#4: Shush you guys!
Tammy??? Look familiar my friend?

I have "Genuine", "War", "Beatles", Nelly, Creed & a wrap-up with "Paul Revere and the Raiders" and a song by Jim Stafford playing on the monitor(it has good sound) in the next room here at the office as I seek to wake the heck up. Nothing pressing here so it will be a long day...it's the Christmas season.....my work for the year is complete, no need for me to be swinging for the fences in mid Dec. It's a double-edged sword though for the hyperactive folks.....it'll drive me nuts if I let it....I'll read a lot today......

enjoy the day guys...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Can I ask Mark, what is the purpose for the extra blocking over the entrance hole?

It’s a “predator” guard. Keeps larger birds like crows that like to land on a nest box & yank out babies. The extra thickness keeps that from occurring. (Per the experts at American bluebird Society). 🦉🦃

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Since most of us here have tortoises as pets and kind of like odd creatures of the world, take some time & watch a few videos of “Leon the Lobster”. About a lobster rescued from a seafood shop & kept as a pet. Very cool to watch the transformation over a few of the videos.

➡️➡️

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks Mark, I had suspected that to be the reason....maybe that's why I have no tenants after two years...and here I thought it was "location"!

Enjoy Ray,
it's 31F rainy with a threat of stupid drivers in the DC region today! yeah buddy, I'm still jealous....lol

I pick Kerry up from the airport this afternoon. She finally got to see one of her kids graduate something other than Elem school as her daughter graduated from ASU. Because of her split from hubby, then kids who didn't attend their own HS graduations, this was her first chance...and she's a "mom" and teacher so it's something she's valued! She's a proud mommy.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks Mark, I had suspected that to be the reason....maybe that's why I have no tenants after two years...and here I thought it was "location"!

Enjoy Ray,
it's 31F rainy with a threat of stupid drivers in the DC region today! yeah buddy, I'm still jealous....lol

I pick Kerry up from the airport this afternoon. She finally got to see one of her kids graduate something other than Elem school as her daughter graduated from ASU. Because of her split from hubby, then kids who didn't attend their own HS graduations, this was her first chance...and she's a "mom" and teacher so it's something she's valued! She's a proud mommy.
That's great Kerry got to enjoy that milestone.
Went fishing on a party boat yesterday. It was a 4 hr trip. It was a test run to see how the 2 grandsons would handle the water. My 10 yr old grandson got seasick. 🤢🤮. He handled it OK, he kept fishing but had to hang his head over the rail a few times. We didn't catch anything big, but we ended up with a dozen mixed bag. We took the fish to a restaurant that prepared them for us.
Now we know we can't charter a private boat with my grandson.
The only problem with the resort is they have 5 pools but no hot tub. I am really in the need for a hot tub after fishing yesterday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Enjoy Ray,

I'm so happy for Kerry. And you because you get her back soon 😊 she'll know what to do.😉🧦

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all ( I suppose I should throw in a good morning for those of us who have just passed midnight into Friday)
I've just been busy catching up with your posts and glad to see you are all well, busy or lucky enough to be fishing at the Keys.
It's still dry and below freezing here day and night with temps in the low 20Fs - I think that tomorrow will be the first day in a while that we reach the upper 30sF. I can't remember the last time we had such a prolonged period of extremely cold weather. As LJL said we've had a dusting of snow but nothing substantial. Milder weather is on the way though for Sunday but that will bring rain and high winds, then looks like we're getting colder again so who knows we may have a white Xmas.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon/evening all ( I suppose I should throw in a good morning for those of us who have just passed midnight into Friday)
I've just been busy catching up with your posts and glad to see you are all well, busy or lucky enough to be fishing at the keys.
It's still dry and below freezing here day and night with temps in the low 20Fs - I think that tomorrow will be the first day in a while that we reach the upper 30sF. I can't remember the last time we had such a prolonged period of extremely cold weather. As LJL said we've had a dusting of snow but nothing substantial. Milder weather is on the way though for Sunday but that will bring rain and high winds, then looks like we're getting colder again so who knows we may have a white Xmas.
Today we've had a really warm day. The back yard was 70°f in mid December for heavens sake. By Christmas it's supposed to gradually cool down to 20°f through the day. If it rains we'll have snow ❄️ the rest of my country is having deep snow in the northern parts now. You'll be getting my warm weather blowing your way.💨 then my cold snap after 😉

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have a busy few days coming up with lunch with one of my nephews and his family on Sunday and then in the evening my sister has bought us tickets to see a very talented musician and music show presenter called Jools Holland. Then on Tuesday evening I'm meeting up with some of my colleagues from school for dinner. I'm really looking forward to it all, the only trouble is my car is having problems. It started making a high pitched whining noise on Tuesday, so I took it to my garage and has to go in next Weds. It could be the fan belt or alternator or bearings -they won't know until they have it in. They said it is driveable if I stay local but wouldn't recommend going further or on motorways in case something seizes up. So I'll be taking the train to Cardiff on Sunday and hoping one of my friends can pick me up on Tuesday.
They say problems come in threes, so after my laptop and roof, the car has to be the third. Hopefully that will be an end to my recent run of bad luck. The car is 15 now so it's bound to have wear sand tear issues - if only it could have waited a week or so! Not so much bad luck as bad timing!!

I hope all your Xmas preparations are going well. I'm struggling for ideas this year.